Join Today

Thread: The Replika.

Threaded View

Meh.....
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,118 Posts

Cool The Replika.

So the story go's I was looking for my second volvo after spending an age & fortune on my first 300,000 mile v70r.
    With my family increasing it made sense to get another now I knew the score & had a fountain of knowledge amongst the forum & the good friends I've met online.
    I saw this car advertised on eBay a while back for £2500 & watched it steadily come down in price. When it came on eBay as an auction I had cash waiting but only if it went for the right price. I made contact with the owner & managed to get a brief history off him. The same time I asked on the forum & cheers to chris for pointing me in the right direction as to it's history with IC on voc. the car had been owned by him for 12 years & had undergone a nice few modifications for fast road use. Ian wanted a red v70r but obviously volvo never made one. It has R 302 discs with ferrodo pads, braided hoses, pro sport budget coilovers, ferrita 3" down pipe, race cat & ferrita 2.5"cat back. It also has a polymount top mount & the small matter of an mte remap.
    The auction ended & I wasn't the winner but I contacted the owner & said any messing give me a call. 3 weeks passed & I heard nothing, I even arranged a viewing with Wayne (judge ninja) to see his t4.
    At last the owner contacted me & thanks to Morgan (shinsplintz101) viewing the car for me a price was agreed. I had to wait over a week due to work commitments but last Sunday my mum & dad picked me up for the 350 mile round trip.
    Here are some pics how she sits today at my caravan. With a heavily pregnant wife I'm limited to going far so intend to do a few mods & a "detail". Been a long time since I went mental with the polish & wax. Lol
    Anyway, here's the pics....

missing being Swedish

Previously:
    03 S40 Sport Lux 1.9d SOLD
    1998 MTE Stage 2 V70 T5 Manual SOLD
    1998 V70R AWD Manual BROKEN

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Biff For This Useful Post:

craigoodwood (Friday 12th September 2014),Jamest5r (Friday 12th September 2014),jamesy12345 (Friday 12th September 2014),Nealevo (Saturday 13th September 2014)

Thread Information