Join Today

Threaded View

OH DEAR
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,711 Times in 2,752 Posts

Donnas new motor

Went to meet Jamsey today to collect the s70r as usual it was great to catch up again.
    Onto the car

Tbh I really feel sorry for James as this certainly isn't true to its original description and he bought it in good faith.
    To start off its needs a fair bit of cosmetic work doing with both front and rear bumpers needing a lick of paint the passenger side wing need re fixing at the bottom and it also needs a new spoiler as it hasn't got one.
    I also noticed the bulbs are either out or have been taken out for the abs system and tracs system also the service light aswell

And here's a quick list of what needs doing up to now
    The car is currently in limp mode as it will not rev past 3k and with no turbo response what so ever (very long drive home).
    The braking system needs a major over haul along with the abs sorting.
    one wheel is badly damaged.
    the passenger seat electric's do not work and is currently in the most awaked laid back position.
    Front suspension needs inspection.
    Door Check straps broken.
    both front door speakers and dash top speaker not working.
    Both front door window motors very weak.
    Front passenger wheel bearing is shot.
    Bad knocking from front end.
    New power steering pump needed.
    need to try and repair remote fobs currently broken.
    New bulbs for speedo warnings.
    Tracking needs aligning.
    one new wheel.
    new rear spoiler.
    And that's with out giving it a look over in the garage I may have time on sunday to get it on the lift and give it a good going over.

One thing I must say James has been fantastic he was extremely honest and has been a true gent.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to t5 pete For This Useful Post:

craigoodwood (Saturday 16th May 2015),Doingitsideways (Sunday 17th May 2015),Jamest5r (Friday 15th May 2015),jamesy12345 (Friday 15th May 2015)

Thread Information