Join Today
Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2634353637 LastLast
    Cookie Monster
    its getting there
    Thanks
    I prefer the old ones

full respray..plenty of body mods..comets..ray cat back noise pipe..decat and wrapped downpipe..me7 exhaust manifold..3" throttle body with ported inlet manifold..blue injectors..adjustable fuel reg..reverse intercooler pipework..19t..open cone air filter..255 fuel pump..m-r-p short shift..boost gauge..unknown remap..adjustable suspension..lightweight crank pulley..n/a cams..stripped out interior..and a heavy right foot

Owner of Project VolVaxo

Thanks
    ok so heres what ive done.......but it wont run atm so I think I have it wired wrong ><

Hot soldering iron made a cut so it will sit correct

test fit!

heat shrink ready

all soldered up!

ostrich in place!

Ohh and new seats!

4.4 motronic ecu. ostrich emulation chip. boost sensors+ wideband inbuilt to the ecu. 650cc injectors. hybrid GT28 turbo. custom 5 branch manifold. Large side mount intercooler. pipercross custom airfilter. no cat. no back boxes >< All in a saxo
    Follow the volvaxo project on facebook @ > http://www.facebook.com/groups/volvaxo/

Still more fettling needed,
    will it never end?
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,587 Times in 3,404 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hybriduno View Post
    ok so heres what ive done.......but it wont run atm so I think I have it wired wrong ><

Hot soldering iron made a cut so it will sit correct

test fit!

heat shrink ready

all soldered up!

ostrich in place!

Ohh and new seats!

Now the fun begins.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    OMP Seats look good! They comfy? What model are they, i'd quite like a nice simple seat like that for mine.

Volvo sucks....... lots of air
    Thanks
    Hybriduno,
    After reading your post and asking if you were on M4,4 I did the M4.3 conversion as well. Somehow for the autoxbox, an MIL from the TCM is lighting it up but that's not why I'm posting.
    I just want to let you know that the round BCS (if you're using EBC, forget this comment), will cause boost spike unless you change to the newer square BCS. It's like the duty cycle is off between the two BCS.
    Anyway I'm back on Dilemma's M4,3 program as I can't seem to get round the MIL from the TCM. All the DTC off commands are for the emission only. Maybe I'll head over to VolvoSpeed and see if there are any updates

Owner of Project VolVaxo

Thanks
    I have the newer style bcs im getting nice peaks but no spikes. and holding a steady 22psi on a good map
    4.4 motronic ecu. ostrich emulation chip. boost sensors+ wideband inbuilt to the ecu. 650cc injectors. hybrid GT28 turbo. custom 5 branch manifold. Large side mount intercooler. pipercross custom airfilter. no cat. no back boxes >< All in a saxo
    Follow the volvaxo project on facebook @ > http://www.facebook.com/groups/volvaxo/

This user has no status

Thanks
    I have the newer style bcs im getting nice peaks but no spikes. and holding a steady 22psi on a good map
    Nice, and we'll done for getting no spikes.

How's the emulator working out?

Blah Blah Blah!
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by glock19 View Post
    Hybriduno,
    After reading your post and asking if you were on M4,4 I did the M4.3 conversion as well. Somehow for the autoxbox, an MIL from the TCM is lighting it up but that's not why I'm posting.
    I just want to let you know that the round BCS (if you're using EBC, forget this comment), will cause boost spike unless you change to the newer square BCS. It's like the duty cycle is off between the two BCS.
    I'm going over to 4.4, what BCS do I need? The V70 one?

Ghost Rider
    If I want your opinion, I'll
    ask you to fill out the
    necessary forms
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,921 Times in 1,186 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pault5estate View Post
    I'm going over to 4.4, what BCS do I need? The V70 one?
    From what I`ve read on wiki/volvospeed you need the square S60/V70 one.

1996 850 T5 AWD - Self tuned M4.4 ECU with COP`s, B5254T ( S60R internals in a 850 block ) ostrich 2.0 , VXR injectors @ 3.8 bar, K24 turbo with a 6+6 compressor wheel, 3.25" MAF, top mounted Dump Valve, RN Exhaust manifold, 3" downpipe with 200 cell cat, 2.75" Stainless exhaust, Brembo calipers, S60R brake discs, stainless RIP kit, 3" Throttle body,

Owner of Project VolVaxo

Thanks
    All bolted up internally including Wideband/boost sensor/moates ostrich

Blah Blah Blah!
    Thanks
    Looks very tidy

Fancy doing another one?

Owner of Project VolVaxo

Thanks
    any time paul

Ghost Rider
    ask you to fill out the
    necessary forms
    Thanks
    Looking good

What wideband o2 sensor are you using ??

Have you wiried into the ECU ??

1996 850 T5 AWD - Self tuned M4.4 ECU with COP`s, B5254T ( S60R internals in a 850 block ) ostrich 2.0 , VXR injectors @ 3.8 bar, K24 turbo with a 6+6 compressor wheel, 3.25" MAF, top mounted Dump Valve, RN Exhaust manifold, 3" downpipe with 200 cell cat, 2.75" Stainless exhaust, Brembo calipers, S60R brake discs, stainless RIP kit, 3" Throttle body,

Blah Blah Blah!
    Thanks
    One thing, why is everybody fitting an Ostrich?

I've been reading the thread on Volvospeed, but I can't work out what it does.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Volvostorm For This Useful Post:

oblark (Thursday 20th February 2014)

Ghost Rider
    ask you to fill out the
    necessary forms
    Thanks
    One thing, why is everybody fitting an Ostrich?

I've been reading the thread on Volvospeed, but I can't work out what it does.
    Same here

Owner of Project VolVaxo

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by oblark View Post
    Same here
    Without the ostrich you need 13v+ to write to the flash, in most cases people need either a) a battery charger to boost your power to flash or b) to remove the ecu every time and put on an external power source.
    Also the flash read/write/verify times are about 2-3 mins direct via obd2..............with the ostrtrich I write/read/verify in under 10 seconds.

so a process that would usually take an hour ei: unknown injectors scaling/timing/fueling now takes about 5 minutes and can be done at the side of the road rather than returning home everytime.

there are many many other advantages but that's the main thing for me

18. The Following User Says Thank You to hybriduno For This Useful Post:

oblark (Friday 21st February 2014)

Volvo sucks....... lots of air
    Thanks
    any time paul
    You can't do it the exactly the same way as yours as most of your connectors are at the side of the ECU.
    These will not fit in the OE ECU slots unless theirs is also without the ECU casing
    My 2 cents

Owner of Project VolVaxo

Thanks
    I have the standard ecu casing on my volvaxo

Blah Blah Blah!
    Thanks
    Without the ostrich you need 13v+ to write to the flash, in most cases people need either a) a battery charger to boost your power to flash or b) to remove the ecu every time and put on an external power source.
    Also the flash read/write/verify times are about 2-3 mins direct via obd2..............with the ostrtrich I write/read/verify in under 10 seconds.

so a process that would usually take an hour ei: unknown injectors scaling/timing/fueling now takes about 5 minutes and can be done at the side of the road rather than returning home everytime.

there are many many other advantages but that's the main thing for me
    Thanks for that, I understand it

As my 850 doesn't have an OBD port, it looks like something I will need for mapping etc

If I supply a 4.4, how much to build one up for me?

Owner of Project VolVaxo

Thanks
    Thanks for that, I understand it

As my 850 doesn't have an OBD port, it looks like something I will need for mapping etc

If I supply a 4.4, how much to build one up for me?
    If you supply all the parts, ill do it for beer tokens bud

Thread Information