Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

Where for performance parts on S40 t4 please guys and girls

Hello. Anyone able to help of where to find performance parts fr volvo s40 t4 "99" model please. Looking for ideas and things for my car please. Many thanks. Mike.

Lawnmower Boy
    Now known as WAPAHO!!!
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,733 Times in 1,162 Posts
    I'm not sure of specific locations, so it can depend on what you want.

An MBC can be sourced from anywhere
    Air filters can be got from Demon Tweeks etc
    More complex bits (or an example of what I've done)
    An 850/S60R manifold with the fifth port cut off and welded up.
    An 18/19t turbo
    A set if VXR injectors
    A custom exhaust.

Current Garage:
    1997 960 3.0L 24v - Polestar...(Honest guv..!!)
    1997 855 T5 S - stripped to 1300kgs gross weight - 14.2sec qtr(rank 17*)
    2001 V40 T4 SE - 14.199@100.15MPH - Hybrid Turbo/VXR injectors and DeCat(Rank 15*)
    *Data Sept 2013
    Any Stuff For Sale - check out my Ebay link

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,783 Times in 1,506 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JUDGENINJA View Post

An 18/19t turbo
    A set if VXR injectors
    A custom exhaust.
    And after all that a bloody fast car lol

life is like a box of §§§§e
    Thanks
    I second that.

13psi @ 159mph
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JUDGENINJA View Post

An 18/19t turbo
    A set if VXR injectors
    A custom exhaust.
    Been looking at these vxr injectors, what year are they and more info on the turbo would be great. What power would you get from this setup? And I've been trying to figure mapping out, as Ecu needs to be out, is it better getting it all then remap or just plug a piggy back ecu in?

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by s40t View Post
    Been looking at these vxr injectors, what year are they and more info on the turbo would be great. What power would you get from this setup? And I've been trying to figure mapping out, as Ecu needs to be out, is it better getting it all then remap or just plug a piggy back ecu in?
    Try to find a custom mapper before you change injectors and other hardware IMO. Phase 1 T4's are a lot more limited by their MAF, 312cc injectors and no one who maps them. To fit the bigger injectors you will need the MAF and injector parameters rescaling to suit. A piggyback may be an option but do your research before committing to buying all the hardware. I spent thousands on my phase 1 fitting a Holset turbo, forged engine, injectors, fuel system upgrades, intercooler etc etc, only to come to a dead end with mapping.

I think there was a guy on one of the forums (T5D5?) called Wingzero who successfully fitted a Unichip piggyback to his T4 but he had an MTE custom map as a base for when he tweaked his future hardware changes with the Unichip. MTE no longer do CUSTOM maps for the T4 which is a shame.

The phase 1 312cc grey injectors are near maxed at around 240bhp and the MAF airflow limit is 195g/s (250bhp ish).

I got 286bhp from my old phase 1 but had to fit VXR's to compensate for the MAF being maxed but this caused pig rich running in open loop before the MAF reached it's limit. The hardware was capable of a lot more but I wasn't prepared to fork out for a standalone to find out.

Phase 1 has the stronger block, but you will have a headache getting the software set up for any major hardware changes. The phase 2 block can be shimmed for far less than the cost of a piggyback or standalone ECU and setting up needed for the phase 1. Any 300bhp T4 is an extremely quick car and up to 300bhp it's arguable if you'd even need to shim the block. Some people have run far more and done trackdays without a problem. Some have reported cracked liners on stock cars!!

Everyone talks about wanting their T4 to be 350bhp+ but IMO a 300bhp T4 is more than enough. They really do go very well indeed and anything more than that on stock brakes and diff etc is going to be a waste.

The phase 2 has 420cc injectors (good for ~300bhp) and the MAF will reach also 300bhp before it reaches peak airflow. Also there is someone who can help with mapping on the phase 2 if you ask him extra nicely.

I plan on tuning my phase 2 eventually but I'm getting everything else (brakes, suspension etc) sorted first. I'm getting there slowly.

Mitch.
    Last edited by mitchyboy01; Tuesday 27th May 2014 at 15:26.
    Grey 855R Manual. Totally standard.

13psi @ 159mph
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchyboy01 View Post
    Try to find a custom mapper before you change injectors and other hardware IMO. Phase 1 T4's are a lot more limited by their MAF, 312cc injectors and no one who maps them. To fit the bigger injectors you will need the MAF and injector parameters rescaling to suit. A piggyback may be an option but do your research before committing to buying all the hardware. I spent thousands on my phase 1 fitting a Holset turbo, forged engine, injectors, fuel system upgrades, intercooler etc etc, only to come to a dead end with mapping.

I think there was a guy on one of the forums (T5D5?) called Wingzero who successfully fitted a Unichip piggyback to his T4 but he had an MTE custom map as a base for when he tweaked his future hardware changes with the Unichip. MTE no longer do CUSTOM maps for the T4 which is a shame.

The phase 1 312cc grey injectors are near maxed at around 240bhp and the MAF airflow limit is 195g/s (250bhp ish).

I got 286bhp from my old phase 1 but had to fit VXR's to compensate for the MAF being maxed but this caused pig rich running in open loop before the MAF reached it's limit. The hardware was capable of a lot more but I wasn't prepared to fork out for a standalone to find out.

Phase 1 has the stronger block, but you will have a headache getting the software set up for any major hardware changes. The phase 2 block can be shimmed for far less than the cost of a piggyback or standalone ECU and setting up needed for the phase 1. Any 300bhp T4 is an extremely quick car and up to 300bhp it's arguable if you'd even need to shim the block. Some people have run far more and done trackdays without a problem. Some have reported cracked liners on stock cars!!

Everyone talks about wanting their T4 to be 350bhp+ but IMO a 300bhp T4 is more than enough. They really do go very well indeed and anything more than that on stock brakes and diff etc is going to be a waste.

The phase 2 has 420cc injectors (good for ~300bhp) and the MAF will reach also 300bhp before it reaches peak airflow. Also there is someone who can help with mapping on the phase 2 if you ask him extra nicely.

I plan on tuning my phase 2 eventually but I'm getting everything else (brakes, suspension etc) sorted first. I'm getting there slowly.

Mitch.
    Great reply thanks. I don't want silly power I was looking at 300bhp absolute tops. Would the phase 2 injectors would ideal then? I will probably leave it at the exhaust intake and remap to be honest as it's just not "my car" it's for the little one too. Won't be putting any horse down unless this driveshaft makes way here hey! Ha ha

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I know... the bloody driveshaft saga continues lol! Did u get my text mate?

Beer Baron
    Nice to have some power again.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,466 Times in 1,996 Posts
    If i were to get a phase 1.5 t4 i.e the 1855 cc engine, but with the phase 2 updates (interior, exterior, etc), would it have the git ecu or the easier to map ecu?
    "The problem with internet quotes, is that you don't know if they're real or not" - Abraham Lincoln

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Great reply thanks. I don't want silly power I was looking at 300bhp absolute tops. Would the phase 2 injectors would ideal then? I will probably leave it at the exhaust intake and remap to be honest as it's just not "my car" it's for the little one too. Won't be putting any horse down unless this driveshaft makes way here hey! Ha ha
    I'm not sure if the phase 2 injectors are straight swap physically. I used to know but its been a while since I had the phase 1. Either way, they are still 30% bigger than stock so will still run rich without the map being altered. VXR injectors are 50% bigger than stock so they will overfuel like a mofo. In closed loop (idle and part throttle) the ECU may just about be able to bring the AFR into spec enough for it to run OK.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamT4 View Post
    If i were to get a phase 1.5 t4 i.e the 1855 cc engine, but with the phase 2 updates (interior, exterior, etc), would it have the git ecu or the easier to map ecu?
    Mine was a 1.5 and still had the barsteward ECU. Phase 1.5 looks like the phase 1. The phase 2 had the updated bumlers and wings ect.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to mitchyboy01 For This Useful Post:

LiamT4 (Tuesday 27th May 2014)

Beer Baron
    Nice to have some power again.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,466 Times in 1,996 Posts
    Mine was a 1.5 and still had the barsteward ECU. Phase 1.5 looks like the phase 1. The phase 2 had the updated bumlers and wings ect.
    Mine had all the updated interior, exterior, 5spd auto but still had the 1855 engine, i'm assuming that was a phase 2 then.
    "The problem with internet quotes, is that you don't know if they're real or not" - Abraham Lincoln

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Im not sure mate. The changover period from phase 1 phase 2 produced some quite oddball combinations I think. That's why I won't have another 1.5. Pretty sure if it had the 1855 it will be the phase 1 ECU but I can't be 100%.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to mitchyboy01 For This Useful Post:

LiamT4 (Tuesday 27th May 2014)

This user has no status

Thanks
    The changeover period was around 2000 but because the way Volvo manufacture the 2000 motors may be registered as late as 2001 so the B194T2 1855 can be as late as that .......but whatever the date is if it has the 1855 engine then the ECU is the phase 1 EMS 2000 fuel system.

The B4204T2 in the year 2000 although a 2litre is still phase 1 ECU......but 2001 on the B4204T3 and the B4204T5 become phase 2 ECU because of the uprated MAF and injectors along with the extra engine sensors for Boost 1 and Boost 2 MAP
    Last edited by 960kg; Wednesday 28th May 2014 at 10:47.

Mercedes C320CDI Sport Estate 3 litre V6 7 Gear Auto
    Remap 290bhp 628Nm torque @ 1600revs 45.1mpg

17. The Following User Says Thank You to 960kg For This Useful Post:

LiamT4 (Thursday 29th May 2014)

13psi @ 159mph
    Thanks
    I know... the bloody driveshaft saga continues lol! Did u get my text mate?
    i did pal been hibernating and baby shopping though. woooooooo ill get delivery arrange tomorrow bud ill ring first thing the morning!

do you think a loose driveshaft would of made it just slot into gear? im struggling to see how it would still at least grind would it trying because its not disengaged at the flywheel side.... confusing me now

This user has no status
    Thanks
    i did pal been hibernating and baby shopping though. woooooooo ill get delivery arrange tomorrow bud ill ring first thing the morning!

do you think a loose driveshaft would of made it just slot into gear? im struggling to see how it would still at least grind would it trying because its not disengaged at the flywheel side.... confusing me now
    Been in all day again today mate and no collection. I will be out all day tomorrow so maybe Sat morn or Monday.

Thread Information