Join Today
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Sorry but that interior is vomit inducing, oops, someone beat me to it.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I must be a funny bugger then, cause I really like it!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to dave stew For This Useful Post:

p fandango (Wednesday 14th September 2011)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pliskin View Post
    Sorry but that interior is vomit inducing, oops, someone beat me to it.
    I think that the orange interior is sweet!!

More cars than a Showroom
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,624 Times in 1,141 Posts
    I went in to have a drive of this car but it was sold. NEVER buy from AC there sales people are all donkeys. I've walked out there with a face like a smacked arse more times than i can remember!!!!
    Thanks
    Martyn

Demented Tonka Toy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,758 Times in 1,256 Posts
    AC are the spawn of the devil... I've heard SO many horror stories from clients, and a recommendation NEVER to buy from them ( in confidence ) from a friend who is an AC employee!

Just say NO!

BSR stage 3, BSR Stainless Exhaust, Vibratechnics gearbox Mount, OZ 17" Superturismo Alloys, Bell FMIC, LED Side lights, LED interior Lights, Tinted Windows, Eibach Sports Springs, K&N Air Intake, 3" Sports Cat and Downpipe, Debadged, EST Strut Brace, EST Grille, Black Moose Stickers, Bilstein B8 Dampers, Fully Polybushed, CC3 all round, CF Wingmirrors
    Release the Monkey inside of you >>> Trunk Monkey

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by t5_monkey View Post
    AC are the spawn of the devil... I've heard SO many horror stories from clients, and a recommendation NEVER to buy from them ( in confidence ) from a friend who is an AC employee!

Just say NO!
    The sales people are mostly un helpful and i usually get treated as though im a tire kicker even though i was 19 when i first turned up in a saffy R and even when i had a almost brand new C70 they still went to talk to other people before me.

So anyway I went in looking for that R and the salesman had very little clue he said he thought it was sold a couple of days ago, he went and found out and said yes i remember it getting sold now. WRONG it got transferred to another dealer were then it was sold. my dads a good digger

He said what price range are you looking at I said 13-14K (totally lying out my rear im poor lol) and he said we have nothing here for you. ah i love feeling like the **** on there shoes. even if im sure i make a good bit more green than they do
    Thanks
    Martyn

Demented Tonka Toy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    the Miracle is how they continue to be in business...

BSR stage 3, BSR Stainless Exhaust, Vibratechnics gearbox Mount, OZ 17" Superturismo Alloys, Bell FMIC, LED Side lights, LED interior Lights, Tinted Windows, Eibach Sports Springs, K&N Air Intake, 3" Sports Cat and Downpipe, Debadged, EST Strut Brace, EST Grille, Black Moose Stickers, Bilstein B8 Dampers, Fully Polybushed, CC3 all round, CF Wingmirrors

Shiny Superstar
    Back in the game!
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,484 Times in 2,466 Posts
    I really like it but the wheels are a bit tatty. The dale winton interior is awesome.
    Volvo ABS ECU Repair
    Join my projecteers tribe - Old Volvos Never Die - They just get faster.

Visit my VPCUK garage and my YouTube channel - WobblyDave72

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Never a fan of buying from dealers. It's that 'getting dressed for a job interview to be taken seriously' lark. Pathetic.

Demented Tonka Toy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Main Dealers are some of the worst salesman I've ever come across, I've had people try harder to sell me a cup of coffee.
    Last edited by t5_monkey; Thursday 15th September 2011 at 08:46.

This user has no status

Thanks
    £260 year insurance ?.....yeh right

This user has no status
    Thanks

V70r awd

My V70R AWD costs me £237 this year!!!!
    Thats fully comp & Protected...but it does bugger all miles....

It will have to go soon as my new pickup will be arriving in a month or two.....so if anyone is interested PM me...(sensible offers)

Old Fat Git with Grey Beard
    Need to prepare to do
    Santa-ing
    Thanks
    Thanked 102,999 Times in 1,826 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by volvokid View Post
    The sales people are mostly un helpful and i usually get treated as though im a tire kicker even though i was 19 when i first turned up in a saffy R and even when i had a almost brand new C70 they still went to talk to other people before me.

So anyway I went in looking for that R and the salesman had very little clue he said he thought it was sold a couple of days ago, he went and found out and said yes i remember it getting sold now. WRONG it got transferred to another dealer were then it was sold. my dads a good digger

He said what price range are you looking at I said 13-14K (totally lying out my rear im poor lol) and he said we have nothing here for you. ah i love feeling like the **** on there shoes. even if im sure i make a good bit more green than they do
    I have the other issue, I usually get leaped on even though I usually go to car dealerships looking like a sack of ****
    Any suggestions, information, complaints or grievances relating to this forum please feel free to contact us, talk to a mod or administrator

Cars : 2009 VW Passat CC 140 CR & 2015 VW Golf R. Uploaded Albums. Past Statuses (Or is that Stati?). Past Posts.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Id like to get leaped on lol.
    Thanks
    Martyn

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by santa20 View Post
    I have the other issue, I usually get leaped on even though I usually go to car dealerships looking like a sack of ****
    That's 'cos they think you'll buy any old crap and not know what you're looking at, also they'll get the commission on the loan you're obviously gonna need.
    Better dressed usually means better educated, more likely to know what you're looking at, and more likely to have the money to buy it outright. They get the sale, maybe, but you are more work and lower commission, while they're dealing with your hard questions they could have processed two thickos.....

Old Fat Git with Grey Beard
    Need to prepare to do
    Santa-ing
    Thanks
    Thanked 102,999 Times in 1,826 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeBloke View Post
    That's 'cos they think you'll buy any old crap and not know what you're looking at, also they'll get the commission on the loan you're obviously gonna need.
    Better dressed usually means better educated, more likely to know what you're looking at, and more likely to have the money to buy it outright. They get the sale, maybe, but you are more work and lower commission, while they're dealing with your hard questions they could have processed two thickos.....
    Going in a damn suit next time ;-)
    Any suggestions, information, complaints or grievances relating to this forum please feel free to contact us, talk to a mod or administrator

Cars : 2009 VW Passat CC 140 CR & 2015 VW Golf R. Uploaded Albums. Past Statuses (Or is that Stati?). Past Posts.

This user has no status

Thanks
    I wouldn't touch that car with a bargepole and if anyone on here has bought it I wish them much luck...

It was previously owned by a guy called Orrin who was on here a bit at one time and who had experienced a catalogue of issues one of which was when the front diff (angle gear) seized on the M25 and had to be literally dragged onto a recovery truck.

I looked to buy this when I bought my R some 5 years back and it was a can of worms then too having been used as a Volvo Freedom Day demo car and had been ragged round tracks within an inch of death.

Am amazed it's still running. So, it may look a bit on the tatty side in places but that's just the tip of the iceberg!

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by burchi View Post
    I wouldn't touch that car with a bargepole ........

Thanks. Had not seen this thread until 5minutes ago.

Only this past weekend started dialogue over this exact vehicle.

Staurt @ AC, in the event that you are reading this. Now you may appreciate why I wanted a run down of the FSH........the fact that nobody could get into the safe is

GL420CDi - "monster truck with 7 seats" . S60 SE EUIV DIESEL - Commuting .
    Honda CBR1000 aka Fireblade - "mid life crisis"

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by burchi View Post
    I wouldn't touch that car with a bargepole and if anyone on here has bought it I wish them much luck...

It was previously owned by a guy called Orrin who was on here a bit at one time and who had experienced a catalogue of issues one of which was when the front diff (angle gear) seized on the M25 and had to be literally dragged onto a recovery truck.

I looked to buy this when I bought my R some 5 years back and it was a can of worms then too having been used as a Volvo Freedom Day demo car and had been ragged round tracks within an inch of death.

Am amazed it's still running. So, it may look a bit on the tatty side in places but that's just the tip of the iceberg!
    But do any of us know what a s/h motor has been used for in a previous ownership,even a private one owner with ?low? mileage and FSH.

T5R+ you should phone 01224249787/01224249777 and speak to Raymond Donald,Mike Johnstone and tell them of your experience with the branch.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Jimmie For This Useful Post:

volvokid (Tuesday 20th September 2011)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie View Post
    But do any of us know what a s/h motor has been used for in a previous ownership,even a private one owner with ?low? mileage and FSH.

T5R+ you should phone 01224249787/01224249777 and speak to Raymond Donald,Mike Johnstone and tell them of your experience with the branch.
    Very true unless buying new, u never really know what your getting, hence why i hate buying cars
    Thanks
    Martyn

Thread Information