Join Today

Threaded View

This user has no status

Thanks
    As Kev said above, I flew over to him to collect the car and take it back to NI via a race meet at Donnington and my parents at Telford (where the seats were fitted). I then proceeded to Cairnryan so over the course of 600 miles, I have quickly learnt the car.

Coming from an FN2 with new upgraded suspension, FRS and upgraded brakes - the 21 yr old Volvo feels a little bit 'knocky' and 'soft' and really doesn't brake well - so on the drive home I decided that I will carry out the following (not exhaustive or detailed):

Lower arms from PFVonline (saves re bushing the existing arms)
    Subframe poly inserts
    HD drop links
    Camber bolts
    OE Engine mounts
    ARB bushes
    New Disks and DS2500 pads - will try these in an attempt to keep the oe wheels although 205 50 16 limits choice and is a little expensive so may go to 17s quite soon.
    New tyres all round - was going to go for AD08s or similar but will probably go for an eagle F1 etc to preserve the drivetrain a bit.

On to the motor though.. It flies.... I've owned some fast cars - really fast cars (Alpina B10 V8 / Stage2 S14A) and this feels more muscular in 3rd / 4th / 5th thanks the Oblark Ecu?? - what are the torque figures????
    Anyway some random pics:

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Hippohead For This Useful Post:

kmb (Wednesday 22nd March 2017)

Thread Information