Join Today

Threaded View

The Volvo with a 'twist'!
    Thanks
    Parts are on the way!

This car, if you couldn't guess, is most definitely going on the road shortly. The Alfa will be prepared for sale (just waiting on some wheels...), there is nothing wrong with it but I just really need to get this car out there again now.

When the car was on the road last back in June 2012 I think there was a failing wheel bearing so I've ordered a new genuine one, passenger front I think (...and hope!). The cambelt was changed about 28k miles ago but that was 10 years ago now so that needs changing.

I've ordered a couple of little rechargeable dehumidifiers and I'll get a big bag of table salt to help dry out the car. A pic below showing all the steamed up windows, dripping trim and mold growing everywhere. I've wiped away all the mold from everywhere and I'm regularly propping open the boot to air it out.

Damp V70 by AcidicDavey, on Flickr

In the next few days I'm going to try and clean up under here, it is a bloody mess!

11-02-14 001 by AcidicDavey, on Flickr

I think I'll get rid of the silly chav valve!

I removed that mank silver rear bumper cover today too, the paint was worse than I was expecting... There is still some of the tape crap left but that doesn't matter at the moment, I'll just use a heat gun to help get that off. I was shocked to find that there are tonnes of little bubbles/pimples to the paint, don't know whether that is solely because of the cover stuck over it or because of a ££££ paintjob. Oh well, I'm not bothered about it, when I had the bumper painted in January 2011 there was a scuff on the corner anyway. I'm not going to repaint it but I'm going to cover the top of the bumper with a funky vinyl instead. I will warn you though, most won't like what I've planned .

Here's a pic after a wipe down and a quick sanding to level off all the bubbles...

11-02-14 002 by AcidicDavey, on Flickr

Really doesn't look like a cared for car does it?

The fun stuff will start after the car is safe, serviced and MOT'd
    Last edited by AcidicDavey; Tuesday 11th February 2014 at 18:53.

Thread Information