Join Today
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    All the ladies love it
    sideways!
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,955 Times in 1,332 Posts
    What's the difference between a 900 and a 901??

(Don't say one's got bits missing!)

The Volvo with a 'twist'!
    Thanks
    Not a lot at all.

901 is a bit faster loading discs and you can change the Dolby mode on the radio, cd and tape wereas the 900 you can only enjoy the Dolby features on cd and tape. That's it!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to AcidicDavey For This Useful Post:

jamesy12345 (Friday 11th September 2015)

All the ladies love it
    sideways!
    Thanks
    Do they need a separate amp?

If not, I could be interested in the 900.
    (As in, separate swap for an 805)
    Last edited by Doingitsideways; Tuesday 1st September 2015 at 00:53.

Thanks
    Yeah I'm afraid they have an external amp under the seat and an extra aerial too so if your car doesn't already have a 900/901 then you'd need those bits too.

Amp installation on page 11

All the ladies love it
    sideways!
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AcidicDavey View Post
    Yeah I'm afraid they have an external amp under the seat and an extra aerial too so if your car doesn't already have a 900/901 then you'd need those bits too.

Amp installation on page 11
    Sod that!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Doingitsideways For This Useful Post:

craigoodwood (Thursday 21st January 2016)

Thanks
    Right.

I've had a strange past 24hours or so after the car I most regretted selling came up for sale with the person I sold it to 2 years ago. My fabulous Volvo 480 Celebration.

18-01-13 006 by AcidicDavey, on Flickr

I don't know what to do Yes, I absolutely loved that car but do I really want it back after 2 years?

I can afford it so that's not an excuse. Just I've already got 3 cars, 2 of them idle. Do I want 4 cars with 3 of them idle?

Sold that car because I loved it too much and wanted to try other cars, mainly 205 GTi and BMW E30. The 205 is ticked but not the E30 yet!

The problem is if I do get the 480 what do I do with it? I'd probably drive it until the 850R is ready and then it would just sit on my Nan's drive doing nothing as I doubt I'd want to sell it. We need to redo the drive at ours so I have room for more cars, easily turn the 2 car drive into space for 4/5

I see myself regretting not buying it but then I see buying it back as a possible mistake too. Urgh, how has this car game become so complicated?!
    Thanks Steve for sharing the ad with me, thanks a lot!

Anyway, proof that I do actually use this car as intended...

Looking cool on the tip run.
    Tip Run by AcidicDavey, on Flickr

As you can probably see I put some BTCC inspired flags on the old girl, I like the thinking but they are too big really. Thinking about getting some more made but much smaller and put elsewhere, just don't know who to make them. I had these stickers in the cupboard for over a year before deciding to fit them on Sunday!
    09-09-15 001 by AcidicDavey, on Flickr

...Christ that angle really makes the back look high!

And because I like this one...
    06-09-15 005 by AcidicDavey, on Flickr

Shame about the bloody Mini ruining the shot!
    Last edited by AcidicDavey; Thursday 10th September 2015 at 00:41.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AcidicDavey For This Useful Post:

craigoodwood (Thursday 21st January 2016),jamesy12345 (Thursday 10th September 2015),smithy (Thursday 10th September 2015)

Randomly Typed Username
    Iraq Lobster
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,343 Times in 2,497 Posts
    ...Sold that car because I loved it too much and wanted to try other cars, mainly 205 GTi and BMW E30. The 205 is ticked but not the E30 yet!

The problem is if I do get the 480 what do I do with it? I'd probably drive it until the 850R is ready and then it would just sit on my Nan's drive doing nothing as I doubt I'd want to sell it. We need to redo the drive at ours so I have room for more cars, easily turn the 2 car drive into space for 4/5

I see myself regretting not buying it but then I see buying it back as a possible mistake too. Urgh, how has this car game become so complicated?!
    Thanks Steve for sharing the ad with me, thanks a lot! ...
    I have this dilemma whenever I have some free time and the internet to hand...

Plus now I've lost my storage, when my blue 480 is back together some hard decisions to be made!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to jamesy12345 For This Useful Post:

AcidicDavey (Thursday 10th September 2015)

Thanks
    Well, right now I'm not in a good mood!

While parked at the auctions with my arse against a hedge some bright spark decided to park their van opposite my front end creating a narrow gap between us which someone tried to drive through and swiped the front plate off my car dragging the screw across and gouging the bumper, not happy!

They were asked to move the van over the tanoy 3 times before they moved it, I had no idea that it was blocking me until I got to the car and found the damage.
    So, someone obviously found it was too narrow so went and reported that the van was an obstruction but as the owners ignored it twice when their plate was read out so the person said 'feck it' and tried to drive through anyway. Of course, the van was untouched, only my car damaged.

Don't know if I'm more pissed off at the van driver for getting in the way or the twerp who decided to go through the gap!

I waited for the van driver to get back which they did after being called the 3rd time so I could give them a bloody earful. I'm not a confrontational person but I bloody was tonight!

I won't see how bad it is until the morning but in truth it's not too bad, I should be able to polish out what the number plate won't hide, but that's not the point!

FFF££££! by AcidicDavey, on Flickr

Randomly Typed Username
    Iraq Lobster
    Thanks
    There are some right ££££££s out there, sorry to hear that

14. The Following User Says Thank You to jamesy12345 For This Useful Post:

All the ladies love it
    sideways!
    Thanks
    4rse holes!!

Sorry to hear this, Dave.
    What did the van driver say when you kicked off?
    I'd have given him more than foul language. A boot full of tools would have helped here.

Also, sorry to have given you such emotional torture all week

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Doingitsideways For This Useful Post:

A very bad whale

Thanks
    Thanked 1,313 Times in 870 Posts
    Did you get a hold of the knob who did it ?
    Jeez those mofos really get on my tats, one hit my C70 last year and fecked off leaving no trace and another caved in the back door of my V70 and did the same if I ever catch one of them he is getting about six doings for all the ones who got away!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Orca2 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    They didn't have a lot to say except 'sorry but there was nowhere else to park' I told them they should have pissed off then rather than getting in the way then they rather promptly got in their van and pissed off!
    Why the ££££ did they need to be called 3 times before moving it!!?

No Orca, I have no idea who scrapped the car, just the ££££ that got in the way.

Well it could be worse, the splitter is untouched and I was contemplating a front bumper respray (again) due to stone chips...
    Last edited by AcidicDavey; Thursday 10th September 2015 at 23:49.

A very bad whale

Thanks
    Thanked 1,313 Times in 870 Posts
    Tossbags

All the ladies love it
    sideways!
    Thanks
    C*nts

Thanks
    Hello all,

This is my first time signing in here since about mid September due to whatever reason.
    Firstly I'd like to apologise for not being on in so long but in truth I'm not doing too great but still about!

This car as of mid December got SORN'd due to the accidental purchase of car I won at auction, it's an embarrassing one folks, more on that later!

So, what's happened with this car? Well as above the car got scratched in early September, not the end of the world I know but in combination with worsening weather my 'delicate' mood was bound to fall.
    I did nothing with the car but drive it until I SORN'd it last month, not even wash it.

11-09-15 001 by AcidicDavey, on Flickr

11-09-15 002 by AcidicDavey, on Flickr

I should be able to sand it back and polish it up but obviously that cut from the number plate mounting screw has ruined my plan of fitting a shorter plate when the time comes. Looks like ANOTHER bumper respray is on the cards.

Just after my last post in this thread I had a rather spectacular blow out when the inside wall of the driver's tyre let go on a dead straight and smooth road at about 50mph. About 5 secs ahead was a tight and fast right hander over a very steep hillside, if it happened there it would have been a very different story and frankly I probably would not be here!

Blowout 1 by AcidicDavey, on Flickr

Blowout 2 by AcidicDavey, on Flickr

I don't have any spare Porsche wheels so I put on a pair of C70 wheels I still had (I changed both on the front because of the tyre size difference).

The wheels I have are basically the worst wheels you can get off a C70 but at least they are 17s so the fit I guess!
    Odd by AcidicDavey, on Flickr

I ordered tyres the very next day, Kumho KU39s in 215/35/18 for £64 each delivered, bargain! Got them fitted a couple of weeks later (struggled to muster up the motivation) and then left them in the garage so I could detail them before putting them back on the car.
    Washed them then brought them into the house so I could detail them in the comfort of a warm living room.

They came up brilliantly as I covered them in sealant before I put them on originally the year before so it was a simple clean up.
    They've picked up some slight stone chips, I'll get wheels powder coated from now on I think, but I touched them up well enough with a cocktail stick.

No photo after but this is what I'm talking about, nothing major but annoying. OK, I only noticed them when I was on my knees cleaning the buggers!
    Stone Chips by AcidicDavey, on Flickr

Twists 26-10-15 001 by AcidicDavey, on Flickr

Twists 26-10-15 002 by AcidicDavey, on Flickr

Twists 26-10-15 003 by AcidicDavey, on Flickr

Twists 26-10-15 004 by AcidicDavey, on Flickr

All very good but having the wheels inside taught me something new... Manoeuvring brand new tyres about on laminate flooring makes it very VERY slippery as I found out later the same day. Yep, arse over tit and landed thumb first, ouch! Left my left hand pretty hopeless for quite a while, that was late October and the car still looks the same now bless it.

29-10-15 by AcidicDavey, on Flickr

So, in the middle of the year I started saving hard for the manual conversion for this car with added upgradedness (with my plans I needed about 3 big ones) but I ended up buying the 850R which took up the space that I would have used to break a manual donor so that paused things further. Yes I saved up what I needed but now I've gone and financially crippled myself by buying a car that needs a bit of work before I can sell it on. A couple of days after I got this car to flip it 'sold' on eBay (for a profit I must say) but the winner rang me to say they couldn't afford it but still want it. ££££ing eBay ££££s, this was a few days before Christmas.
    Because of the time of year I decided to start driving the car and sell it once I'd done what I needed hence why the V70 is currently idle.

Right, so that means I'm currently up to 4 cars; 3 autos that I love but currently doing nothing and 1 manual that I absolutely detest but please please understand that I only have it as it was cheap and to make a couple of quid.

It's the first car that I've ever owned that I truly don't care about (I mean I even let people eat in it lol) but ironically it's the most valuable car I've had haha

So, what is it?

IMG_3354 by AcidicDavey, on Flickr

Yep, enough said.

I've stopped driving my beloved V70 for a POS MK2 BMW Mini!

It's no wonder I'm so depressed!

The crappy weather is delaying my selling the bloody thing now!

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AcidicDavey For This Useful Post:

craigoodwood (Friday 22nd January 2016),Doingitsideways (Thursday 21st January 2016),jamesy12345 (Thursday 21st January 2016),MoleT-5R (Thursday 21st January 2016)

Randomly Typed Username
    Iraq Lobster
    Thanks
    a few months of updates crammed into one long post, about time too! Selling cars via eBay is a nightmare....! I failed to sell 2 cars just recently. People want stuff for nowt (thinking about it I can be like that also, but I try to do what I say rather than mess people about)

Don't know what to say about the Mini...!! Although sometimes it's less stressful to drive a car you don't give a toss about - my daily when at work is a Corolla. Glad to hear from you fella anyway

25. The Following User Says Thank You to jamesy12345 For This Useful Post:

AcidicDavey (Thursday 21st January 2016)

All the ladies love it
    sideways!
    Thanks
    Well, hello stranger!

Good to see you're still alive mate, I was actually worried about you as you just disappeared

Hmm... I think the less said about the Mini the beter.
    Personally, I think the odd-trick would retreat into my body and turn into some sort of mangina if I had to drive one of those around!

Now come on, stop being a tool, get one of your properly written ads onto Autotrader and get it gone so you can sort that V70 out!

Oh, less of slagging off the C70 wheels, you...

That lives on my drive now!

Thanks
    Hello again folks.

I'll be honest, I've only signed back in as I felt guilty just dropping out like I did. I didn't make any conscientious decision to disappear but I simply just stopped coming on as I had nothing to say as everything has been 'meh' so I stopped bothering.

I feel like an absolute poofter driving around in a Mini Cooper (if it was an S I might be able to get away with it, actually probably not!), I can genuinely admit that my ££££ has fallen off! Sad times.

They are 'selling' well on eBay at the moment but I need to relacquer the roof before I can do shift it for what it's worth as it's peeling off in sheets, didn't notice that on the day as it was wet. I might do ok in the end but it does have a slight coolant drinking issue, bloody thing.
    Once it has sold I'll probably sell more, I need to buy cars to keep me busy, I nearly bought a Megane tonight for example!

Jamesy, I did see your 480 on eBay actually, I was quite surprised!

Wow Steve, another Volvo? How many is that now!?

Gearbox Killer
    Proving the power of the
    15g....13.4@104.3mph
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,673 Times in 1,797 Posts
    Hello again folks.

I'll be honest, I've only signed back in as I felt guilty just dropping out like I did. I didn't make any conscientious decision to disappear but I simply just stopped coming on as I had nothing to say as everything has been 'meh' so I stopped bothering.

I feel like an absolute poofter driving around in a Mini Cooper (if it was an S I might be able to get away with it, actually probably not!), I can genuinely admit that my ££££ has fallen off! Sad times.

They are 'selling' well on eBay at the moment but I need to relacquer the roof before I can do shift it for what it's worth as it's peeling off in sheets, didn't notice that on the day as it was wet. I might do ok in the end but it does have a slight coolant drinking issue, bloody thing.
    Once it has sold I'll probably sell more, I need to buy cars to keep me busy, I nearly bought a Megane tonight for example!

Wow Steve, another Volvo? How many is that now!?
    thb I know what you mean and I check in daily to see if the forum world is starting an up cycle, but alas it seems the same everywhere, it's just people inventing more and more fb volvo pages, hate to think how many I've been invited to and really other than a bit of banter there's nothing much going on. Bring on the 1/4 season and Colin's monster running on both engines and getting this forum buzzing again.......please......or bring back the forum idot jamest5....guaranteed post count there

Current Volvo's 1995 854 Gul T-5R 1996 855 Olive T-5R 1997 855 Olive AWD 1999 V70R AWD and 2005 XC90 D5 AWD
    Previous Volvo's 1987 745 gle 1989 745 GL 1995 855 Olive GLE 2001 V70 p2
    My Ebay Items http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/quik.connection

Randomly Typed Username
    Iraq Lobster
    Thanks
    It's still in my parents' garden mate!!

Thread Information