Join Today
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cragmaz View Post
    and can custom live map any vehicle to your specific requirements.

craig
    "Any" vehicle? Interesting, I've not found anyone who can map the V12 yet so maybe he is worth chatting to

Really pleased you're happy with the results!!

Suspended
    This user has no status

In the Scottish boonies,at the bottom of a pint tumbler..
    Thanks

Talking

Have seen mention of re-maps for n/a vehicles but results are limited and cost is high. Think your V12 is probably more than adequate........300bhp?

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanG View Post
    Have seen mention of re-maps for n/a vehicles but results are limited and cost is high. Think your V12 is probably more than adequate........300bhp?
    A little over No such thing as adequate power lol

Suspended
    This user has no status

Thanks

Talking

Enough is never enough

This user has no status

Thanks
    Its not so much the BHP that I'd like to add to but the torque (thats where the real power is anyway ) A map must be able to take the old girl over the 500nm marker - now THAT would be fun!

OH DEAR
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,711 Times in 2,752 Posts
    not meaning to sound funny, but it dint!, no where near!, HLM 304 should deliver about 270 ish at the fly, and lee`s was 257, what dont you understand???? (not being funny, but you seem to be missin the point)

Craig
    whats with the comment (what dont you understand) i only pointed out what figures we were given to us.
    When did i say i didnt understand any thing you gave your dyno a good rite up and explaind what can happen with other dyno machines and thats it i didnt reply with i dont understand and also what point am i missing???????
    Pete

Trader
    No Longer a trader.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,222 Times in 1,791 Posts
    Tbh Pete, I think Craig has a good point, there was plenty discussion on the day about the transmission losses. Mine made a max of 275 bhp at the flywheel at Awesome's and only lost about 10Bhp through the transmission, yet at HLM's it lost more than 20bhp so which is correct?.
    http://www.airbrushartists.org/Gal72..._s_Gallery.asp

Currently rocking Volvo's finest V70R 2WD Manual

Previous cars:
    1996 855 T5 (Ex Police),1996 854 T5,1996 855 T5,1995 855 Black T-5R,1996 960,1997 855 R

Suspended
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Children!!!!!!!!

OH DEAR
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomcat View Post
    Tbh Pete, I think Craig has a good point, there was plenty discussion on the day about the transmission losses. Mine made a max of 275 bhp at the flywheel at Awesome's and only lost about 10Bhp through the transmission, yet at HLM's it lost more than 20bhp so which is correct?.
    Im not doubting he hasnt got a good point nor have i said that, have i.
    My question was whats with the comments he came out with when he replyed to me.

OH DEAR
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanG View Post
    Children!!!!!!!!
    Dont you start

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by t5 pete View Post
    Dont you start

dyno dynamics machines cannot and do not measure transmission losses, as the d.d. salesman said, "its just a guess"!!!!, the maha measure losses as accuratly as can be.and the dyno was calibrated by a bunch of german scientists when it was fitted in jan.
    so make your own mind up who, or what machine you trust, not being funny at all, just standing my corner, hope you understand, this is my bro in law and this dyno cost over 100k, a d.d. machine could have been had for 70k, but we knocked it back on the basis that it was not accurate enough, so draw your own conclusion as we did.

Craig
    My awesome 855 Gone but never forgotton.

currently cruising (Hmmmm) in my S.60 2.0T, with mild mods, and a RICA remap. very niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice

OH DEAR
    Thanks
    dyno dynamics machines cannot and do not measure transmission losses, as the d.d. salesman said, "its just a guess"!!!!, the maha measure losses as accuratly as can be.and the dyno was calibrated by a bunch of german scientists when it was fitted in jan.
    so make your own mind up who, or what machine you trust, not being funny at all, just standing my corner, hope you understand, this is my bro in law and this dyno cost over 100k, a d.d. machine could have been had for 70k, but we knocked it back on the basis that it was not accurate enough, so draw your own conclusion as we did.

Craig
    I never said any thing about whos is right and whos is wrong i understand you will fight your corner but there is no need to.
    You explained to me the difference in dyno machines and that is fine im sure yours is a much better machine as to the detail you had to go in on another thread.
    The only thing i picked up on was the comments you came out with when you replyed to me which i though was rather uncalled for and sharp.
    At the end of the day i asked you a question didnt i and you responed to me with a very good explanition thats it.
    I know **** all about dyno machines and would never slate one, i just said your transmition losses looked rather big compaired to other ones ive seen and now you have explained i know why.

Thankyou pete

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by t5 pete View Post
    I never said any thing about whos is right and whos is wrong i understand you will fight your corner but there is no need to.
    You explained to me the difference in dyno machines and that is fine im sure yours is a much better machine as to the detail you had to go in on another thread.
    The only thing i picked up on was the comments you came out with when you replyed to me which i though was rather uncalled for and sharp.
    At the end of the day i asked you a question didnt i and you responed to me with a very good explanition thats it.
    I know **** all about dyno machines and would never slate one, i just said your transmition losses looked rather big compaired to other ones ive seen and now you have explained i know why.

Thankyou pete

sorry if i sounded off hand, never meant to, the last thing i wanna do is fall out with a fellow volvo owner.

c

currently cruising (Hmmmm) in my S.60 2.0T, with mild mods, and a RICA remap. very niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice

14. The Following User Says Thank You to cragmaz For This Useful Post:

t5 pete (Saturday 16th May 2009)

OH DEAR
    Thanks
    sorry if i sounded off hand, never meant to, the last thing i wanna do is fall out with a fellow volvo owner.

c
    I think we just got wires crossed thats all, we all come here to help and learn new things which i have done today with your explanition on the dyno machines and how inaccurate some of them are.

Thankyou pete

16. The Following User Says Thank You to t5 pete For This Useful Post:

cragmaz (Saturday 16th May 2009)

Trader
    No Longer a trader.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,222 Times in 1,791 Posts
    AWww...
    http://www.airbrushartists.org/Gal72..._s_Gallery.asp

Currently rocking Volvo's finest V70R 2WD Manual

Previous cars:
    1996 855 T5 (Ex Police),1996 854 T5,1996 855 T5,1995 855 Black T-5R,1996 960,1997 855 R

OH DEAR
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomcat View Post
    AWww...
    You mite have it that way but im sure we would rather it be

Im going to have to lay off them wine gums

This user has no status
    Thanks
    ive always trusted dastek rollers for all my previous cars, havent had the volvo done but this year hopefully get it done down at dalgety bay
    had a live mapping session done on my mondeo V6 and got some pretty good torque shifted further down the rev range, also my M3 was kicking out bang on std power or beit 1bhp more than std

This user has no status

Thanks
    to be honest id be a bit dissapointed with those figures, the torque is really down IMO

if your happy than thats the main thing but i think you should be making more boost to get the most from the 19t and injectors.

a few years back a chap called lance off here with a lesser spec to yours, no 3" d/pipe or bigger intercooler made 280bhp at the wheels at just over 1 bar of boost and it was well over 300ft/lb of torque!

i know all cars are different and so are different RR regarding results but even so...

Quote Originally Posted by lance View Post
    Well my stage 2 is now complete and well worth the wait!

Words strugle to describe the transformation.

280.37 wheel HP max torque 429.07 NM @ boost 1.14 all the way! WELL over 300 at the fly wheel.

My old turbo was struggling to make 230 whp so a massive gain and much smoother linear delivery.

Ohh and for those that dont know my car has covered 160K

I Love my car all over again!
    Last edited by bonelorry; Saturday 16th May 2009 at 11:08.

This user has no status

Thanks

Craig
    2 questions, if I may?

Firstly, how does this machine "calculate" the losses in the transmission? As far as I'm aware (unless someone knows otherwise), the only way to get an accurate flywheel figure is to remove the engine from the car and run it on a bench dyno.

Secondly, the calibration process, what was it calibrated against? There is no body responsible for calibrating these machines, there is no certification system in place for their accuracy. As you said "mad German scientists" I assume that the calibration was carried out by Maha themselves with no external form of verification?

And before anyone starts with the "this machine is better than there machine" antics, trying to compare dyno figures from one machine to another is a pointless exercise. The best use for a dyno IMO is obtaining an AFR/Boost plot and for comparison runs on the same car before and after modifications.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cgrextreme View Post
    to be honest id be a bit dissapointed with those figures, the torque is really down IMO

if your happy than thats the main thing but i think you should be making more boost to get the most from the 19t and injectors.

a few years back a chap called lance off here with a lesser spec to yours, no 3" d/pipe or bigger intercooler made 280bhp at the wheels at just over 1 bar of boost and it was well over 300ft/lb of torque!

i know all cars are different and so are different RR regarding results but even so...
    Fair point buddy, but i have been "burnt" before with high boost and big torque , resulting in bent rods and a new engine, so i am well pleased with the results i have, and knowing that its safe and well within the limits of the engine.

Craig

23. The Following User Says Thank You to cragmaz For This Useful Post:

bonelorry (Saturday 16th May 2009)

Thread Information