Join Today
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: boost figures

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by brett craig View Post
    its not at the minute lol, waiting now for intercooler clamps and some proper hose joints, so at the minute it feels standard due to not passing 10psi,

it better bloody fly when ive replaced all these bits !
    I'm sure it will mate, well done for getting to the bottom of it!

Bailey dump valve + Boost gauge + Manual boost controller + K&N induction kit + Powerflow cat back exhaust + Strut Brace + Bilstein shock n sports springs with 40mm drop
    = very fast and still turns corners

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mightywolf For This Useful Post:

brett craig (Saturday 24th July 2010)

This user has no status

Thanks
    Apologies if i have got the wrong end of the stick, but if you took the car into HLM for remapping in the morning and then later on the same day you are posting that boost figures aren't right and car isn't boosting properly, surely HLM would be the place to contact if they supplied and fitted the map?

I would have thought taking the car to any garage for remapping would have prompted the garage to at least check to see if the car was in a fit state of tune before mapping? Your reports of boost leaks that you found in your pipes and the mention of ecu looking like it has been unfettled suggests to me that none of these checks were made. It also sounds like the car was never tested by the garage after the mapping either, otherwise the lack of performance would have surely been apparent?

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed. View Post
    Apologies if i have got the wrong end of the stick, but if you took the car into HLM for remapping in the morning and then later on the same day you are posting that boost figures aren't right and car isn't boosting properly, surely HLM would be the place to contact if they supplied and fitted the map?

I would have thought taking the car to any garage for remapping would have prompted the garage to at least check to see if the car was in a fit state of tune before mapping? Your reports of boost leaks that you found in your pipes and the mention of ecu looking like it has been unfettled suggests to me that none of these checks were made. It also sounds like the car was never tested by the garage after the mapping either, otherwise the lack of performance would have surely been apparent?

sorry but i didnt quite give all the facts and figures due to not wanting to post a long boring question,

the car never went to hlm, i just took the ecu due to the fact the T5 was in a hundred pieces, when the car was running lower boost figures the leaks were not so obvious. now that it can go above the standard 10psi it found all the weakspots, ive now sorted all the leaks and the car is certainly quicker but due to blowing hoses off i still cannot get full power, this will be sorted once the new clamps arrive.
    i did not contact hlm straight away as i wanted to cure all known faults before concluding the ecu was at fault, the actuator was set incorrect, plenty of hose leaks and various other faults.
    once all faults have been sorted i can pass judgement on the ecu map.

hope thats a little clearer mate.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Well the clamps arrived today, ive fitted these and sealed every leak on the car and............. max 11psi in 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th.

i have now run out of ideas, the system is sealed, the actuator is set at 4psi and all hoses are new, has anyone got anymore ideas before i ring hlm tomorrow ?

its almost as if the map is standard, but dont want to go down that road before ive made sure its not my ££££ up.

VPCUK Car of the Year 2013
    Jim
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,282 Times in 3,549 Posts
    Hows the car actually driving mate?, forget about the figures for a min.

T35, 556Nm/410lbft & 361BHP/317WHP

This user has no status
    Thanks
    car drives fine, no roughness, smooth to the redline, kicks in around the 3k mark, no smoke,noises or overheating.
    may have a slight exhaust leak after the thrash i gave it tonight but nothing out the ordinary.

Jim
    Thanks
    All i can suggest is the you put it on the r/r mate, only way to know for sure.

Not a lot of help i know, sorry but im out of ideas now.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    well i'm going back to basics with it now, after my holiday the rip kit is coming off, the recirc valves going back on, airbox and replace bcs.
    see where that takes me

Jim
    Thanks
    Ive got a spare recirc and bcs lying around somewhere if you want to try, im only a short hop down the a38 from you i think.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Jamest5r For This Useful Post:

brett craig (Tuesday 27th July 2010)

Whiny Old Git
    Aching bones :(
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,999 Times in 3,015 Posts
    Mine wouldn't boost past 10psi either, even with the actuator set right, i assume it was just a knackerd actuator, so i just kept winding it in a turn every couple of days, by the time I'd finished I was up to 17psi, with no problems.
    PIC][/SIGPIC]
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaa

Facebook^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Old T-5 Kompressor Thread^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ New TT-10 Kompressor Thread

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to claymore For This Useful Post:

brett craig (Tuesday 27th July 2010),Jamest5r (Tuesday 27th July 2010)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    thanks very much for the offer mate but ive already got both items enroute lol, my recircs still in my garage, my options left as far as i can see it are.

weak actuator
    faulty bcs
    leak in the rip somewhere
    cone filter not flowing enough air
    leak around the recirc blank plate

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    Mine wouldn't boost past 10psi either, even with the actuator set right, i assume it was just a knackerd actuator, so i just kept winding it in a turn every couple of days, by the time I'd finished I was up to 17psi, with no problems.

this was a option i looked at but didnt want to overload the engine, would the map still control the amount the actuator opened, thus not putting to much torque in to early ?

Whiny Old Git
    Thanks
    I use an mbc with mine aswell.
    PIC][/SIGPIC]

Facebook^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Old T-5 Kompressor Thread^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ New TT-10 Kompressor Thread

This user has no status
    Thanks
    in that case the map should be fine with a few actuator adjustments then

This user has no status
    Thanks
    well ive put 1 full turn on the actuator tonight, i shall see what effect it has on the way to work tomorrow.
    out of interest what increase should 1 full turn give ? so i can gauge if i am going in the right direction

Trader
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Brett

It could be a number of issues.....what fuel are you using, there could be problems with your maff, bcs - really a number of things. If you can spare the time its best to bring it over to us. A full smoke test is a must and a dyno would also help.

Ring me or Hamish tomorrow, he will be working tomorrow afternoon as Marcus is learning to sail in the morning.

Nat

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Nathlm For This Useful Post:

Whiny Old Git
    Thanks
    I think I used about 4 full turns to get my boost up, I ran the car like that for a couple of months, then replaced the actuator with a good one, but it should tell you if that's where your problem is.
    PIC][/SIGPIC]

22. The Following User Says Thank You to claymore For This Useful Post:

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathlm View Post
    Brett

It could be a number of issues.....what fuel are you using, there could be problems with your maff, bcs - really a number of things. If you can spare the time its best to bring it over to us. A full smoke test is a must and a dyno would also help.

Ring me or Hamish tomorrow, he will be working tomorrow afternoon as Marcus is learning to sail in the morning.

Nat
    thanks for the reply nat, i only run v-power. ive got a spare bcs, and i'll try the standard pipework before i pop it over. Grateful of the offer but i'll make sure ive covered all my possible cockups before i do lol.

i'm on holiday from friday so if i have no luck then i'll ring and pop over when i get back.

cheers again

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    I think I used about 4 full turns to get my boost up, I ran the car like that for a couple of months, then replaced the actuator with a good one, but it should tell you if that's where your problem is.
    i would assume that 1 turn would take me to 12-13psi then gauging from your result.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,783 Times in 1,506 Posts
    the rip kit should not effect your boost mate if i was you get a smoke test done if you think its your bcs then try a mbc and if its your actuator it will not boost anymore with the mbc or bcs.best thing to do is take it to hlm and get full checkup and if it is the map hamish can sort that on site for you mate

26. The Following User Says Thank You to smithy For This Useful Post:

brett craig (Wednesday 28th July 2010)

Thread Information