Join Today
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Mpg....

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dave
    wot size tanks are u guys running in the older t5's??, mine will do 360/80 to a full tank

dave
    Well if he ot 56 ltrs in it, It won't be a smaller tank,
    even though i read somewhere they might have fitted a smaller tank on some of the later cars.
    V40 2.0T Sport Lux Titanium grey,(03) 133k,standard
    Yamaha R1 5VY,(06) 180bhp/165whp,100nm

Andrew
    This user has no status
    Quote Originally Posted by siamblue
    Well if he ot 56 ltrs in it, It won't be a smaller tank,
    even though i read somewhere they might have fitted a smaller tank on some of the later cars.
    70 litres I believe...

Suspended
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew
    70 litres I believe...
    yep, same as mine, you guys with low mpg, must have lead feet! lol

dave

Suspended
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    I filled uptoday, 23,5mpg, mint as lol.

Andrew
    This user has no status
    One other factor I just thought about..... apart from the weight of the car there is the weight of the driver... makes all the difference. I'm not small in anyone's books, Dragon is also a big lad where as SiamBlue is a skinny wee thing

Those with higher mileage - are you big or small ?

This user has no status
    Thanks
    The 29m mpg Ive just got was loaded up with me (Ilike a odd pie or twenty)Mrsvikingt5(no pies)all our luggage and two not exactly small doggies.

Andrew
    This user has no status
    It seems very much down to the car - just talking to the lad who had a V70R p1 AWD and he is only getting 23 (Non RICAd).... and it's only got 60k on the clock.

Suspended
    This user has no status

Thanks
    herman munster wrote:
    'What you missed was the fact that half of those miles were motorway cruising, so you expect a higher return (well, I do)'

no. i noticed from your previous post that half of your driving was not on motorways and i expect around 24mpg across time as i said before, but your driving an auto which should be slightly heavier on fuel. as to the windows, i reckon you're getting excited and steaming them up whilst your pressing the 'go' switch too much. and if you're driving with your windows down (unsteaming the car), that'll impact on fuel consumption too!;-)

i suggest a cup of camomile tea and slip on a cardigan before going for a drive and then press the pedal a bit lighter. i had low fuel consumption when i first got mine and a friend suggested i wear slippers! how i laughed, but he was serious as it'd worked for him in the past.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    One other factor I just thought about..... apart from the weight of the car there is the weight of the driver... makes all the difference. I'm not small in anyone's books, Dragon is also a big lad where as SiamBlue is a skinny wee thing

Those with higher mileage - are you big or small ?

At my age i won't take that as offensive lol, maybe it's the diet ( mainly rice & no fried food/packet foods i am on?
    anyone thought of the auto/manual thing with fuel? hehe....

Andrew
    This user has no status
    I've had mine in instant mpg the last few days and with only a little bit off acceleration I can get instant mpg of single figures... makes the overall average pretty low.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I've had mine in instant mpg the last few days and with only a little bit off acceleration I can get instant mpg of single figures... makes the overall average pretty low.
    I can if i so wish get high teens, you can watch the gauge move after boosting,

Andrew
    This user has no status
    Quote Originally Posted by siamblue
    I can if i so wish get high teens, you can watch the gauge move after boosting,
    Average MPG in high teens is not uncommon but I'm talking about the setting on the trip computer that shows the MPG your doing at any given time.

When accelerating even at low revs it can go into low teens and even in some cases into single figures. Only when I lift slightly and stick her into a low rev cruise do I get over 20 - guess thats why on my current car I'm averaging about 22mpg

I might try the slipper thing

Suspended
    This user has no status

Thanks
    incidentally, a good way to learn to drive these things with fuel economy is watch what cruise control does....

Suspended
    This user has no status

Thanks
    'I've had mine in instant mpg the last few days and with only a little bit off acceleration I can get instant mpg of single figures... makes the overall average pretty low.'

are you deliberately trying to confuse matters? lol i've seen mine as low as 5mpg whilst it's been running following a coolant change...... and it went nowhere!

Andrew
    This user has no status
    Quote Originally Posted by weasel
    are you deliberately trying to confuse matters? lol i've seen mine as low as 5mpg whilst it's been running following a coolant change...... and it went nowhere!
    Erm that's messed up then - cos the instant mpg shouldn't kick in if your not moving - mine just goes to a series of dashes...

This user has no status

Thanks
    18mph on a good day, but a set of front tyres in a month

Andrew
    This user has no status
    Quote Originally Posted by deer hunter
    18mph on a good day, but a set of front tyres in a month
    slow traffic around your way... mpg per chance

Suspended
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Average MPG in high teens is not uncommon but I'm talking about the setting on the trip computer that shows the MPG your doing at any given time.

When accelerating even at low revs it can go into low teens and even in some cases into single figures. Only when I lift slightly and stick her into a low rev cruise do I get over 20 - guess thats why on my current car I'm averaging about 22mpg

I might try the slipper thing
    ok, who can get the lowest instant fig??, ive seen into the 3's mpg with mine, i will keep a eye on it over next week, for more detailed fig

dave

This user has no status

Thanks
    sometimes i worry about my '98 S70 T5....it gets average 17.3mpg (according to the control panel)

Andrew
    This user has no status
    Quote Originally Posted by neurocache
    sometimes i worry about my '98 S70 T5....it gets average 17.3mpg (according to the control panel)
    Not uncommon depending on how quick you drive it and the roads you drive on - if you do a lot of driving in 5th on a motorway at a steady pace I would expect more.

Thats why it's worth sticking it on instant MPG and just trying to keep it as high as possible - it teaches you a lot about your driving skill. I drive all the time into high revs it costs me in mpg.

Thread Information