Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

99 C70 T5 GT Auto Convertible oil pressure problem Help Help

Hi guys and sorry for not being in touch lately.
    I m still chucking money at that famous C70 T5 that I had the smoking problem.
    Smoking issue now gone with a new turbo fitted,the old one was do badly loose on the bearing it was untrue.
    But still getting a oil pressure issue when warm light comes on and before you ask the switch is new and pressure dropping to 2bar with mechanical gauge .
    Work done so far is as followed Sump down few times,all o ring for oil pump,suction pipe,oil filter pan pipe etc etc all new,brand new Volvo oil pump fitted ,oil filter release valve new fitted etc etc the job lot
    AND Still dropping oil pressure but wait here if I turn the car off for 2 second and star again I m gaining my oil pressure back to 3.5 bar for few minutes and drop again to 2 bar with movement on reving ????
    Can anyone help here ?????
    What's next
    Help

Still more fettling needed,
    will it never end?
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,587 Times in 3,404 Posts
    I hope it isn't, and I could be wrong, but, it sounds a bit like big ends, I'm assuming you can't hear any bottom end grumble.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Talk to Tim Williams about this, why was the old oil pump changed?? was it showing signs of wear?
    P1 V70 2.5T Scorpion Exhaust, 3" downpipe 100cel cat, BSR induction, KKK24, GWE 3" Maf to turbo pipe,japanifold , 2010 V50 T5 Alloys Projector Headlamps with 5k Hid kit Quickshift kit, strut brace, Koni Yellow Sport,IPD BCS AET motorsport remap
    Previous: 2004 XC90 T6, 240GLT Estate, 343DL
    Toys: Capri 3.7 Twin turbo, Kawasaki ZX10R 2006,

This user has no status

Thanks
    No not much signs of wear on the pump I just changed it thinking the release valve might be sticking ,No guys no knoks or anything runs sweet like a nut .
    Only got 107 k on the clock ,if it was the shells on the big end it would not go back up after switching on and off ???? Puzzled

Keeping it looking stock
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,581 Times in 1,296 Posts
    Sounds like you might be getting the oil aerated,when you pull the dip stick is the oil like a foam ? When it been running.

This user has no status

Thanks
    No Harvey all sweet and PVC box all pipes etc brand new,all turbo pipe gasket,o ring etc new
    HELP

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Slrmoco View Post
    No Harvey all sweet and PVC box all pipes etc brand new,all turbo pipe gasket,o ring etc new
    HELP
    i told ya mate get hold of Tim Williams over on T5d5, send him a message, HE WILL HELP YOU
    P1 V70 2.5T Scorpion Exhaust, 3" downpipe 100cel cat, BSR induction, KKK24, GWE 3" Maf to turbo pipe,japanifold , 2010 V50 T5 Alloys Projector Headlamps with 5k Hid kit Quickshift kit, strut brace, Koni Yellow Sport,IPD BCS AET motorsport remap
    Previous: 2004 XC90 T6, 240GLT Estate, 343DL
    Toys: Capri 3.7 Twin turbo, Kawasaki ZX10R 2006,

Thread Information