Quote Originally Posted by jellison View Post
Thanks Lee, tried the Device Manager stuff. No joy then saw your bit on the 4 lights. The USB under no circumstances ever flashes, in car on key turn 1 or 2 or just in house on 12v power. Seems it is stuffed. Have mailed seller saying I need a new one pronto.

Anyidea what the hunting on startup could be and then occasion dodgy ideal, and sooted tail pipe? I know this is old school diagnosis but ha this is how proper mechanics have been doing for years.

Another think about hating to pay for main dealer, all they are doing is plugging in one of these dedicated tools and bosh, this is the issue. No abiilty to actually work it out. They just take the part f the shelf and bolt it on and run the tool again, all for 150 quid per hour.

Thanks all.

Anthony I'll mail you back re a good time, birthday today so out, maybe in the week might be best, I leave work at 3;40 in Chiswick.
The USB status should blink yellow when communicating with laptop then go solid yellow once connected.
If it's not lighting up then it's likely because of a driver issue on the laptop not the DICE itself.