Join Today

Threaded View

All the ladies love it
    sideways!
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,955 Times in 1,332 Posts

S90, maybe T6 at some point

As I'm ill and can't help myself, when I was offered an S90 I couldn't really say no!

So today, I took delivery of a '97 3.0 auto in various shades of green.

The seller very kindly drove it all the way from Portsmouth to Manchester for me and after washing all the salt off looked like this:

Long term plans are to maybe slot a T6 engine between the struts, but for now I have a bit of a to do list.
    From an hour poking at things this afternoon, I have:

Seems to be running on 5 cylinders, hopefully just a lazy coil pack or two.
    Rad fan doesn't work.
    Overheated ATF, hopefully just a change of fluid.
    Many suspension bushes.
    Strut top mounts.
    A few bits of interior trim, airvents/surround, speaker grille etc.
    Front seats are very tired and driver's seat has started to tear, also won't move down properly.
    Replace indicator stalk (came with car)
    Sunroof only tilts.
    Headlining sagging behind sunroof.
    Elec aerial doesn't work.
    Replace cracked headlight (came with car)
    Repaint mismatched front wing, also paint front/rear bumper, driver's door, boot, bonnet... Someone's gone around the car with the mismatched rattlecan and painted a bit on each panel... Why... Just why??!!

That should keep me out of the pub for a while!

I think I'm going to do the Screwball rally in it later in the year, then take it off the road for hopefully the T6 conversion.

For now though, here's a couple of pics from when it met a couple of the others at Sideways Towers:

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Doingitsideways For This Useful Post:

Harvey (Tuesday 23rd February 2016),Jamest5r (Wednesday 24th February 2016),jamesy12345 (Tuesday 23rd February 2016),Kizzer (Wednesday 24th February 2016),kmb (Tuesday 23rd February 2016),t5 pete (Tuesday 23rd February 2016),The Flying Moose (Tuesday 23rd February 2016)

Thread Information