Join Today
    Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,121 Posts

fuel pressure sensor

looks like mine has gone, any one else had this fail on a t5. what were your symptoms. also what it cost you if you did have it fail

Demented Tonka Toy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,758 Times in 1,256 Posts
    syptoms was instant and total cutting out, momentarily.... a couple of times.

Then it would recover and be OK for a while.

BSR stage 3, BSR Stainless Exhaust, Vibratechnics gearbox Mount, OZ 17" Superturismo Alloys, Bell FMIC, LED Side lights, LED interior Lights, Tinted Windows, Eibach Sports Springs, K&N Air Intake, 3" Sports Cat and Downpipe, Debadged, EST Strut Brace, EST Grille, Black Moose Stickers, Bilstein B8 Dampers, Fully Polybushed, CC3 all round, CF Wingmirrors
    Release the Monkey inside of you >>> Trunk Monkey

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by graemewelch View Post
    looks like mine has gone, any one else had this fail on a t5. what were your symptoms. also what it cost you if you did have it fail
    There are a few symptoms depending on how knackered the sensor is.
    Basically.....Non start. Irratic idle. Loss of power. Irratic high idle and driving. Can be intermittant too.

Mine packed up in the summer and it caused the car to just cut out. Then it would start and run but had no power.

On the P2 T5 and R they are £151.50 + VAT + Fitting.

I had my WHIPS brackets replaced at the same time so my total bill was £358.

The difference was awesome with the new sensor. Car drove alot nicerand cold idle was massively improved. Must have been on its way out for several months and a gradual decline in performance meant i hardly noticed until it caused the cars running problems.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

Thread Information