Join Today
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts

Shades of Anthracite and paint codes help please.

Can any painter's or Volvo employeeeeees help me regards Anthracite. I am due to have my wheel's refurbed in a few weeks and i want them Anthracite. I know the code is 932 but i have heard there is a 'Dark' Anthracite - code 934. Is this true and does anyone have any pictures of it please? My local dealer said they only know of paint code 932 - Anthracite.
    Thankyou kind sir's and sir'ess's
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

855's are better than 854's..
    Thanks
    Lepsons in Gillingham are the people to visit as they have three shades, a dark, a medium and a light.. I had my original Titans done by them and I was really happy, I wouldn't go anywhere else now.. Hope this helps

Scott..

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by frobes2 View Post
    Lepsons in Gillingham are the people to visit as they have three shades, a dark, a medium and a light.. I had my original Titans done by them and I was really happy, I wouldn't go anywhere else now.. Hope this helps

Scott..
    I understand that Lepsons don't powdercoat, hense why i'm going to Spit n polish.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

Balder than My Tyres...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,005 Times in 711 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by frobes2 View Post

Scott..
    Lepsons ( http://www.lepsons.com/process.phtml ) are extremely professional and I concur with the above comment - it is a very high quality and durable finish and the process involves a full strip, machining etc, and I seem to think it cost me £240 including refitting some new tyres I supplied and balancing. You can get it done cheaper, but not better. The outfit is substantial and they are very happy for you to look around the works:

From this:
    To this:

I chose a Lepsons anthracite (it's a tad funkier than 932) - but they will mix whatever you want.
    Last edited by Flatout Phil; Thursday 28th June 2012 at 14:12.
    KISS Rs

850R manual, Rica 310, IKEA fitted bathroom, H&C running water, Jetex 2.5", pipe rack, cap stand, Forge BOV, circular wheels with full 360 degree rotation, 302mm discs, IPD front and rear anti-roll bars, numerous shiny features, sub-atomic particle accelerator, VTOL capability ...Volvo With Attitude!!!
    Also to be seen in a gold Honda CR-V these days...

"It's really fast, and growls like a tiger!"

Balder than My Tyres...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,005 Times in 711 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeT5 View Post
    I understand that Lepsons don't powdercoat, hense why i'm going to Spit n polish.
    Oh yes they do...
    http://www.lepsons.com/powder-coat.phtml
    KISS Rs

850R manual, Rica 310, IKEA fitted bathroom, H&C running water, Jetex 2.5", pipe rack, cap stand, Forge BOV, circular wheels with full 360 degree rotation, 302mm discs, IPD front and rear anti-roll bars, numerous shiny features, sub-atomic particle accelerator, VTOL capability ...Volvo With Attitude!!!
    Also to be seen in a gold Honda CR-V these days...

"It's really fast, and growls like a tiger!"

OH DEAR
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,711 Times in 2,752 Posts
    just been looking on there web site thats a really good price to have a wheel straightend or welded

Owner of a SupeRioR
    Thanks
    I've got the colour code for you Lee, it's called "Shadow Chrome" ;-p cough cough
    Doing my bit for the environment by driving a 'Green' car!

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,783 Times in 1,506 Posts
    Have a look at my new rims on older models thread saying 940 future mods they are a nice colour

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Flatout Phil View Post
    Ok fella! Just saying what they told me when i phoned them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkey R View Post
    I've got the colour code for you Lee, it's called "Shadow Chrome" ;-p cough cough
    Shadow chrome? That's not a code. Is that a name for a can of paint from Halfrauds?

Quote Originally Posted by smithy View Post
    Have a look at my new rims on older models thread saying 940 future mods they are a nice colour
    Not sure what you mean mate. You got a link??

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,783 Times in 1,506 Posts
    Ok fella! Just saying what they told me when i phoned them.

Shadow chrome? That's not a code. Is that a name for a can of paint from Halfrauds?

Not sure what you mean mate. You got a link??
    If you look on this forum where the 850 threads are ,the is a section called older cars above that with a thread called 940 future mods . The wheels are on the last page dean put the pic up for me yesterday .im thick when it comes to computers so cannot put a link up sorry mate

Thanks
    DON'T ASK MARTIN PEACHEY - he'll probably give you the paint code for his wheels, 001/922/gayblue (lmfao!)
    There's only one Wally Dog....

Driving Miss Daisy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,171 Times in 2,943 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wally Dog View Post
    DON'T ASK MARTIN PEACHEY - he'll probably give you the paint code for his wheels, 001/922/gayblue (lmfao!)
    Mind you the new MRP Black does look rather nice.....

The Relentless Pursuit Of Perfection

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Anyone?? Does anyone know the paint codes for Volvo Wheels that were supplied with P2 V70R/S60R from 2003>?

They list two colours in my brochure. 1) Bright silver 2) Graphite.

I would also like to know the paint code for the graphite/anthracite colour of my old classic R AWD that i used to own. Then i can compare or even see if the codes are the same. If the code is the same then i know exactly what the wheels will look like because my Classic R AWD has darker coloured 17" Satellite's.

I don't want peugeot codes or any weird 177.3 code that looks like Anthracite, i want the actual paint code for Volvo Anthracite painted on 1999 R AWD and 2003 R AWD.

Thankyou. Somebody must know.....????
    Last edited by LeeT5; Friday 29th June 2012 at 16:58.

Driving Miss Daisy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Wheel paint codes

Silver 930
    Dark Silver 931
    Anthracite 932
    Champagne 933
    White Silver 935
    Bright Silver 936

Driving Miss Daisy
    This user has no status
    Thanks

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by V70 Graham View Post
    Wheel paint codes

Silver 930
    Dark Silver 931
    Anthracite 932
    Champagne 933
    White Silver 935
    Bright Silver 936
    Thanks Graham but i question the legitimacy of those codes. Where did you get them from and why do they not list 934 which i know to be Volvo Anthracite Bronze. According to Gary, the very dark coloured one in his two wheel comparison post?

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Car is at Lepson's and i collect, hopefully, Wednesday morning. I decided to go with Lepsons Medium Anthracite. The light anthracite looked the same as the R calipers and i don't want them to clash.

Will post photo's in a new thread once i get the car back.

a 19t just isn't laggy enough
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 4,072 Posts
    I decided to go with Lepsons Medium Anthracite
    sorry, but after all the fuss & "MUST BE VOLVO PAINT CODE" comments in the thread. You decided to use there own shade of grey, which is no different to picking up a tin of any brand paint in the local Halfrauds which you frowned against

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by p fandango View Post
    sorry, but after all the fuss & "MUST BE VOLVO PAINT CODE" comments in the thread. You decided to use there own shade of grey, which is no different to picking up a tin of any brand paint in the local Halfrauds which you frowned against
    What you sorry for? Being as nobody could actually answer my original question, regards the paint code 934 and Volvo are less than useless, i had no choice but to roll with a non oe paint. 932 would have been the same colour as my calipers which is not what i wanted. I went with the Anthracite they offered because i could actually see it on a wheel and put it next to my car. I'm hardly going to use a can of paint and DIY my wheels am i!?

a 19t just isn't laggy enough
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 4,072 Posts
    What you sorry for? Being as nobody could actually answer my original question, regards the paint code 934 and Volvo are less than useless, i had no choice but to roll with a non oe paint. 932 would have been the same colour as my calipers which is not what i wanted. I went with the Anthracite they offered because i could actually see it on a wheel and put it next to my car. I'm hardly going to use a can of paint and DIY my wheels am i!?
    i apologised because i don't like moaning. Being blunt even the whole concept of "must be Volvo colour" is beyond me, its grey paint & not as if you were even just doing just 1 wheel so needed to paint match. Find a colour & get them done in that which you did in the end, & yes many people have bought a tin & simply sprayed there wheels

Thread Information