Join Today

Hybrid View

a 19t just isn't laggy enough
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 4,072 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnytempest View Post
    need a chat with you about a single wiper
    i'm desperate for one to give it that touring car look and the reduced drag will benefit also.

I tried using the rear wiper mech of an estate but it goes too far round, a true 180, so now i have pretty much tried everything with all the bits i have, but still cant get it from side to side without going off the screen or not going far enough, very frustrating
    LINK, i'll pm you my phone number incase you get stuck

did you get your shift-light fitted?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,313 Times in 877 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by p fandango View Post
    LINK, i'll pm you my phone number incase you get stuck

did you get your shift-light fitted?
    shift light works great thanks to you.
    the link you sent i cant access! doh!

but i was reading your thread on here about single wipers.

am i right in thinking its the link from the motor to the main bar which determines how far the wiper goes???

a 19t just isn't laggy enough
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 4,072 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnytempest View Post
    shift light works great thanks to you.
    the link you sent i cant access! doh!

but i was reading your thread on here about single wipers.

am i right in thinking its the link from the motor to the main bar which determines how far the wiper goes???
    just glad i traced it back to the right wire lol

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro Fandango View Post
    i wasn't going to post about this until it was totally finished & on BT, put after a trial run & seeing that it works as planned with only a few minor problems to fix i thought why not.

the single wiper in the park position, altho once i get the straight arm i think i'm going to have it parking up the screen (BTCC style)

this is the maximum sweep of the arm, as you can see it doesn't miss much of the screen & even surprised me how much area it covers

standard mechanism on top & the modified one underneath, i cut off the drivers side spindle housing to save weight but had to leave the rest of the unused arm because its unstable with just the one mounting point

the technical bit, only original parts off 1 mechanism have been used (just cut & welded to fit differently)

standard spindle with the un-used arm took off just so you can see everything

the modified spindle with the drivers wiper arm ball joint cut out & the used passenger ball joint welded back on the correct distance from the pivot point to give the full sweep

the only reason its not staying on is because the standard volvo wiper blades kink up away from the skuttle panel & hits the bonnet when it sweeps right across to the drivers side. Not sure what blade will do but i'm going to try a Fiat Uno one to see

Thread Information