Join Today

Thread: Cruise Fuse?

Hoping for a miracle
    Thanks

Cruise Fuse?

Hi

the D5 I just bought has no cruise control, simply when the button is pressed no CRUISE sign comes up so I assume its not even operating?

I have had a look in my workshop manual at the elctrics and cannot seem to find a fuse for the Cruise control? Does it have a separate one or is it in a circuit with others please?

Im going to plug the VIDA in and do the diags but it wont achieve anything if I cant even energise that circuit.

I had a problem on the V70 that stopped the cruise from engaging and I traced it through VIDA to the BPPS brake pedal sensor on the back of the brake servo, but I could TURN IT ON! This also sent back 'ABS SYSTEM SERVICE' DIM messages.

Thanks
    http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11614&dateline=143983  7674

2004 - V70 D5 -'Black Bess' - The new addition
    2002 - C70 T5 'Ragetty Anne' - awaiting rebuild long term storage

Hoping for a miracle
    Thanks
    Anyone any ideas at all please why the dash indicator doesnt even come on? The last owner said it used to work intermittently but at least the indicator came on?
    http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11614&dateline=143983  7674

This user has no status

Thanks
    I had a S80 once. "Cruise" came on, but as soon as you steered it knocked itself off.

I replaced the circular connector behind the steering wheel that connects all the buttons on the wheel to the car. Got it second hand. No big deal to replace and solved the problems.

Might be your issue, might not of course. The fuse guide in the car should tell you which fuse it is?
    62' V60 D3 R Design
    62' V60 T6 AWD R Design polestar'd

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Timo. For This Useful Post:

Tee5alive (Friday 11th May 2018)

Still more fettling needed,
    will it never end?
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,587 Times in 3,404 Posts
    Non operation of cruise control is normally caused by a failed clutch position sensor, although VIDA should be able to tell you exactly.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-V...19.m1438.l2649

6. The Following User Says Thank You to stribo For This Useful Post:

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stribo View Post
    Non operation of cruise control is normally caused by a failed clutch position sensor, although VIDA should be able to tell you exactly.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-V...19.m1438.l2649
    Beat me to it.

Just so you know....when CRUISE is lit in the DIM, operating the +/- button on the steering WILL enable the cruise but it may still not work. If there's a fault on the car that's linked to the cruise control, then it will still say CRUISE in the DIM when you press the cruise button.

Cruise control is affected by, Brake pedal switch or brake light switch (what ever you wanna call it), Clutch pedal switch, ECM/DEM/TCM/BCM modules with no communication, steering angle sensor (behind the steering wheel), ABS sensors, electronic stability programme, etc, etc. There are a few other things but without looking at VIDA I can't list them all.

You need to see if there are any fault codes first mate as it's unlikely to be a fuse.

If you want to check the fuses, then just tuen ignition to Pos.2 and use a multi meter. You should see either 12v on both sides of the fuse or Earth on either side if not powered up. There isn't a specific fuse for the cruise control as it is controlled via the ECM.
    Any fuses related to the ECM are labelled 'ECM'.

Whatever you do, do NOT pull them out to check (that's what idiots do that don't have a clue what they're doing ), otherwise you'll just store more fault codes in the ECM and make it even harder for yourself to diagnose the fault.
    Last edited by LeeT5; Thursday 10th May 2018 at 10:15.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

8. The Following User Says Thank You to LeeT5 For This Useful Post:

Hoping for a miracle
    Thanks
    Hi thanks guys, the car is AUTOMATIC but I have read somewhere that it still chucks out a fault code for the clutch position???

A guy at work has the exact same car and he told me to disconnect the battery then touch both the cables together to discharge the car?
    The reconnect and it SHOULD allow the DIM - CRUISE logo to return?

But I think I'll give the VIDA a bash and see what codes come up first!

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tee5alive View Post
    Hi thanks guys, the car is AUTOMATIC but I have read somewhere that it still chucks out a fault code for the clutch position???

A guy at work has the exact same car and he told me to disconnect the battery then touch both the cables together to discharge the car?
    The reconnect and it SHOULD allow the DIM - CRUISE logo to return?

But I think I'll give the VIDA a bash and see what codes come up first!
    I would plug in VIDA first and see if there's any codes. It may gleam some light on the issue you have and hopefully a permenant fix.
    Then clear the fault codes and see if they return. When using VIDA, you have to follow the on screen instruction to clear the codes anyway, so you'll know if you've fixed it once you complete the drive cycle.

Your first method may work, but won't fix the issue as it will only return once you start and drive the car.
    It also does not erase fault codes from the modules memories and aswell as erasing all 'learned' parameters, it'll also erase adaptions, meaning, the car may not even restart untill you clean the ETM and then erase adaptions using VIDA. So this method is not advisable and can be a major PITA.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

11. The Following User Says Thank You to LeeT5 For This Useful Post:

Hoping for a miracle
    Thanks
    Oooh right cheers Lee I wont do the 'dump the volts' job!

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tee5alive View Post
    Oooh right cheers Lee I wont do the 'dump the volts' job!
    Whatever that means?

Hoping for a miracle
    Thanks
    Touching the battery leads together sorry

Thread Information