Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

abs/traction control problem

i am having a problem with my traction control the problem is when I take off normaly the tracton control will flash but the wheels are not spinning but as soon as the abs light comes on it runs fine. when I bout the car I new it had a abs sensor problem so I swapped one from my 2.4 turbo to the 2.3 t5 is that the reason for it being the way it is

228k and still not broke it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 5,648 Posts
    Nope, there's something else going on there, probably a reluctor ring. Are you sure you're not spinning a wheel and not hearing it? I get that with mine sometimes.
    19t, greens, 3" inlet, 3" downpipe with race cat, V70R catback, autotech map...

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

2016 Swedish Day UK "Best Modified Swede"
    SOLD

Got an old discovery now.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by M-R-P View Post
    Nope, there's something else going on there, probably a reluctor ring. Are you sure you're not spinning a wheel and not hearing it? I get that with mine sometimes.
    no spoke to the Volvo garage up here and they said its a cracked or broken abs ring

If in doubt thrash it and see
    what happens
    Thanks
    Having replaced ABS module, and LF wheel sensor, an dthen had MOT failure for ABS light being on, took itin for a code read. 3-1-1 intermittent fault on LH wheel sensor. DOH!!
    Asked electrician to check more thoroughly - cracked reluctor ring - almost invisible - he found it once, then could not find it again to show his colleague.

At last I know what the problem is. The intermittent fault is lilkely to be a missing or cracked tooth or a wiring fault. The Ecu wants to see a stead stream of pulses - if it misses one every revolution, that counts as intermittent or it may try and trigger the ABS first if it thinks the wheel is locked.

Good luck with yours, but start with a code read or you will spend money on things that aint broke.

P.S I ordered the bits, will do a "how to change reluctor rings " when I get round to it after me hols.
    Last edited by woz; Saturday 6th July 2013 at 12:09. Reason: added p.s.

Thread Information