Join Today
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,841 Times in 1,058 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by p fandango View Post
    i haven't got any graphs, all the information/transmission losses were worked out from the T5D5 thread

i'd certainly change my tyres if i was losing over 50% of my power thru them lol
    I can see where you're trying to go with this thread. So far I think it's been fairly informative. I've been very restrained so far I feel, by not responding to the utterly useless input you've had to T4_Al's thread.

So, I suggest keeping it on track, and not attempt to get a rise out of the T5D5 'Baddies', which is clearly your intention.

Oh look, it's worked....
    Factory White 855R : 2.5 Bottom End : Ported & Flowed Cylinder Head : TD04 19T Turbo
    VXR Injectors : ME7 Manifold : TWR Throttle Body : Blackbeast IC : AEM Progressive WI : Ferrita 3" Downpipe
    Milltek Cat-Back : BC BR Coilovers : IPD ARB : AP Racing Brakes : M56 & Gripper LSD

This user has no status
    Thanks
    So to sum up T4_Al you will need some further supporting work for you to reach your desired goal.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Alan M For This Useful Post:

p fandango (Friday 20th August 2010)

This user has no status

Thanks
    im looking to break the 300bhp with my 16t and im very sure i will. so watch this space!!

a 19t just isn't laggy enough
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 4,072 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by S70T5Chris View Post
    I can see where you're trying to go with this thread. So far I think it's been fairly informative. I've been very restrained so far I feel, by not responding to the utterly useless input you've had to T4_Al's thread.

So, I suggest keeping it on track, and not attempt to get a rise out of the T5D5 'Baddies', which is clearly your intention.
    lmao if you actually noticed it was somebody else who pointed out about the high transmission loses first. I'm sorry that because your graph & its accuracy has been questioned you feel it to be useless

Oh look, it's worked....
    & sorry i didn't post quicker lol

6. The Following User Says Thank You to p fandango For This Useful Post:

BruceT (Friday 20th August 2010)

This user has no status

Thanks
    Regarding trans losses, how much would the losses be reduced by if a LSD was fitted?

VPCUK Car of the Year 2013
    Jim
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,282 Times in 3,549 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowt5r View Post
    im looking to break the 300bhp with my 16t and im very sure i will. so watch this space!!

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthre...+manual&page=5

I almost got there.......post 86, maybe at 1.3 bar it would of pushed it over the 300 mark.

Welcome to any comments on that graph...

T35, 556Nm/410lbft & 361BHP/317WHP

This user has no status
    Thanks
    lmao if you actually noticed it was somebody else who pointed out about the high transmission loses first. I'm sorry that because your graph & its accuracy has been questioned you feel it to be useless

& sorry i didn't post quicker lol
    I don't give a flying toss what anyone thinks about 'my' graph, or anyone elses. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and if you want to say it's a load of old ££££££ then good for you. I genuinely don't care. I have my opinions on other peoples dyno plots, good and bad. But all you are trying to do is start an argument about dyno accuracy, specifically anything anyone from 'The big bad T5D5 black sheep forum' has to input, as usual.

All I can do is offer advice to a forum member who is after some, based on my own experiences. All I can say is the car was fast with a 16t, as fast on the road as car with the same spec and a 19t fitted. By how it went on the road, it must have been circa a genuine 300bhp.
    Factory White 855R : 2.5 Bottom End : Ported & Flowed Cylinder Head : TD04 19T Turbo
    VXR Injectors : ME7 Manifold : TWR Throttle Body : Blackbeast IC : AEM Progressive WI : Ferrita 3" Downpipe
    Milltek Cat-Back : BC BR Coilovers : IPD ARB : AP Racing Brakes : M56 & Gripper LSD

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to S70T5Chris For This Useful Post:

BruceT (Friday 20th August 2010),Jamest5r (Friday 20th August 2010),p fandango (Friday 20th August 2010)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by T4_Al View Post
    Regarding trans losses, how much would the losses be reduced by if a LSD was fitted?
    I have a quaife LSD fitted. If you want to lower the transmission losses, run the car on a single roller dyno! The dyno debate will go on forever!

If you want my advice mate, do the things that have been mentioned, TB, manifold, D/p etc etc, the car will be so much more responsive, fast, and fun to drive, thats a fact if it's done right. Don't get hung up on BHP figures. Whether it's 290bhp or 310bhp, it won't really make that much difference.

Thanks
    I don't give a flying toss what anyone thinks about 'my' graph, or anyone elses. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and if you want to say it's a load of old ££££££ then good for you. I genuinely don't care. I have my opinions on other peoples dyno plots, good and bad. But all you are trying to do is start an argument about dyno accuracy, specifically anything anyone from 'The big bad T5D5 black sheep forum' has to input, as usual.

All I can do is offer advice to a forum member who is after some, based on my own experiences. All I can say is the car was fast with a 16t, as fast on the road as car with the same spec and a 19t fitted. By how it went on the road, it must have been circa a genuine 300bhp.
    & thats all i was trying to do, myself (& others) in our opinion think the transmission losses are high

we both happy so i return to watching Top Gear now? lol

This user has no status
    Thanks
    & thats all i was trying to do, myself (& others) in our opinion think the transmission losses are high

we both happy so i return to watching Top Gear now? lol
    where's the fun in that?

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Real driving conditions? On a dyno? Just a bit of a contradiction there. The enclosed dyno cell at Powerstation is the best setup I've ever seen. So I think it's as close as you would get to road conditions compared to many cheaper dyno's/setup's. That's not to say it's anywhere near, at 150mph on the road with the bonnet up, it would be ripped off, so even with the fan they have it's no where near the airflow you would experience on the road. Another reason why mapping a car on a dyno isn't that good IMHO.
    Im just saying that with the big fan infront of the engine and the bonnet up it would rid alot of the hot engine temps quicker than if on a road with the bonnet down.
    Ive been to a fair few dynos and they all tend to keep the bonnet closed.
    This is just my opinon and not in anyway having ago at anyone or anyone's claims of power regardless of my opinoin of a certain member of T5D5

http://www.terrabear-newfoundlands.co.uk/
    You always come back to what you know !!!
    13.8@ 103mph fastest forum 850 in 2010 Running 286bhp(former owner)

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Rnash2002 For This Useful Post:

S70T5Chris (Friday 20th August 2010)

Beer Baron
    Nice to have some power again.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,466 Times in 1,996 Posts
    It won't make a difference to the power, but it will help it put the power down on the road, especially helping it to accelerate while cornering.

Thanks
    where's the fun in that?
    sorry but got more fun things going on beside the forums lol

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rnash2002 View Post
    Im just saying that with the big fan infront of the engine and the bonnet up it would rid alot of the hot engine temps quicker than if on a road with the bonnet down.
    Ive been to a fair few dynos and they all tend to keep the bonnet closed.
    This is just my opinon and not in anyway having ago at anyone or anyone's claims of power regardless of my opinoin of a certain member of T5D5
    I have never been on a dyno when the bonnet has been closed. And nearly every video you will ever see of dyno runs the bonnet is open.

Even with the bonnet open, there is nowhere near the amount of air flow in the engine bay that will get on the road. Of course when you're standing still the heat will build up in the engine bay, but not when your doing 150mph down a drag strip. Bonnet up or bonnet down on the dyno, I doubt it would make the slightest bit of difference.

This user has no status

Thanks
    I wont get involved in such things as T5D5 bashing, graphs and such like. I find both forums informative and if someone has taken the trouble to post thier graph up and explain to the lesser knowledgable of us then its much appreciated.

Now, on trans losses. I always thought it was normal to loose 30-40bhp through the drivetrain. Are we saying that the T5 looses more than normal through its trans than the usual percentage allowed for trans drag?

Blah Blah Blah!
    Thanks
    Now, on trans losses. I always thought it was normal to loose 30-40bhp through the drivetrain. Are we saying that the T5 looses more than normal through its trans than the usual percentage allowed for trans drag?
    Its a lot to do with the r/road roller types too, even tyre pressures can affect the percentage

OH DEAR
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,711 Times in 2,752 Posts

Very true and i do think its time WE all should get on and stop the bitching i dont know whats happened in the past and neather do i want to.
    There is very knoledgeable people on both websites and what good is it having the experiance and knoledge if we cannot help each other thats what these websites are surley set up for.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to t5 pete For This Useful Post:

Jamest5r (Friday 20th August 2010),leet5r (Friday 20th August 2010),Rnash2002 (Friday 20th August 2010),S70T5Chris (Friday 20th August 2010)

Blah Blah Blah!
    Thanks
    Well said Pete, we are all Volvo fans at the end of the day

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Volvostorm For This Useful Post:

Jamest5r (Friday 20th August 2010)

Beer Baron
    Nice to have some power again.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,466 Times in 1,996 Posts
    I'll give my opinion on dyno's, for what its worth. The problem is that there are so many variables, some dynos measure things differently, then theres things like air temp and humidity which can effect the result to a small degree, even when a group go to 1 dyno on the same day, things like aftermarket wheels and gearing can effect the results so may not give everybody a true result.
    IMO you it's difficult compare with other people, instead you should just use a dyno to measure your own progress ( which would mean using the same dyno every time your do some mods/adjustments to your car), that way you can tell what difference each modification is doing.
    I hope people understand what i'm trying to say, as i'm a little bit pi**ed.

OH DEAR
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,711 Times in 2,752 Posts
    the only time i will go on a dyno again is if i need one for when i get the 240 tuned and once that is done i very much doubt the 240 will go on again unless i alter things.
    The way i see it is if your happy with the way your car performes and how fast it is why do you need to take it to a dyno just to get a reading which i would say 95% breaks your balls as you was hoping for more and also there will always be a depate weather its correct or not.
    IMHO dynos are very good for tuning purposes but do not show a cars pontentionall on how it drives unlike a 1/4 mile or a race track or even just on the road.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to t5 pete For This Useful Post:

gmain1967 (Friday 20th August 2010),Jamest5r (Friday 20th August 2010)

Thread Information