Join Today
    This user has no status
    Thanks

S60 Rear spoiler?

Im thinking about buying a rear spoiler for my S60.

That aswell as clear headlight lenses, HID lights, and aliminium interior dash.

Anyone, i was wondering what some of your thoughts were on getting a rear spoiler.

The positives and negatives? I dont like the idea of adding weight to the car and sapping performance..lol

Theres this one on ebay that im tempted to bid for- http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=10432&item=4565937 296&rd=1#ebayphotohosting

But cant make up my mind if it looks good or not.

Also if it goes for less then a 100 then i would say its a bargain if u compare it to this joke of a price- http://www.body-kit.co.uk/acatalog/volvo_s60_boot_spoilers.html

Your thoughts my volvo people?

MP.
    I will permit no man to narrow and degrade my soul by making me hate him...

S60 T5 RICA(310 BHP)

Suspended
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Majesticpower
    Im thinking about buying a rear spoiler for my S60.

That aswell as clear headlight lenses, HID lights, and aliminium interior dash.

Anyone, i was wondering what some of your thoughts were on getting a rear spoiler.

The positives and negatives? I dont like the idea of adding weight to the car and sapping performance..lol

Theres this one on ebay that im tempted to bid for- http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=10432&item=4565937 296&rd=1#ebayphotohosting

But cant make up my mind if it looks good or not.

Also if it goes for less then a 100 then i would say its a bargain if u compare it to this joke of a price- http://www.body-kit.co.uk/acatalog/volvo_s60_boot_spoilers.html

Your thoughts my volvo people?

MP.
    The ebay one looks like a ££££ty Mondeo 1.8lx spoiler - bin it, as for the MC design spoiler it is one of the best made polyurethane kits about, on a par with Evolves for quality of material, and expect to pay £200 for it too, but it does a job, i read a test from an engineer who claimed it significantly does help the handling at 120mph + speeds by adding about 25% more downforce. I think i like this spoiler but then again i cant decide on anything lately.

Suspended
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TangoDeltaSierra3
    The ebay one looks like a ££££ty Mondeo 1.8lx spoiler - bin it, as for the MC design spoiler it is one of the best made polyurethane kits about, on a par with Evolves for quality of material, and expect to pay £200 for it too, but it does a job, i read a test from an engineer who claimed it significantly does help the handling at 120mph + speeds by adding about 25% more downforce. I think i like this spoiler but then again i cant decide on anything lately.
    thats interesting!, cos the very small spoiler on my s60r, improves downforce by 25% volvo say

dave

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Hmmm, that latter spoiler is abit too much for my taste personally.

But yeh i cant make up my mind at the moment.

So, if whats said is true, that it improves downforce by 25%, then how much do you think 0-60 may be affected?

MP.
    I will permit no man to narrow and degrade my soul by making me hate him...

S60 T5 RICA(310 BHP)

Suspended
    This user has no status

Thanks

So, if whats said is true, that it improves downforce by 25%, then how much do you think 0-60 may be affected?

MP.
    its not affected, cos not enough speed, its going to 70+ speeds that will be affected

dave

Suspended
    This user has no status
    Thanks

MP.
    Probably none, as the downforce increases with speed, like i said high speed particularly, like try and imagine my Sierra Cosworth going at 50mph, then imagine it going 120mph, with a whaletail spoliler on the back of it the force has gotta be loads greater, i'm in danger of sounding like Magnus Pike here and i've no idea what i'm on about but i read a lot lol...

And Dave, it was the S60 R style spoiler i was referring too re the 25% downforce increase.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Glad someone started this thread, 'cos if I ever get an S60R ( the current plan ), to me it needs something on the back. The Volvo spoiler to me looks a little small, but I wouldn't want to go Whale tail either....

Incidentally, are the spoliers standard on the S60R as I though I had seen one without ?

Anyone any other suggestions ? Perhaps a subtle one from another make ?

Headlight lenses - Not sure what the fronts would look like, but don't do the back as I think that looks too chav for me....
    Ex-V70 T5 P2 Owner, and loved it!

Audi A4 2.0T - 220 BHP, Daytime
    Skyline R33 GTR - 400 BHP, Playtime!!

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I like the one that Kalmar Union do. It's small but just enough to make the car look different and it could be OEM. In my mind mods should look OEm for the best results, I'm no fan of Pimp My Ride.

Suspended
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tian
    I like the one that Kalmar Union do. It's small but just enough to make the car look different and it could be OEM. In my mind mods should look OEm for the best results, I'm no fan of Pimp My Ride.
    That is the MS design spoiler £185 plus Vat.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tian
    I agree that it should look OEm but that one looks exactly the same as the "normal" spoiler ( although I can't see it properly ).

I guess I had in mind something more than a "lip" spoiler but not whale tail...a sort of S60 version of the one on S70's ( like in TDS's picture...)

Suspended
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Volvo dealers now do an S60 Sport spoiler similiar to the S70 one but i dont like the mini arch shape, would prefer flat/discrete, or like the one on top of the thread which is kinda more distinct than most.

This user has no status

Thanks
    I think I agree that I would prefer it flater, but that one in the piccy is just a bit too much for me. It might look better in the flesh...

Tell you what, you buy it and fit, then I can have look before I decide...that's fair I think!

Suspended
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by V8guitar
    I think I agree that I would prefer it flater, but that one in the piccy is just a bit too much for me. It might look better in the flesh...

Tell you what, you buy it and fit, then I can have look before I decide...that's fair I think!
    I may well do if i can find a source and a price, the actual car is from a racing series in Germany, kinda like the old Group N regulations, must be road legal with minor tweaks etc allowed, but the site was all German too but i'm brushing up on it. See ->>> Ich mochte ein glas bier bitte! Aaaaghhh! Das ist sehr gut! Yumm!

Thread Information