Join Today
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Driving Miss Daisy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,171 Times in 2,943 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by doorman View Post
    Told you so! PS my mpg is up by 3-4 mpg bonus
    Just back from a 200 jaunt today and I can confirm my car is now giving me around 3 extra mpg

The Relentless Pursuit Of Perfection

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to V70 Graham For This Useful Post:

doorman (Monday 11th June 2012),getcarter1972 (Tuesday 12th June 2012)

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
    I just filled up my s60R and put in £50 of v power in the trip meter says I've travelled a grand total of 156 miles ,I don't use it much just run around town all local trips.
    I think I will get a clean done when there's a local garage to me gets a machine.
    Have you emailed Terraclean? I did and they emailed me back telling me my nearest garage with a Terraclean machine.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

4. The Following User Says Thank You to LeeT5 For This Useful Post:

Harvey (Tuesday 12th June 2012)

This user has no statues
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeT5 View Post
    Have you emailed Terraclean? I did and they emailed me back telling me my nearest garage with a Terraclean machine.
    They are on Facebook as well and will tell you there.
    Not a '97 V70 T-5 CD Auto, Black, Black leather anymore..
    replaced a Mercedes S202 C220 Cdi diseasal Now scrapped!! (best place for it, it was crap!)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Rhys For This Useful Post:

getcarter1972 (Tuesday 12th June 2012)

Keeping it looking stock
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,581 Times in 1,296 Posts
    Hi have looked on there web site there one in north Devon approx 80 mile,
    One in Cornwall 90 mile both a bit to far to go I am sure one will be in Exeter or Plymouth soon.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    have emailed em for info on norfolk/suffolk - and from their website looks like a dealer is in kings lynn or peterborough maybe. anyone know for sure?

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    All i did was email them with my postcode and they emailed me back with the nearest gargage. I don't suppose their website is updated that often, thou i'd like to think that it is.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

This user has no status
    Thanks
    got a mail back from them today - they have a dealer in norwich who can do petrol engines only. i will be booking mine in @ WFC Service Centre
    Unit 7 Robberbs Way
    Bowthoorpe Industrial Estate
    Norwich
    NR5 9JF

Tel 01603 271929 or 07796 215348

Speak to Sean Ryder

after i am back from hols in a couple of weeks.

handy for us norfolkians!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to getcarter1972 For This Useful Post:

WHITE999-T5 (Saturday 16th June 2012)

This user has no status

Thanks
    This is an interesting read if you wait for the pages to load.

Read from Post 57 on page 6 then to 10

Apparently you are better off using BG 44K in the tank to clean the whole fuel system and also Shell Optimax does the same thing over time.

Both these items have the cleaning detergent additive in them.

Note the date, we are so behind in this country.

Mercedes C320CDI Sport Estate 3 litre V6 7 Gear Auto
    Remap 290bhp 628Nm torque @ 1600revs 45.1mpg

Swollen Member
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,408 Times in 1,497 Posts
    Superb.... 'these are pictures of a sparks plug before and after' err no, deffo different spark plugs.....FAIL

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 960kg View Post
    This is an interesting read if you wait for the pages to load.

Read from Post 57 on page 6 then to 10

Apparently you are better off using BG 44K in the tank to clean the whole fuel system and also Shell Optimax does the same thing over time.

Both these items have the cleaning detergent additive in them.

Note the date, we are so behind in this country.
    They may have 'cleaning detergent additive' in them but ALL fuels from petrol pumps in the UK contain Silicone. It's this very silicone that Terraclean attacks aswell as the carbon build up but primarily it's the build up of silicone deposits on the injector nozzles that prevents the fuel from atomising correctly when injected. This will cause some of the fuel not to be burn't in the combustion chamber thus increasing exhaust temperatures and slowly, over time, causing the catalsyst to lose efficiency. This includes O2 sensors. They get contaminated with silicone and don't react as quickly as when they were new. This will cause an increase in fuel consumption alone.

I've used many an additive in my fuel tanks in the past in many cars and to be honest, i never noticed any difference. This is why i was sceptical about the Terraclean.

Not anymore thou I will be booking my car in for another Terraclean before the year is out! The results for me were nothing shy of incredible, bar none.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LeeT5 For This Useful Post:

doorman (Sunday 17th June 2012),V70 Graham (Saturday 16th June 2012)

This user has no status

Thanks
    First of all i ain`t arguing just like to read and see before i do anything as the same as yourself Sittingbourne is just up the road for me, i worked there for 12 years........

I don`t understand the Silicone bit as it says in this article it is only in Diesel oil and should never ever be in Petrol because the combustion is brought about a different way!!

So Lee, if you have another clean before the year is out that is £170 for the year and if it works there is surely nothing to clean out as we have superb octane fuels in this country which deposit §§§§§§ all......

BG 44K lasted my T4 and my T5 for weeks, you could still feel the instant reaction to the throttle, but this stuff is only £15 a treatment for 12,000miles so really just once per year.

If you manage to get 3mpg more by driving as normal so that you don`t feel any benefit of the treatment then you would have to cover a lot of miles before seeing any money saving that is if the saving of 3mpg is continuous.

Everyone to there own i know but it will cost me as well as £85 for the treatment another £20 for the return journey, so we are at £105 ........

...here we go again...
    Thanks

So Lee, if you have another clean before the year is out that is £170 for the year and if it works there is surely nothing to clean out as we have superb octane fuels in this country which deposit §§§§§§ all......
    I want mine done again as, like i said, we had problems with the throttle control whilst it was carrying out the Terraclean and i only managed to get the car to fast idle correctly midway through the clean. I reckon it didn't make that much difference to the results but either way, i'm getting mine done a second time as initial results were all positive. A second clean won't harm anything and can only do good.

I'm not here to debate about it, i'm here to say that, for me, the results were bloody good, infact they were absolutely astonishing!! (especially the drive home) So much so i even phoned up the garage to thank them again and tell them just how good it was.

You may have got good results from a bottle from Halfords but that would have taken a tank or two of fuel and a gradual improvement. I'm talking about an instant difference, Night and Day, black and white and the biggest smile factor i've had for £84!

So it cost's you £105, so what, you won't regret it. At least you'll see and feel the difference immediately and smile all the way back to Hythe.

Keeping it looking stock
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,581 Times in 1,296 Posts
    Hi will be getting it done when there's a workshop near me as the feedback is good and let's be honest it can only help the car .

Lawnmower Boy
    Now known as WAPAHO!!!
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,733 Times in 1,162 Posts
    I've just enquired for the V40... would be interested in a rolling road session after..

Current Garage:
    1997 960 3.0L 24v - Polestar...(Honest guv..!!)
    1997 855 T5 S - stripped to 1300kgs gross weight - 14.2sec qtr(rank 17*)
    2001 V40 T4 SE - 14.199@100.15MPH - Hybrid Turbo/VXR injectors and DeCat(Rank 15*)
    *Data Sept 2013
    Any Stuff For Sale - check out my Ebay link

Beer Baron
    Nice to have some power again.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,466 Times in 1,996 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JUDGENINJA View Post
    I've just enquired for the V40... would be interested in a rolling road session after..
    Before and after would be good.

I still don't understand how it cleans the cat.
    "The problem with internet quotes, is that you don't know if they're real or not" - Abraham Lincoln

This user has no status

Thanks
    i don`t understand how this process has taken 6 yrs to get here from the USA, as in the link, perhaps they exhausted the Americans of there $ `s.

To date the best way of removing carbon from the system apart from removing the head was to do it by water. I`m not going to explain the process it as it is explained on another part of these different forums online but it is so simple.

But just think what happens when your head gasket goes and you remove the head to find carbon washed away near the gasket failure area, so there is the proof.

Beer Baron
    Thanks
    They may have 'cleaning detergent additive' in them but ALL fuels from petrol pumps in the UK contain Silicone.
    Are you sure? I'v looked and can't see any evidence of petrol containing silicone, in fact from what i'v read even the smallest amounts of it being found in petrol will cause engine problems.
    "The problem with internet quotes, is that you don't know if they're real or not" - Abraham Lincoln

Lawnmower Boy
    Now known as WAPAHO!!!
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,733 Times in 1,162 Posts
    i don`t understand how this process has taken 6 yrs to get here from the USA, as in the link, perhaps they exhausted the Americans of there $ `s.

To date the best way of removing carbon from the system apart from removing the head was to do it by water. I`m not going to explain the process it as it is explained on another part of these different forums online but it is so simple.

But just think what happens when your head gasket goes and you remove the head to find carbon washed away near the gasket failure area, so there is the proof.
    Don't ever think just cos we're in the developed world that technologies would automatically transfer over. In many case we aren't anywhere near other countries in many cases, just take my profession (Nuclear Medicine) The US have more centres and scan more/head of population, do a wider variety of products than I can make anytime soon. Even places in Europe are ahead. Stuff the UK NHS, if I need anything I'll be off to Belgium.

Japan run 4G, we're not likely to get that anytime soon.

This Terraclean stuff is all down to local franchising, if there isn't a market then they ain't going to bring it over.

I'll reserve judgement once mines done..

Current Garage:
    1997 960 3.0L 24v - Polestar...(Honest guv..!!)
    1997 855 T5 S - stripped to 1300kgs gross weight - 14.2sec qtr(rank 17*)
    2001 V40 T4 SE - 14.199@100.15MPH - Hybrid Turbo/VXR injectors and DeCat(Rank 15*)
    *Data Sept 2013
    Any Stuff For Sale - check out my Ebay link

24. The Following User Says Thank You to JUDGENINJA For This Useful Post:

960kg (Sunday 17th June 2012)

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamT4 View Post
    Before and after would be good.

I still don't understand how it cleans the cat.
    The same way it cleans everything else!

Beer Baron
    Thanks
    The same way it cleans everything else!
    Thats a pointless and wrong answer.

I can easily believe that it can help to clear carbon deposits from the engine as theres an actual physical contact, as its a liquid that is run through the engine (refined fuel is all it says). But as theres no direct contact between the fuel and the cat, the resulting exhaust gasses from the fuel must, somehow be cleaning the cat.

I have watched the video and read a few things about it and nowhere does it explain how it cleans the cat. Because of the lack of any info on that particular matter, i still believe that the most likely cause of the cat being "cleaner" is simply that the engine has been on for a while and the cat has got hot. When the cat is hot it is more efficient.

As i have said, i see how this system could "clean" the engine, but i have not seen any evidence to suggest that it cleans the cat as well, simply that the cat gets hot.

Have you looked up on there being silicone in petrol yet?

Thread Information