Join Today
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Thanked 2,643 Times in 1,928 Posts
    This eBay link may seem almost uninteresting to you Simon but look at the registration of the T-5R in the feature... Is it possible your car was originally a Volvo UK car? Would be interesting to research the previous owner history

http://bit.ly/14N0E7M

Gun Metal Grey - Volvo 850R - Saloon
    Thanks to Russ and team www.rtmechanics.co.uk

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AndysR View Post
    This eBay link may seem almost uninteresting to you Simon but look at the registration of the T-5R in the feature... Is it possible your car was originally a Volvo UK car? Would be interesting to research the previous owner history

No it is interesting, I was told by the chap I bought the car off that one of the dealer who sold my car when it was new had a run of number plates prefix M*** TFC.

I have seen a few Gul Yellow T5-R's on google images with this reg prefix and know of a car on VOC that came 2nd at the BKV Show for the 850 section and is owned by a chap called Alan reg no: M165 TFC which is also a T5-R Gul Saloon.

So speaking of Gul Yellow T5-R's...

Not everyday this happens...

Yesterday I was on my way to a local cash machine and just as I parked up to my amazement I spotted a Volvo 855 T5-R in Gul yellow parked at the bottom of the car park, I made eye contact with the owner who was sat in the car with his family and then we began waving at each other like a pair of nutters HAHA.

I had about 30 mins chatting with him and admiring each others cars, It turns out he does not live that far away from me and is a Professional Mobile Valeter by trade and dabbles with a bit of detailing work, His car was an Automatic which he has owned for 10 years and does not use very often these days.

Was very nice to have mine parked upto another one, His was in good condition for the year but he did say after seeing mine that he really needs to put some more time into his car.

I did have to laugh though as when he looked around mine and saw all the little details like the brakes painted, The floor mats, The underseaing, The condition of the bodywork and wheels, The engine bay he simply said...I CAN'T BELIEVE IT, ITS FU**ING MINT THIS then he made his wife get out of their car to look too much to her amusement LOL.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bonelorry For This Useful Post:

craigoodwood (Sunday 15th September 2013),Jamest5r (Sunday 8th September 2013),MoleT-5R (Friday 6th September 2013)

OH DEAR
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,711 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Certainly not every day you do get two of them together I really do like gul estates and that does remind me I need to get looking for a bike rack.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by t5 pete View Post
    Certainly not every day you do get two of them together I really do like gul estates and that does remind me I need to get looking for a bike rack.
    Yes, It is the first one other than mine I have seen in the flesh for years!

He lives in Thurgoland so not far from either of us, Apparantly he was saying there was a Gul Saloon at Hoyland too but it got wrote off when a van ran into it outside a chipshop

This user has no status

Thanks
    Excellent spot! It's always nice to see a fellow enthusiast out and about

7. The Following User Says Thank You to AndysR For This Useful Post:

bonelorry (Sunday 1st September 2013)

OH DEAR
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bonelorry View Post
    Yes, It is the first one other than mine I have seen in the flesh for years!

He lives in Thurgoland so not far from either of us, Apparantly he was saying there was a Gul Saloon at Hoyland too but it got wrote off when a van ran into it outside a chipshop
    Yeah I remember the saloon in hoyland it was just up from the centre of hoyland looks like one less now

9. The Following User Says Thank You to t5 pete For This Useful Post:

bonelorry (Sunday 1st September 2013)

This user has no status

Thanks
    Gave myself a little job to do for after work on Saturday.

Although the previous owner changed the Oil & Filter annually regardless of mileage which was usually a mere 1000 per year! I have covered just over 1200 miles since buying the car in June and wanted to change it myself for piece of mind and since I have done everything else.

The car has been run on Castrol 10w40 Magnatec for the last 7 years or so whilst the previous owner had the car and since the main Volvo dealers now use Castrol for servicing I thought why not.

So I bought 8 Litres of Castrol 10w40 Magnatec A3/B4 and a Genuine Volvo filter.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to bonelorry For This Useful Post:

iancho (Friday 6th September 2013)

Clueless about Cars
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,024 Times in 747 Posts
    She will love you for it in the long run

13. The Following User Says Thank You to iancho For This Useful Post:

bonelorry (Friday 6th September 2013)

This user has no status

Thanks
    Was up early giving the car a Mini-detail this morning as I attended a UKSaab's meeting near Newark.

A snap of mine from the UKSaabs meeting...

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bonelorry For This Useful Post:

AndysR (Wednesday 11th September 2013),iancho (Monday 9th September 2013)

This user has no status

Thanks
    Can't put a price on regular oil changes the more the merrier!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to AndysR For This Useful Post:

bonelorry (Saturday 14th September 2013)

OH DEAR
    Thanks
    Was up early giving the car a Mini-detail this morning as I attended a UKSaab's meeting near Newark.

A snap of mine from the UKSaabs meeting...

Looks lovely a true credit to you and its prev owner I cannot wait to get started on myne over the winter every thing should be done on myne apart from the respray which will be done summer time 2014

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by t5 pete View Post
    Looks lovely a true credit to you and its prev owner I cannot wait to get started on myne over the winter every thing should be done on myne apart from the respray which will be done summer time 2014
    Cheers Pete, The previous owner probably got the car 60% of the way there and indeed did a fine job of looking after the car.

The difference is now the car is able to be used daily and mechanically/Cosmetically wants for nothing. All the Little details have really finished the car off

I will have to pop over soon and have a chin-wag and let you have a look at mine, I might not have it much longer as I am thinking about getting it MOT'd early and selling it in October now.

This user has no status
    Thanks

Mines is M158TFC and is a 1994, is yours 94 Simon or 95

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The Flying Banana View Post
    Mines is M158TFC and is a 1994, is yours 94 Simon or 95
    Dec 1994 mine was registered matey

This user has no status

Thanks
    Selling up...

Right as mentioned earlier in this thread it was always my intention to not keep the car long term and this is something I have been giving this much thought recently.

The cars MOT is not due until the end of December and this was when I originally considered selling the car but I have decided that I am going to get the car MOT'd early at some over the next few weeks with a view of selling/advertising it at the beginning of October.

I have set out what I wanted to achieve with the car and I am very happy with the level of condition the car is now at, I have taken an already good example and made it one of the best Volvo 854 T5-R's in the country.

I know and always did know that it was a one off purchase and its a car that I will probably never own again as they are becoming rarer as time goes on in any condition, Never mind good ones! I

I do however have other projects I want to pursue and have plans to have a bit of a stripped out/track toy and a cheap daily driver next year so the Volvo will have to go. I actually wanted to go down this route before I spotted the Volvo for sale but when I saw it I had to have one last fling and fulfil the need which I have always had to own a Volvo 854 T5-R in Gul Yellow with a manual gearbox!

So keep your eyes out for the For Sale thread over the next 3-4 weeks.

Cheers Simon

This user has no status

Thanks
    Shame to hear your selling up so soon Simon, but as you've said it was never going to be a long term thing. So best of luck with the sale I hope it goes to someone who will cherish it as it has been up until now and appreciate it for what it is whole and not what it could be in parts after thrashing and ruining it...

What are you after for it? PM if you'd rather not say on here just yet.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Shame to hear your selling up so soon Simon, but as you've said it was never going to be a long term thing. So best of luck with the sale I hope it goes to someone who will cherish it as it has been up until now and appreciate it for what it is whole and not what it could be in parts after thrashing and ruining it...

What are you after for it? PM if you'd rather not say on here just yet.
    Thanks Andy,

Yes I do hope the car stays on the forums and goes to an enthusiast that will cherish and pamper the car, I will be keeping my eyes out on the forums to see its progress with the prospective new owner who ever that might be???? Ofcourse in my opinion the car is now complete and is ready to be used, I have only covered 1600 Miles since I bought the car and all the new parts have covered even less so it wants for nothing.

I do not mind disclosing the price on the forum, I am always upfront with people...

I bought this car purely because I have always wanted one and always knew it would be for non profit and more for my love of these cars.

The car was up for £6000 when I went to look at it!

In the end I paid £5000 for the car and that is the amount I will be wanting back for the car. I have spent £1500 on the car and even though I am lucky enough to have carried out all the work myself...if you where factoring labour into the equation its had probably about £1500 worth of labour charges on-top also!

So I feel that its justifiable to ask for £5000 for the car although whether perspective buyers feel this is reasonable is another question? Its not just the rarity of the car but also its condition I honestly do not think there can be many examples left as good.

A very bad whale

Thanks
    Thanked 1,313 Times in 870 Posts
    The picture of yours and the estate together is brilliant. They both look so good in that colour it makes me wonder why there are so few of them around. My old man had a Vauxhall Cavalier Sports Hatch when I was young , it was a very similar colour and looked great it really stood out.
    Your thread is always a good read and car is seriously enviable .

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Orca2 For This Useful Post:

bonelorry (Sunday 15th September 2013)

This user has no status

Thanks
    Thanks Andy,

Yes I do hope the car stays on the forums and goes to an enthusiast that will cherish and pamper the car, I will be keeping my eyes out on the forums to see its progress with the prospective new owner who ever that might be???? Ofcourse in my opinion the car is now complete and is ready to be used, I have only covered 1600 Miles since I bought the car and all the new parts have covered even less so it wants for nothing.

I do not mind disclosing the price on the forum, I am always upfront with people...

I bought this car purely because I have always wanted one and always knew it would be for non profit and more for my love of these cars.

The car was up for £6000 when I went to look at it!

In the end I paid £5000 for the car and that is the amount I will be wanting back for the car. I have spent £1500 on the car and even though I am lucky enough to have carried out all the work myself...if you where factoring labour into the equation its had probably about £1500 worth of labour charges on-top also!

So I feel that its justifiable to ask for £5000 for the car although whether perspective buyers feel this is reasonable is another question? Its not just the rarity of the car but also its condition I honestly do not think there can be many examples left as good.
    I think your asking price is both reasonable and realistic, if anything you've added to the price you paid by investing your time, efforts and attention to detail making this car more than just the rare yellow manual T-5R you originally bought. There will be 2 types of buyer interested in this car, the majority of buyers that are interested will question your price, and quite simply will not be able to afford such an example. Then there will be the minority who will welcome it's history and well kept appearance, indeed it will be these few who are after a car of this caliber . This is the class of buyer you should be interested in as they will appreciate it's rarity and pay to have such a car, it will also secure the cars future and make sure that it continues to be looked after and maintained "correctly". Again I wish you well with the sale and ask that you stay in touch as I always enjoy reading through your vehicles project threads as your attention to detail and insistence on quality make for great reading and in a way remind me of me... lol

This user has no status

Thanks
    I think your asking price is both reasonable and realistic, if anything you've added to the price you paid by investing your time, efforts and attention to detail making this car more than just the rare yellow manual T-5R you originally bought. There will be 2 types of buyer interested in this car, the majority of buyers that are interested will question your price, and quite simply will not be able to afford such an example. Then there will be the minority who will welcome it's history and well kept appearance, indeed it will be these few who are after a car of this caliber . This is the class of buyer you should be interested in as they will appreciate it's rarity and pay to have such a car, it will also secure the cars future and make sure that it continues to be looked after and maintained "correctly". Again I wish you well with the sale and ask that you stay in touch as I always enjoy reading through your vehicles project threads as your attention to detail and insistence on quality make for great reading and in a way remind me of me... lol
    Thanks Andy, As you said and I feel the same...I would prefer for the car to go to an enthusiast and to be honest I doubt anyone other than someone who really appreciates the car for what it is will be interested.

I was advised to put the car up for a little more than what I paid by a fellow member who has seen the car in the flesh, However I am not greedy and I am also realistic in the current climate.

There is currently a Gul 855 T5-R on ebay for £4750 which looks very average in condition and is not a patch on what my car was before I carried out all the work. Ofcourse the owner/seller is cashing in on the rarity of the car and his value is a little high in my opinion. I would hope someone looking would appreciate the quality of my car.

We shall see

29. The Following User Says Thank You to bonelorry For This Useful Post:

AndysR (Sunday 15th September 2013)

Thread Information