Join Today
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrsmopp View Post

It's time to give it a rest, I have absolutely no issues with simply deleting accounts who persistantly break the rules or are deemed as deliberately stirring. Your welcome to take offence to this and if you do then I suggest you log out.

x
    As per my statement earlier in this thread Tony has been removed for refusing to answer direct questions, for continually de-railing the topic and making stuff up

Anyone who has a problem with this please feel free to PM me I'd be delighted to hear from you lol

x

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mrsmopp For This Useful Post:

BigV (Sunday 26th October 2008),cameron (Saturday 25th October 2008),hamish (Saturday 25th October 2008),Jimmie (Saturday 25th October 2008),pangster (Sunday 26th October 2008),pault5 (Saturday 25th October 2008)

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mitsy View Post
    Moppy my dear sweetheart the reason I asked Hamish about Adams car was to verify what MOD's he had carried out but in around about way he hasn't answered the question

But as usual side swiped the question to Adam

If Hamish would be so kind to state what engine MOD's where carried out on Adam's car as Im very interested to find out due to me buying the very engine and gearbox to which belonged to Adams old car

But Hamish will no doubt deny all knowledge

As for the goalpost my lovely this is how I play my game's
    Tony,

I last saw that car nearly 5 years ago! Yes 5 years. I don't think I am in any position to advise you as to the condition that engine is in today. I can confirm that 5 years ago my former business partner Adam Weber had a standard replacement (second hand) engine in his 850R when he sold it to Murphy's mate. This transaction was nothing to do with myself or any of my companies as it was Adam's private car.

I trust this helps you. Please note Tony that I am answering the question as directly and truefully as is possible.

Best Regards,
    Hamish.

This user has no status

Thanks
    I thought all garages had a disclaimer that you signed before any work was done?.
    How many people have had something repaired only for it to break down with another fault and you have to pay again.Answer many.

This user has no status
    Thanks

Talking

As per my statement earlier in this thread Tony has been removed for refusing to answer direct questions, for continually de-railing the topic and making stuff up

Anyone who has a problem with this please feel free to PM me I'd be delighted to hear from you lol

x

Beware a new user going by the name of 'plonker' has just joined the forum.
    Using a proxy serving thingy.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pault5 For This Useful Post:

BigV (Sunday 26th October 2008),hamish (Saturday 25th October 2008)

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pault5 View Post
    Oh don't that's made my ribs hurt, and I think I weed as well!!!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to hamish For This Useful Post:

pault5 (Saturday 25th October 2008)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hamish View Post
    Oh don't that's made my ribs hurt, and I think I weed as well!!!!

ha ha

This user has no status

Thanks

x
    lol! - I must have ran out of 'thanks' for today or something.. unfortunately, it's only a matter of time before he'll be back.. which is pretty funny when you think about it.. one of the VPC's biggest critics and he's addicted to it! ROFL!!!

But to be fair, given the best thread on T5D5 of late is a discussion between Ben (Lord B/cookie) and Ella (Mrs Goggins) over who is going to make the coffee - you can kind of understand why!! lol!

1998 BMW Z3 2.8 Roadster

This user has no status

Thanks
    lol!!...

1998 BMW Z3 2.8 Roadster

This user has no status
    Thanks

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by pangster View Post
    lol! - I must have ran out of 'thanks' for today or something.. unfortunately, it's only a matter of time before he'll be back.. which is pretty funny when you think about it.. one of the VPC's biggest critics and he's addicted to it! ROFL!!!

But to be fair, given the best thread on T5D5 of late is a discussion between Ben (Lord B/cookie) and Ella (Mrs Goggins) over who is going to make the coffee - you can kind of understand why!! lol!
    I tend to agree with you.
    I find that the same people post, hardly any one different, and if your car is not tuned/worked on by 1 or 2 people that are treated almost godlike, your car is frowned upon.
    That is just my angle on it.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pault5 For This Useful Post:

pangster (Sunday 26th October 2008),S60-MBS (Saturday 25th October 2008)

This user has no status

Thanks
    My 304 from VT I had quite a few years ago was good. When I had my 19T, 3 inch downpipe and custom map from them it was even better. That was over two and a half years ago and never missed a beat. bahbah
    Heres a boring dyno run, not done at HLM.

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/attachme...0&d=1219261909
    Paul,

Thanks for putting that up. Unsuprisingly it shows that the car is running with the correct AFR (12:1) at 5000RPM during WOT it is also recording it's highest boost pressure at this point. That is why the car has produced good power reliably for the last 2.5 years.
    FYI Chris' S70 was running an AFR of 12:1 from a lot lower in the rev range. I also have dyno sheets showing this. A T5 running at AFR 12:1 under these conditions is not going to melt pistons, unless of course something else is wrong. So that really puts 1.5 years of speculation and theories in the bin with regards fuelling and poor mapping. Also please be aware that if you run as low as 8:1 the mixture will be so rich that it will be INCOMBUSTABLE. So to the people that think 10:1 is an ideal: your engine is running very inefficiently for no reason.

Regards,
    Hamish.
    Last edited by hamish; Saturday 25th October 2008 at 23:37. Reason: punktuation!::;;,.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to hamish For This Useful Post:

Loadsamiles (Sunday 7th December 2008)

Gizza job!
    Thanks
    As posted earlier in this thread, the attached plot shows my dyno results following an ecu upgrade from HLM.

Mine all seems to come together at around 4500rpm. Looks (and drives) ok

PS you don't have my old (standard) ecu still there do you Hamish

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Yosser For This Useful Post:

BigV (Sunday 26th October 2008),pangster (Sunday 26th October 2008)

This user has no status

Thanks
    I tend to agree with you.
    I find that the same people post, hardly any one different, and if your car is not tuned/worked on by 1 or 2 people that are treated almost godlike, your car is frowned upon.
    That is just my angle on it.
    I dont think so paul, you and i have crossed posts many times and our cars in RT's workshop...however good my 19T was running with the custom ?? rica it is now miles better with an...other remap..so hamish has got his foot in the door..good luck it was only a matter of time, you'll need it lol.. i'm not going to say i had any problems with the rica but the 'other map' is better.. so to summarise I HAVE USED RICA AND ANOTHER ECU MAP AND THE OTHER WAS/IS BETTER..the aftermarket service is also much better as your not told to basicaly f**k off when things go wrong, which i hav'nt had the misfortune of suffering from..only having a very good friend phoning me from the roadside with a shagged motor only 2 hrs after having parted with £3.5K ..make of my post what you will but this whole arguement is only realy to save people losing money and being treated badly..in all fairness T5D5 could be called the Hamish refugee site as most have found out first hand how hamish works and aren't happy, also realise all these people are LONG standing members in the volvo community which makes them/us feel the need to help the newbies ...

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to volvolised For This Useful Post:

El Diablo (Sunday 26th October 2008),pault5 (Sunday 26th October 2008)

Suspended
    This user has no status

Thanks
    could you elaberate to me, as a newb as to what the "other map" was, maybe pm me?

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by volvolised
    in all fairness T5D5 could be called the Hamish refugee site as most have found out first hand how hamish works and aren't happy, also realise all these people are LONG standing members in the volvo community which makes them/us feel the need to help the newbies ...
    *yawn* - so did any problems have anything whatsoever to do with off the shelf remaps? which is what is being discussed in this thread???.. I didn't think so..

1998 BMW Z3 2.8 Roadster

22. The Following User Says Thank You to pangster For This Useful Post:

volvolised (Sunday 26th October 2008)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Yosser View Post
    As posted earlier in this thread, the attached plot shows my dyno results following an ecu upgrade from HLM.

Mine all seems to come together at around 4500rpm. Looks (and drives) ok

PS you don't have my old (standard) ecu still there do you Hamish

was that a 285 or 305?

any other mods prior to the upgrade?

thanks in advance

Gizza job!
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by y2blade View Post
    was that a 285 or 305?

any other mods prior to the upgrade?

thanks in advance

It was the 304

No 'real' mods; panel filter, stage '0', injectors cleaned, running on V-power

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by volvolised View Post
    I dont think so paul, you and i have crossed posts many times and our cars in RT's workshop...however good my 19T was running with the custom ?? rica it is now miles better with an...other remap..so hamish has got his foot in the door..good luck it was only a matter of time, you'll need it lol.. i'm not going to say i had any problems with the rica but the 'other map' is better.. so to summarise I HAVE USED RICA AND ANOTHER ECU MAP AND THE OTHER WAS/IS BETTER..the aftermarket service is also much better as your not told to basicaly f**k off when things go wrong, which i hav'nt had the misfortune of suffering from..only having a very good friend phoning me from the roadside with a shagged motor only 2 hrs after having parted with £3.5K ..make of my post what you will but this whole arguement is only realy to save people losing money and being treated badly..in all fairness T5D5 could be called the Hamish refugee site as most have found out first hand how hamish works and aren't happy, also realise all these people are LONG standing members in the volvo community which makes them/us feel the need to help the newbies ...
    Hello Volvised,

FYI we are NOT buying any new tunes of Rica and haven't been for a year now. The only Rica tunes I would still use a very tried and tested. It is common knowledge that standard remaps are little different from tuner to tuner. Your mates car you are refering to was remapped by Rica/Adam Weber a for Director of Chip Tuning (which has ceased trading). The only part I had in the tuning of that car was to fit the turbo, exhaust etc. all work that was carried out to a high standard. I also helped operate the dyno when the car was being mapped. I am fairly sure that Adam's emulator wasn't working when he remapped that car (it got damaged in a dyno fire caused by some 'plonker' making his oil pipe out of heater hose!!) so he had to keep removing the chip each time he made a change. I was led to believe that Roel van der Brink was checking his work. I most certainly did not tell your mate to 'F O'. However his father did refer to me as a 'F in C' at the side of the road. HLM and Chip Tuning took/take great lengths to explain to all their customers that we cannot be responsible for the failure of elderly engines however soon after tuning. I didn't see Rica or Adam digging into their pockets to help. I offered to look at the car initially however your mate seemed to think that we should offer a 24 hr nationwide recovery service with every custom map, so the car stayed on the South Coast. This whole episode and the lack of support I recieved from my business partners made me think very seriously about my business arrangements with Rica and Adam. 6 months later we ceased dealings with Rica and Adam resigned. I would like to state at this point that Adam and Roel closed ranks on the details of that map and neither was prepared to give any explanation or financial input with regard the demise of that engine.
    My observation is still that surely if an adult approaches you and asks your company to fit a big turbo to his car he is aware that when driven hard it might well have a detrimental effect on the longevity of his 100,000 mile engine and is prepared to accept most of the risk.
    Please stop stating that either myself or my own company mapped your mates car it is incorrect.
    I have taken on board the events of March 2007 and made changes to ensure as best as I can that it will never happen again. I have always tried to offer good service I am however not prepared to be abused or taken advantage of.
    With regard to all those refugees on T5D5 how many of them have got first hand experience of me and my company HLM remapping their cars and then it blowing up as a result in the last year and a half since it's inception? (I'll give you a clue....it's less than 1).
    I am certain that the map on your mates car was a reasonable job however to ensure their is no chance of a repeat please accept my assuraces that Chip Tuning Ltd has ceased, and we have deleted Rica.
    Also remember that when I started in the Volvo Tuning world the only option prior to our arrival was a bloke in North London selling Dump Valves and Chinese Strut Braces who also swore blind that ECU Upgrades didn't work!!!! I think we have all thankfully moved on from that and the choice is now endless.

Best Regards,
    Hamish.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hamish For This Useful Post:

BigV (Sunday 26th October 2008),pangster (Sunday 26th October 2008)

This user has no status

Thanks
    Correct me if im wrong but when you tune an engine (or anything else)there is alwaysthe risk of things going wrong that is outwith the installers control?.
    If you want a remap just go for it as there is always a risk,just remember that if Hamish or any of the other tuners were no good they would soon be out of business

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Jimmie For This Useful Post:

hamish (Sunday 26th October 2008)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie View Post
    Correct me if im wrong but when you tune an engine (or anything else)there is alwaysthe risk of things going wrong that is outwith the installers control?.
    no no no no....... there is no risk at all as long as you get your car tuned by the lastest flavour of the month.............. however if you get the same work done anywhere else you are DOOMED.
    854 T5 Auto.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BigV For This Useful Post:

hamish (Sunday 26th October 2008),pangster (Sunday 26th October 2008)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,841 Times in 1,058 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hamish View Post
    Hello Volvised,

FYI we are NOT buying any new tunes of Rica and haven't been for a year now. The only Rica tunes I would still use a very tried and tested. It is common knowledge that standard remaps are little different from tuner to tuner. Your mates car you are refering to was remapped by Rica/Adam Weber a for Director of Chip Tuning (which has ceased trading). The only part I had in the tuning of that car was to fit the turbo, exhaust etc. all work that was carried out to a high standard. I also helped operate the dyno when the car was being mapped. I am fairly sure that Adam's emulator wasn't working when he remapped that car (it got damaged in a dyno fire caused by some 'plonker' making his oil pipe out of heater hose!!) so he had to keep removing the chip each time he made a change. I was led to believe that Roel van der Brink was checking his work. I most certainly did not tell your mate to 'F O'. However his father did refer to me as a 'F in C' at the side of the road. HLM and Chip Tuning took/take great lengths to explain to all their customers that we cannot be responsible for the failure of elderly engines however soon after tuning. I didn't see Rica or Adam digging into their pockets to help. I offered to look at the car initially however your mate seemed to think that we should offer a 24 hr nationwide recovery service with every custom map, so the car stayed on the South Coast. This whole episode and the lack of support I recieved from my business partners made me think very seriously about my business arrangements with Rica and Adam. 6 months later we ceased dealings with Rica and Adam resigned. I would like to state at this point that Adam and Roel closed ranks on the details of that map and neither was prepared to give any explanation or financial input with regard the demise of that engine.
    My observation is still that surely if an adult approaches you and asks your company to fit a big turbo to his car he is aware that when driven hard it might well have a detrimental effect on the longevity of his 100,000 mile engine and is prepared to accept most of the risk.
    Please stop stating that either myself or my own company mapped your mates car it is incorrect.
    I have taken on board the events of March 2007 and made changes to ensure as best as I can that it will never happen again. I have always tried to offer good service I am however not prepared to be abused or taken advantage of.
    With regard to all those refugees on T5D5 how many of them have got first hand experience of me and my company HLM remapping their cars and then it blowing up as a result in the last year and a half since it's inception? (I'll give you a clue....it's less than 1).
    I am certain that the map on your mates car was a reasonable job however to ensure their is no chance of a repeat please accept my assuraces that Chip Tuning Ltd has ceased, and we have deleted Rica.
    Also remember that when I started in the Volvo Tuning world the only option prior to our arrival was a bloke in North London selling Dump Valves and Chinese Strut Braces who also swore blind that ECU Upgrades didn't work!!!! I think we have all thankfully moved on from that and the choice is now endless.

Best Regards,
    Hamish.

Hamish

You can try and twist the story how you like to try and make yourself look and feel better. But the fact is after taking my money, and 3hrs later my car self destructing, you ignored me. That is the simple fact. Until that point, you were the guy who I trusted with the car, you were the guy who I thought knew his stuff, and you were the guy who in a crisis (for example, melting a piston in my engine!) I would turn to to help sort it out. But obvisouly spending in excess of £6000 with you and your company over a 3 year period doesn't entitle me to that sort of customer service. I would like to know how you could justify that treatment of me, a loyal customer, someone who has spent A LOT of money with you?

No you didnt tell me the words "F - Off", but that is what you insinuated. And as for you saying my old man called you a "F in C", that is a complete and utter fabrication, and i'm going to overlook it. You don't want to drag my father into it.

Also just to clarify, I DIDN'T come to you asking to bolt a big turbo on my car. ADAM approached ME on the forum and said it would be a good option, then through speaking with both him and you on the phone, after hearing all the great amazing things that you would offer with this "upgrade", that's what I decided to go with.

It's easy for you to blame Adam now he's out of the picture and Chip Tuning Ltd have ceased trading! Handy. But when it all went wrong, Adam was the only person who spoke to me, then you took it upon yourself to deal with the situation, very well I might add, by ignoring me.

You say that your sure the map was reasonable, but then imply otherwise staing that by stating that Adam and Rica "closed ranks on the deatils of the map".

There's so much I could drag up, so many unanswered question, and so many lies I was told, mostly by yourself, but Adam also.

I would just like to know, what actions you would take if you mapped someones car, and a couple hours later they ring you from the road side with a knackered engine?

By the way, I have to ask. What was the deal with the comments about the loan car? Don't you think that was a bit childish?!

Anyway, just write me a cheque, pop it in the post and we'll never mention it again!

Best regards
    Chris Greenfield.

Thread Information