Join Today

Threaded View

Still more fettling needed,
    will it never end?
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,587 Times in 3,404 Posts
    The car was done yesterday, but didn't want to post until I'd given it a proper run. It's running fine again now, the spark plug hole was enlarged, rethreaded, and an insert fitted. Had a bit of a moment after I'd put it all back together as it still had a misfire on the same cylinder (5), but I'd swapped HT leads on 4 (got taken out by the wayward plug) and 5 (thought it might have been damaged by the plug detaching itself so quickly from it) for the old ones I took off last year, turns out the old HT on 5 was dead, as when I refitted the plug lead for 5 that had been on there it ran fine. Checked the tightness of the other plugs, all took a little nip more to get them tight, apart from cylinder 1 which took 2 turns!!!!! Now, I've fitted plugs more times than I can remember, so either I wasn't paying attention when I did it (it was done at the mini fix meet her for Graham's brakes and there was plenty of banter flying around) or I need to do them up tighter on a turbo engine. Anyway now my spark plug covers smashed to bits, and in the bin, I will be keeping a close eye on them, still got to get a new spark plug to replace the one that parted company with the engine, as I nicked one off the cabbie, and it's a NGK Platinum, whereas the others are Iridium.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to stribo For This Useful Post:

Harvey (Thursday 1st May 2014)

Thread Information