Join Today
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    The Volvo with a 'twist'!
    Thanks
    Yeah but haven't been on in months.

Last year I said come March (so soon) I'd sort the 166 and get it back on the road as it'll be a year since I bought it, I've barely touched it

Getting a bit bored of the Volvo again now (it seems 12 months is my limit), I might swap them around in the summer.

Swede demon
    Thanks
    so that ipd kit does make the engine a lil smoother? may invest in one myself then and also how did you do it with no drill bits then?
    The Scrapyard Saved 740

SpongeBob Foamypants
    Back in a V70 and happy!!
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,449 Times in 1,272 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AcidicDavey View Post
    Yeah but haven't been on in months.

Last year I said come March (so soon) I'd sort the 166 and get it back on the road as it'll be a year since I bought it, I've barely touched it

Getting a bit bored of the Volvo again now (it seems 12 months is my limit), I might swap them around in the summer.
    OK, but if you decide to part with the Alfa, you know where I am...............

Thanks
    Yeah, definitely a little smoother Husky but I was mainly changing it simply because of fear that the original may possibly fail.
    I was told after buying the kit that the coil was available for demon tweaks for £55.56, if you can make a bracket it will be cheaper.
    What I meant in my post about fitting it was that I didn't have any drill bits suitable for the job so took the coil out of the car and separated it from the original bracket with some cheapo bits and hammer and chisel, not recommend

Thing is Mark, I do both want to sell the Alfa but then I want to drive it too as I only managed 120 miles in it!
    Plus, I know I'd regret selling it for the pittance it is currently worth

Swede demon
    Thanks
    ahhh fair enough i see. will put this on my list of wanting then if it does actualy make a differance and i know what you mean. my original part failed n was coughing like hell i got a "used" one on atm but scaired thats soon gonna die with my luck
    The Scrapyard Saved 740

Wierdly beardly

Thanks
    I've been looking at the MSD coils myself - have you seen the MSD video on YouTube? Huge improvement in spark intensity. I wasn't looking at the SS though, I saw the MSD6 digital and though it looked pretty good... way too expensive for me though lol

Are you happy with the SS?
    Currently - '96 850R auto

Previously - '97 S70 T5 manual, '98 V70R AWD auto, '98 V70R Auto in Nautic Blue Mica with LPG (went to Germany!), 1996 850R Auto, lots of various 940s, 960s and a crappy 850 2.0

Thanks
    I only specifically got the Blaster SS because it came with a direct fitting kit for these cars put together by iPD.

As said, it was definitely a little smoother when accelerating. Can't really comment on MPG yet as I haven't taken it on a proper good run but that will change tonight as I'll be leaving in 3 hours for a 400 mile drive. Oh the fun

Before, it used to take the same amount of cranking to start whether hot or cold, now it starts much quicker when the engine is warm.

Thanks
    So left 2am on Sunday to go and put a foreigner on a plane
    405 trouble free miles - Hereford to Wolverhampton via Worcester then from Wolvie to Heathrow then route in reverse. 32mpg including a spanking from Worcester to Hereford, never enjoyed a road so much after 300+ Motorway miles

MOT today and the run must have done her good as surprisingly she passed only with insignificant advisories! Happy days!

2015 MOT! by AcidicDavey, on Flickr

I thought it was going to fail on the rear brakes you see but she still pulls up silently and well . Handbrake cables and shoes were fitted in 2011 and just need adjusting, hadn't done it yet as I anticipated a rear disc and pad change, still need to fit them asap mind. And the wheels protruding from the arches? Just no lol, they rub the arch lips ever so slightly in certain conditions but they don't stick out.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AcidicDavey For This Useful Post:

Biff (Tuesday 10th March 2015),c70geoff (Monday 2nd March 2015),jamesy12345 (Monday 2nd March 2015),MoleT-5R (Monday 2nd March 2015)

Randomly Typed Username
    Iraq Lobster
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,343 Times in 2,497 Posts
    Good to hear, well done matey

11. The Following User Says Thank You to jamesy12345 For This Useful Post:

AcidicDavey (Monday 2nd March 2015)

Thanks
    Had a puncture today It was the driver's rear that I have to park right next to a drain cover on the drive, I did mention in one last post that I had noticed a slit in the sidewall but it was nothing I thought but it had deflated slightly so had to go. Just put a ****e thing on it! Grr!

Now I love these cars, so much that I .....

Bought a 98 V70 R the other day which I will be breaking sadly, it has way too much wrong with it to save it! It's an auto FWD with a none fluid tight tapping engine and a slipping box! Been neglected and abused. A bit rough round the edges you could say. But, it has loads of usable bits for my car and others....

I will be swapping out some the interior for mine as some bits are better on this than mine. I wanted the SC-900 stereo etc but as per usual it turns out it doesn't work! It looks for a disc in the cartridge but then when it finds one it fails to read it and then cycles through looking for another disc and does it again!

Still, I'll take the injectors, throttle body cover, load cover blind, blue suede document folder, blue dials, centre console (as my hinge is snapped), heated rear window relay, boot floor and first aid kit. I'll swap the radio console trim, door cards and whatever else.

Anyway, I have little to do with myself due to blah blah blah so having this to pull apart might be good for me although I feel a bit guilty gutting it

Any profits will be ploughed into my car games so that has to be good

Pictures!!!

09-03-15 001 by AcidicDavey, on Flickr

09-03-15 002 by AcidicDavey, on Flickr

09-03-15 003 by AcidicDavey, on Flickr

09-03-15 005 by AcidicDavey, on Flickr

Poor thing

Now in an Audi...to allow more
    time for my 850s lol
    Thanks
    At least it will live on......in spirit of not in body! Once they've gone too far it's just not feasible to pump time & money into a car that will still not attain a decent resale. Such a shame. But keeping the good ones going strong is a worthy endeavour. All the best, Morgan

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Shinsplintz 101 For This Useful Post:

AcidicDavey (Monday 9th March 2015)

Thanks
    Exactly. I'm an emotional soppy sort of £££££££ and never broken a car before so why my first is a car I really like I do not know

Still, something to do and it'll be a good learning curve for me, biggest job I've done on my own is probably a radiator so looking forward to getting that turbo off (no idea what turbo it has as it has been replaced, it felt bloody quick (to me) so who knows.). Leaving the engine in as it's ££££ed!

Randomly Typed Username
    Iraq Lobster
    Thanks
    Davey at least the parts will be going to forum members, keeping their cars rolling. Sometimes too much work to return these back to running order...can't save them all!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to jamesy12345 For This Useful Post:

AcidicDavey (Tuesday 10th March 2015)

Meh.....
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,118 Posts
    If it's an auto R pre me7 it should have a 16t turbo Davey. Your V70 is definitely one of the cars of 2015 for me, it's coming on a treat & more power is what it needs! Don't fall out with it, I'd do anything to be driving around in mine at the mo.
    missing being Swedish

Previously:
    03 S40 Sport Lux 1.9d SOLD
    1998 MTE Stage 2 V70 T5 Manual SOLD
    1998 V70R AWD Manual BROKEN

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Biff For This Useful Post:

AcidicDavey (Tuesday 10th March 2015)

Randomly Typed Username
    Iraq Lobster
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Biff View Post
    If it's an auto R pre me7 it should have a 16t turbo Davey. Your V70 is definitely one of the cars of 2015 for me, it's coming on a treat & more power is what it needs! Don't fall out with it, I'd do anything to be driving around in mine at the mo.
    it is a phase 1 R, Biff - you can see the 3 buttons near the shifter & black badge on grill. So as you say 16T

Thanks
    Cheers Biff, you are absolutely right, this car does need more boost, but promise that will come after the 6 speed conversion This needs more power but I can't save for everything at once.

As said, profits from parts sales will go straight back into the project

I've been finding more and more wrong with the R as I strip it, rust to the inner wings, knackered starter motor and a broken headlight etc

And yes, as both of you say it should have a 16t, whether it does or not is another matter! Last owner had the turbo changed but couldn't tell me what for then had it remapped (without knowing what turbo it had) then the engine started tapping, woops...

All the ladies love it
    sideways!
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,955 Times in 1,332 Posts
    Maybe interested in the front legs with calipers and wishbones, Dave

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Can I buy the dash clocks please! What mileage on them thanks....

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Just realised your keeping them sorry......

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by volvomad View Post
    Can I buy the dash clocks please! What mileage on them thanks....
    Nope, they're one of the parts I'm keeping sorry.

Thread Information