Join Today
    OH DEAR
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,711 Times in 2,752 Posts

Volvo s60r auto door locking how to activate

Gotta new key for our volvo s60r yesterday I never noticed but when the other half drove the car today the car doesn't automatically lock when above 5mph or what ever it's set at is this a dealer setting or can I set it tried the lock button on the door card but doesn't work for setting the auto locks .
    Thank you
    Last edited by t5 pete; Thursday 18th May 2017 at 18:21.

Keeping it looking stock
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,581 Times in 1,296 Posts
    Last edited by Harvey; Thursday 18th May 2017 at 18:31.

OH DEAR
    Thanks
    It was all work before though Harvey just stopped working when they programmed the new key

Keeping it looking stock
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,581 Times in 1,296 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by t5 pete View Post
    It was all work before though Harvey just stopped working when they programmed the new key
    Guess they did a software update then.

OH DEAR
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
    Guess they did a software update then.
    Haven't a clue harvey only went for key programming now it doesn't work so will be going back gong to call them tomorrow.
    Dine some reading on the net and a few says it's a dealer software only

855r 6sp lives
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,004 Times in 790 Posts
    I know an Indy that does key programming or at least did if it's any help?

I don't think any of mine lock about 5mph

OH DEAR
    Thanks
    The keys working fine it's just the auto locking doesn't work any more and tbh quite liked it as it did it automatically for when the Mrs and kids are in.
    I came across a thread where leet5 wanted his disabling and other than that usa forums saying it's a dealer only option.

Heres lees thread http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthre...Auto-door-lock

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    'Auto door locking' is a feature that can be enabled/disabled using VIDA/DICE or if like Harvey and myself, you have CFE.

If you go to the dealer, they'll charge you £39 to do the job which includes part #8637409 W/O AUTOMATIC LOCK software.

If you know someone with VIDA, get them to do it for you.

If your're ever down this way Pete, I'd be happy to enable/disable/adjust anything you want. Even turn up your heated seats if you want! The only requirement is a large packet of chocolate digestives.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

9. The Following User Says Thank You to LeeT5 For This Useful Post:

t5 pete (Thursday 18th May 2017)

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeT5 View Post
    'Auto door locking' is a feature that can be enabled/disabled using VIDA/DICE or if like Harvey and myself, you have CFE.

If you go to the dealer, they'll charge you £39 to do the job which includes part #8637409 W/O AUTOMATIC LOCK software.

If your're ever down this way Pete, I'd be happy to enable/disable/adjust anything you want. Even turn up your heated seats if you want! The only requirement is a large packet of chocolate digestives.
    Does this require the 8637409 W/O AUTOMATIC LOCK software to be installed by the dealer? I don't think, my car has this option. At least mine doesn't lock automatically. Where do I need to check it in VIDA?

SOLD - 2004 Volvo V70R GT/Titanium Gray/Gobi - 103000 Miles, Bilstein B6 Front, Resonator delete, do88 Intake, do88 Lower Intercooler pipe, Forge CBV with green spring, Grey Pierburg TCV, Viva Strut Bar Conversion Kit, 17'Pegasus, 235/45/17 Goodyear Eagle F1 AS3

OH DEAR
    Thanks

Cheers Lee
    I all ready have Vida but thank you for the offer.
    It's just annoying that it was working before and wasn't 're loaded after the key program as the tech would have noticed this as he had to drive the car into the work shop.

Tbh it the first time I've ever had to take a car to volvo or any where for work doing as was shocked how sloppy they were first I was given the bill of £260 for the fob and £160 for other items then handed the key to which I found wasn't springing out I said hasn't your tech noticed this and got no reply just looking gone out at me, then they had also not orderd the r cover for the fob which i had paid for and was just blank.
    finally the tech came back and said he had to file part of the plastic housing on the fob to make it work and I had to call back in when the cover came in.
    Upon getting into the car the obd flap was left down I know it's nothing but little things like that drive me mad then today the Mrs noticing the auto locks arnt working.

I'll call them tomorrow as working all hours at the moment and see if there willing to 're activate it free of charge when I pick the cover up.

If not where abouts would I find the option Lee in Vida please.

OH DEAR
    Thanks
    Another thing I've just noticed we used to have two other messages on the info screen I'm sure they were direct park vent 1 and direct park vent 2 when scroling through the messages both of them have gone aswell

855r 6sp lives
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,004 Times in 790 Posts

Lee do you have a list of interesting features like this that can be altered with vida?

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    It's just annoying that it was working before and wasn't 're loaded after the key program as the tech would have noticed this as he had to drive the car into the work shop.

If not where abouts would I find the option Lee in Vida please.
    In the Dealers defence Pete, the autolock feature does not operate until the vehicle reaches, IIRC, 20mph, so the technician wouldn't have noticed this unless he drives like a loon in the car park! I stuggle to get over 5mph in my local dealer, not that I'd think about going faster. This speed trigger can be adjusted in VIDA and with CFE.

Another thing I've just noticed we used to have two other messages on the info screen I'm sure they were direct park vent 1 and direct park vent 2 when scroling through the messages both of them have gone aswell
    What is 'Direct park vent 1 & 2' ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ettienne View Post
    Lee do you have a list of interesting features like this that can be altered with vida?
    Interesting question and No, I don't have a list. However, If I have a look in VIDA I'll see what things can be altered/switched on/off etc...
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

15. The Following User Says Thank You to LeeT5 For This Useful Post:

t5 pete (Friday 19th May 2017)

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ettienne View Post
    I did my best to accommodate your answer here:

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthre...950#post811950

17. The Following User Says Thank You to LeeT5 For This Useful Post:

OH DEAR
    Thanks
    Hi Lee tbh I didn't have a clue what it was either so never messed with it but I googled it last night and they can have a direct start park vent I believe it's some thing to do with warming the car up before you get in.

I phoned volvo service manager today and he didn't even know our cars could do it so ran it through with him and then he realised they could with your part number also I needed to make sure they didn't do a can update as shem said that will also remove the map on the car so need to do me make sure that the map is still there.

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    I will look into the vent thing.

Regards the update, your MAP file will be written to the ECM only! Any updates to any other modules will not affect the map.

To be clear, the part number I listed is purely a code that Volvo use to ensure the correct feature is enabled/disabled. If they did not have that code, then they would have to rely on the publics explanation of what it is they want, which in practible terms, just would not work.

They don't actually download software to the car, it just relates to the feature so the technicians know exactly what it is they're doing. You can turn your heated seat temps up or disable the Afterblow, you don't need a software part number to do it.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to LeeT5 For This Useful Post:

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Hi Lee tbh I didn't have a clue what it was either so never messed with it but I googled it last night and they can have a direct start park vent I believe it's some thing to do with warming the car up before you get in.

I phoned volvo service manager today and he didn't even know our cars could do it so ran it through with him and then he realised they could with your part number also I needed to make sure they didn't do a can update as shem said that will also remove the map on the car so need to do me make sure that the map is still there.
    What you're refering to is Fuel-driven parking heater (option). My car is not fitted with this.

See pages 74-75 in the link below...

http://az685612.vo.msecnd.net/pdfs/1..._EN_tp8170.pdf

22. The Following User Says Thank You to LeeT5 For This Useful Post:

OH DEAR
    Thanks
    That's it Lee looks like the s60 had that will have to investigate more

Thread Information