Join Today
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned
    Power of a Sports Car, Turning
    Circle of a Bus.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ROZER View Post
    I went for the purple range because I have done the front lower wishbone in purple too. am planning on getting the pfv lowering kit next week not looking forward to that I have nimovats on the rear its an x police car.as for doing these wishbone bushes never again fell like an old man today back is killing me.
    I've got the PFV lowering kit on mine, it's fantastic value. The rear end will be the hardest mate, I watched two guys having fun getting the rear shocks in and that was at a garage on a ramp. If you can do your control arms I'm sure doing the shocks will be ok for you as well but take your time.

You may wish to consider changing from Nivomats to a standard strut arrangement, I know MRP has and it looks great. Martin is probably best qualified to advise you on that one.

Swollen Member
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,408 Times in 1,497 Posts
    I've got a set of Lesjofors lowering springs that I've decided not to fit....originally bought from PFS and fitted to a D5 for a few weeks before the car was taken off the road.

http://www.partsforvolvosonline.com/...oducts_id=6691

Not advertised anywhere, but let me know if you're interested.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to stephenevans99 For This Useful Post:

JamesT5 (Sunday 6th April 2014)

Banned
    Circle of a Bus.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stephenevans99 View Post
    I've got a set of Lesjofors lowering springs that I've decided not to fit....originally bought from PFS and fitted to a D5 for a few weeks before the car was taken off the road.

Nice one Steve.

This user has no status

Thanks

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by JamesT5 View Post
    I've got the PFV lowering kit on mine, it's fantastic value. The rear end will be the hardest mate, I watched two guys having fun getting the rear shocks in and that was at a garage on a ramp. If you can do your control arms I'm sure doing the shocks will be ok for you as well but take your time.

You may wish to consider changing from Nivomats to a standard strut arrangement, I know MRP has and it looks great. Martin is probably best qualified to advise you on that one.
    yes am Definitely taking the nimovats off the car and using the full kit I think its priced very good too.

trying hard to look busy!
    Thanks
    Good work. Do they improve the ride well?
    It's a 5 Cylinder Orchestra!
    R.I.P. Kyebosh (Alan) you're memory lives on!

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stephenevans99 View Post

thanks mate but am only looking at fitting new cheers for the offer I appreciate it .

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jdavis View Post
    Good work. Do they improve the ride well?
    yes they do car feels tight I could tell when trying to put the wishbone arm back in with the new bush they would improve the steering the wishbone was miles away from the bottom ball joint no matter how much force I put on the wishbone I could not move them into place had to undo the struts and jack up to the subframe to get in its not a job for the weak you need to be strong or have someone help you .

Banned
    Circle of a Bus.

Thanks
    yes am Definitely taking the nimovats off the car and using the full kit I think its priced very good too.
    The ride height is spot on and it feels nice too, a harder ride but then that's to be expected I suppose. The back camber will be noticeably negatively angled once the kit is fitted but I can say from experience that my tyre wear on the back hasn't really been affected to any appreciable degree. If you are concerned though, then PFV do a camber adjustment kit but I've left mine as it is for now as I think it gives safer cornering.

I'd strongly recommend you change your strut top bearings and spring seats as well unless you've just recently changed them. Mine were totally shot and to be honest, it's a little extra cash but will save you time in the future because there is a chance the harder ride could contribute to faster wear and tear on the older parts. It's entirely up to you of course but if you can spare the extra cash then go for the strut bearings and spring seats as well. PFV sell uprated spring seats that are about twice the price of the standard ones, I've not tried them but I guess they are better value in the long run.

Good luck with it all and let us know how you get on and what you think of it all when its fitted.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to JamesT5 For This Useful Post:

ROZER (Sunday 6th April 2014)

Banned
    Circle of a Bus.

Thanks
    yes they do car feels tight I could tell when trying to put the wishbone arm back in with the new bush they would improve the steering the wishbone was miles away from the bottom ball joint no matter how much force I put on the wishbone I could not move them into place had to undo the struts and jack up to the subframe to get in its not a job for the weak you need to be strong or have someone help you .
    Same problem that Martin and I had.

This user has no status

Thanks

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by JamesT5 View Post
    The ride height is spot on and it feels nice too, a harder ride but then that's to be expected I suppose. The back camber will be noticeably negatively angled once the kit is fitted but I can say from experience that my tyre wear on the back hasn't really been affected to any appreciable degree. If you are concerned though, then PFV do a camber adjustment kit but I've left mine as it is for now as I think it gives safer cornering.

I'd strongly recommend you change your strut top bearings and spring seats as well unless you've just recently changed them. Mine were totally shot and to be honest, it's a little extra cash but will save you time in the future because there is a chance the harder ride could contribute to faster wear and tear on the older parts. It's entirely up to you of course but if you can spare the extra cash then go for the strut bearings and spring seats as well. PFV sell uprated spring seats that are about twice the price of the standard ones, I've not tried them but I guess they are better value in the long run.

Good luck with it all and let us know how you get on and what you think of it all when its fitted.
    cheers mate will look into the strut bearings and spring seats .

Banned
    Circle of a Bus.

Thanks
    cheers mate will look into the strut bearings and spring seats .
    Nice one. Imagine if you take off your old shocks only to find your old ones are worn or past their best, at least you'll have peace of mind that a) you've got new parts to replace them but more importantly, b) you're putting new shocks and springs in to new strut bearings. I'm sure the reassurance will add to the driving pleasure when you drive down the road.

This user has no status

Thanks
    true .

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ROZER For This Useful Post:

JamesT5 (Sunday 6th April 2014)

Thread Information