Well what a weekend that was, what with the first shake down run ending with a lift home on a recovery truck when we lost the clutch hydraulics, bled it all through again and test run ok. We set out for shakey the Saturday morning to set up camp and possibly get a couple of test runs in before the rest turn up to run on sunday. Unfortunately the clutch was still causing issues and was gone by Shrewsbury so we made an emergency pitstop at Claymore's. Another big thanks to Colin for his help and the donation of some clutch fluid and we were on the way again, only to lose the clutch twice more, the final time we tried another old bleeding method and final had something lasting ( never know so much air to be trapped in the system.

We got to Shakey set up camp but were too late to get a run that afternoon, so had a beer and food and waited for the morning. Front of the que and awaiting the rain to stop so we can run. The first 2 runs showed great promise but were let down by my driving and not being use to the new grip and change points as the car is way different on the strip now, the 3rd seem to have a boost issue and the forth ripped the exhaust downpipe apart, end of racing and a noisy, if somewhat thirsty run home but she got us home with no need for a recovery this time.

Here's the broken bits

and the temporary repair

I'm considering fitting a compensator to eliminate this happening again, but the stainless one I'm looking at is only available in 3" so will have to be sleeved down, but will be reuseable when I build myself a 3" system