Join Today

Thread: Devastated

Hybrid View

5 pot heart of a Volvo
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,683 Times in 4,419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stribo View Post
    Try telling Frankie that.
    as someone who has bent more rods than most you think i would be the one to know not you, that rod i bent in the grey 850r i drove it to all the way to spain and back and it was still ticking, yes it was quieter but the noise will never fully go, when i bought the s70r the rod was knocking and that noise wasnt going anywhere, it was ££££ed.

Still more fettling needed,
    will it never end?
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,587 Times in 3,404 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by T5frankie View Post
    as someone who has bent more rods than most you think i would be the one to know not you, that rod i bent in the grey 850r i drove it to all the way to spain and back and it was still ticking, yes it was quieter but the noise will never fully go, when i bought the s70r the rod was knocking and that noise wasnt going anywhere, it was ££££ed.
    You may think you know everything about Volvos, just because you've had so many, but all you know is how to break them. I heard it, it was not a follower, and if you're so sure it was a follower, why did you change the engine?

5 pot heart of a Volvo
    Thanks
    You may think you know everything about Volvos, just because you've had so many, but all you know is how to break them. I heard it, it was not a follower, and if you're so sure it was a follower, why did you change the engine?
    because i found and bought a forged engine, the noise of that engine went after a good thrash, not after 100 miles or 1000 miles but instantly, i have no reason to lie whether it was rods or not what difference would that make to me? so you dont think an engine thats been sat for 4 years couldnt develop a sticky follower? yeah i know nothing about these cars? ive done just about everything there is to do on a t5/r but i know nothing

Still more fettling needed,
    will it never end?
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,587 Times in 3,404 Posts
    because i found and bought a forged engine, the noise of that engine went after a good thrash, not after 100 miles or 1000 miles but instantly, i have no reason to lie whether it was rods or not what difference would that make to me? so you dont think an engine thats been sat for 4 years couldnt develop a sticky follower? yeah i know nothing about these cars? ive done just about everything there is to do on a t5/r but i know nothing
    The Volvo expert who doesn't even know the size of the turbo inlet, sounds like you've got other people to do just about everything there is to do to you t5/r. There are people that have done far more to their cars, Oblark, Claymore, Wobbly Dave to name but 3, but are no where near as condescending as you. Maybe you should take other peoples opinions on board, rather than spouting the same old boring, "I know everything about Volvos" crap.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stribo For This Useful Post:

munster732 (Wednesday 29th January 2014),oblark (Wednesday 29th January 2014)

5 pot heart of a Volvo
    Thanks
    The Volvo expert who doesn't even know the size of the turbo inlet, sounds like you've got other people to do just about everything there is to do to you t5/r. There are people that have done far more to their cars, Oblark, Claymore, Wobbly Dave to name but 3, but are no where near as condescending as you. Maybe you should take other peoples opinions on board, rather than spouting the same old boring, "I know everything about Volvos" crap.
    I know more than you so i'm happy with that

This user has no status

Thanks
    I know more than you so i'm happy with that

What one learns one might forget

But

What one has understood one never forgets!

I think in reality you should learn how to drive and treat an engine!

Mercedes C320CDI Sport Estate 3 litre V6 7 Gear Auto
    Remap 290bhp 628Nm torque @ 1600revs 45.1mpg

8. The Following User Says Thank You to 960kg For This Useful Post:

stribo (Wednesday 29th January 2014)

5 pot heart of a Volvo
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 960kg View Post
    What one learns one might forget

But

What one has understood one never forgets!

I think in reality you should learn how to drive and treat an engine!
    Says you who runs well over 20psi with an mbc, nothing different to what I have done before

Ghost Rider
    If I want your opinion, I'll
    ask you to fill out the
    necessary forms
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,921 Times in 1,186 Posts
    Ummmm.

Have you uprated your brakes ??????
    Converted a auto to a 6 speed manual ?????
    Uprated the rear ARB ????

I think not.

I don`t boast about knowing everything about the 850...................

1996 850 T5 AWD - Self tuned M4.4 ECU with COP`s, B5254T ( S60R internals in a 850 block ) ostrich 2.0 , VXR injectors @ 3.8 bar, K24 turbo with a 6+6 compressor wheel, 3.25" MAF, top mounted Dump Valve, RN Exhaust manifold, 3" downpipe with 200 cell cat, 2.75" Stainless exhaust, Brembo calipers, S60R brake discs, stainless RIP kit, 3" Throttle body,

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oblark For This Useful Post:

Kingsford G (Wednesday 29th January 2014),stribo (Wednesday 29th January 2014)

5 pot heart of a Volvo
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by oblark View Post
    Ummmm.

Have you uprated your brakes ??????
    Converted a auto to a 6 speed manual ?????
    Uprated the rear ARB ????

I think not.

I don`t boast about knowing everything about the 850...................
    Dunno what you're jumping in for, what I meant was i've just about replaced every part there is to replace. I wasn't talking about modifying.

Ghost Rider
    If I want your opinion, I'll
    ask you to fill out the
    necessary forms
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,921 Times in 1,186 Posts
    Dunno what you're jumping in for, what I meant was i've just about replaced every part there is to replace. I wasn't talking about modifying.
    I did realise I had to be invited to coment on this post !!!!!!!

I was under the impression this was a public forum.

So Your 3K engine Oh sorry your £750 engine is not a modifcation...................

1996 850 T5 AWD - Self tuned M4.4 ECU with COP`s, B5254T ( S60R internals in a 850 block ) ostrich 2.0 , VXR injectors @ 3.8 bar, K24 turbo with a 6+6 compressor wheel, 3.25" MAF, top mounted Dump Valve, RN Exhaust manifold, 3" downpipe with 200 cell cat, 2.75" Stainless exhaust, Brembo calipers, S60R brake discs, stainless RIP kit, 3" Throttle body,

Thread Information