Join Today

Hybrid View

Still more fettling needed,
    will it never end?
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,587 Times in 3,404 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by V70 Graham View Post
    About time I had some good news for a change and I'm pleased to report I've had a great day down with M-R-P doing a couple of small jobs on the car that weren't urgent but needed doing.

First up was the exhaust.....and thanks to Andy I now have a stainless tip to smarten it up, the old tip seemed to be sunk into the recess about 2-3 inches and after a bit of fabrication it now sticks out about an inch and a half, time will tell (along with any comments at the RR day) whether we reposition it flush or not.

Before and after pictures.....

Next up was the new air filter kindly donated by Iancho, the old one was starting to rust and wasn't looking it's best.

While I was on the phone, Martin decided to do something about the HID wiring kit that had been bugging him for ages, he started to rip bits off the car, laughing to himself every so often as my face started to look more worried

The results speak for themselves, where before there were relays tied to the induction kit, all became neat and tidy.....the lights still work too !

The air filter was squeezed into its new home and everything put back how it should be.....

Another thing I have been meaning to do is change the indicator bulbs over for some chrome ones, unfortunately I couldn't find the ones stribo gave me so I purchased some more.....

One thing that amazes me about M-R-P (and many others on the forum) is his ability to fix things cheaply and easily making use of any old bits he finds either in his toolbox or 'man cave' today, after it had been bothering me for over 2 years, he fixed my bonnet release which didn't fully open, it seemed not to open the n/s catch.....I'm still not quite sure how he did it, I'll let him fill you in on that.

Thanks again mate for a great day, had a laugh as always, and I'm sure what you told me about stribo can't possibly be true
    It is true, I have got a performance exhaust that doesn't drone, my chrome bulbs were fitted over 6 months ago, about the same time I gave you yours, and I have HIDs that don't need silly little resistors to work properly.

BTW glad to see you went down on the right Tuesday.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to stribo For This Useful Post:

V70 Graham (Tuesday 28th January 2014)

Driving Miss Daisy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,171 Times in 2,943 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stribo View Post
    It is true, I have got a performance exhaust that doesn't drone, my chrome bulbs were fitted over 6 months ago, about the same time I gave you yours, and I have HIDs that don't need silly little resistors to work properly.
    Good answer my slim friend.

Quote Originally Posted by stribo View Post
    BTW glad to see you went down on the right Tuesday.
    As you know I soooo very nearly made the trip LAST week.....would have been embarrassing.

The Relentless Pursuit Of Perfection

Thread Information