Join Today

Thread: CEM fault

This user has no status

Thanks

CEM fault

I need to get my CEM checked over to discount it being the culprit for non-starting issues. Does anyone know of a decent place that can check it out and if necessary fix it? I've got a couple of places near to me but the feedback on both goes from brilliant to avoid with nothing in between. Nothing is perfect but can't really trust these swing reviews.
    Thanks

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluwale View Post
    I need to get my CEM checked over to discount it being the culprit for non-starting issues. Does anyone know of a decent place that can check it out and if necessary fix it? I've got a couple of places near to me but the feedback on both goes from brilliant to avoid with nothing in between. Nothing is perfect but can't really trust these swing reviews.
    Thanks
    Where in UK are you and what makes you think it's the CEM?
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeT5 View Post
    Where in UK are you and what makes you think it's the CEM?
    I'm in Kent. I've plugged the car into VIDA and have fuel pressure. New battery in place and new starter motor which was on its way out. Taken plug out and turned over, spark non exist ant or intermittent at best. When car was running electrics went haywire on driving with dash all over the place indicators not working and all manner of things like car was possessed! Other forums suggest this could point to CEM. I'm just going through components one by one to tick them off. Thanks

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    I'm in Kent. I've plugged the car into VIDA and have fuel pressure. New battery in place and new starter motor which was on its way out. Taken plug out and turned over, spark non exist ant or intermittent at best. When car was running electrics went haywire on driving with dash all over the place indicators not working and all manner of things like car was possessed! Other forums suggest this could point to CEM. I'm just going through components one by one to tick them off. Thanks
    Sounds like you have an Earth problem to me.
    Where in Kent?

I also have VIDA. Happy to try and help you fix the issue?
    Could probably come out to you on Monday if your about?
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

Keeping it looking stock
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,581 Times in 1,296 Posts
    What car and year is it as the DIM can play up , is the dash display working ok the message box reading ok ?.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Sounds like you have an Earth problem to me.
    Where in Kent?

I also have VIDA. Happy to try and help you fix the issue?
    Could probably come out to you on Monday if your about?
    I'm very close to J4 M20.
    I would very much appreciate a second opinion, especially from someone with much more experience with this car. Unfortunately, I'm working Monday and won't be back till late, Covid-19 permitting! I'm about most Fridays.
    I've checked some of the earth paths as I had read that this can lead to issues but seemed OK so far. Thanks

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
    What car and year is it as the DIM can play up , is the dash display working ok the message box reading ok ?.
    DIM is next to check if CEM OK as I read that too about reflowing the circuit tracks to remake them. But it is working as far as I can tell. Although lots of warnings like reduced engine performance!
    To be honest there doesn't look to be much wrong with the CEM. No real sign of water ingress or overheating but it would be nice to discount it from being the problem. Thanks

This user has no status

Thanks
    DIM is next to check if CEM OK as I read that too about reflowing the circuit tracks to remake them. But it is working as far as I can tell. Although lots of warnings like reduced engine performance!
    To be honest there doesn't look to be much wrong with the CEM. No real sign of water ingress or overheating but it would be nice to discount it from being the problem. Thanks
    53 plate V70r.

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    I'm very close to J4 M20.
    I would very much appreciate a second opinion, especially from someone with much more experience with this car. Unfortunately, I'm working Monday and won't be back till late, Covid-19 permitting! I'm about most Fridays.
    I've checked some of the earth paths as I had read that this can lead to issues but seemed OK so far. Thanks
    Blimey! I live 2 miles from Junc 4.

PM me your phone number and I'll be in touch.

Early 03 model R's suffered with water ingress to the CEM via the wiring harness. However, ALL should have had a recall for that issue and it was later resolved with a modified harness in 2004> models.
    You can check with the dealer if your model was done or not.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Blimey! I live 2 miles from Junc 4.

PM me your phone number and I'll be in touch.

Early 03 model R's suffered with water ingress to the CEM via the wiring harness. However, ALL should have had a recall for that issue and it was later resolved with a modified harness in 2004> models.
    You can check with the dealer if your model was done or not.
    I've had the CEM out and there is no sign of water ingress. But without testing it cannot be sure. I didn't know there was a recall on this. I'll give Lipscombe a call at Aylesford and see if they have anything on record.

I'll PM you my number.

Thanks Lee

Thread Information