Join Today
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Beer Baron
    Nice to have some power again.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,466 Times in 1,996 Posts
    The fueling should be fine on your car. The 16t can be run at 1.2bar on whites.
    "The problem with internet quotes, is that you don't know if they're real or not" - Abraham Lincoln

This user has no status
    Thanks
    cleaning the engine the other day and took off the shroud over the injectors, where the leads plug into the injectors the injectors are white
    1) is this the colour of the injectors
    2) if so are whites std on the Rs
    3) are whites good injectors
    thought i would ask as its been years since i played around with cars performance wise and also never worried about injectors in the past LOL
    V70R FWD 97 Auto Black, Strut Brace, Polybush top mount,RipSpeed Inverted Cone Filter, Silicone Vac Hoses

Beer Baron
    Nice to have some power again.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,466 Times in 1,996 Posts
    Yep, whites are standard on the s/v70r (4.4.motronic).
    As i'v said above they are fine with the turbo on your car (16t) up to 1.2 bar.

Possibly 1.3.

Smithy has told me this and its smithy who will be sorting my car when i get an mbc and setting it up, see if we can find out if its running well.
    Last edited by LiamT4; Thursday 24th March 2011 at 19:07.
    "The problem with internet quotes, is that you don't know if they're real or not" - Abraham Lincoln

VPCUK Car of the Year 2013
    Jim
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,282 Times in 3,549 Posts
    Sorry about the accuracy of the guage mate, it's been sitting in my box of bits for the last couple of years, i thought it was in good working order.

T35, 556Nm/410lbft & 361BHP/317WHP

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jamest5r For This Useful Post:

kee1173 (Thursday 24th March 2011)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Not a problem at all mate, really appreciate it.....did nt notice it untill i came on here anyway ..lol
    Should it have been on 0 then, basically opened up package and saw it pointing at 10, so thought then, well call that 0....but once fitted to car the needle went to -3 at idle then on full throttle 20/21 psi ....well if it is incorrect it cheered me right up....LOL
    as they say you cant complain for nought....Thanks again James still owe you one..
    V70R FWD 97 Auto Black, Strut Brace, Polybush top mount,RipSpeed Inverted Cone Filter, Silicone Vac Hoses

VPCUK Car of the Year 2013
    Jim
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,282 Times in 3,549 Posts
    You changed that throttle cable yet? it will make a massive difference to the way the car drives.

T35, 556Nm/410lbft & 361BHP/317WHP

This user has no status
    Thanks
    No not yet, waiting to here from Rufe about a strut brace, seen an OE on ebay for £70 inc postage, New just see if he can do better, but will ask him about a throttle cable, did tighten it up as really slack and now a lot better but still stiff...
    But gotta ask him for a few more bits like Distributor cap, rotor, and plug leads to finish stage 0...also asked him about PCV renewal, the complete lot.... so getting there...
    Looking at buying Stu s Dump valve but need to get a blanking plate, hopefully get all these bits done over the next few months then get her down to a cuple of meets....

5 pot heart of a Volvo
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,683 Times in 4,419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kee1173 View Post
    No not yet, waiting to here from Rufe about a strut brace, seen an OE on ebay for £70 inc postage, New just see if he can do better, but will ask him about a throttle cable, did tighten it up as really slack and now a lot better but still stiff...
    But gotta ask him for a few more bits like Distributor cap, rotor, and plug leads to finish stage 0...also asked him about PCV renewal, the complete lot.... so getting there...
    Looking at buying Stu s Dump valve but need to get a blanking plate, hopefully get all these bits done over the next few months then get her down to a cuple of meets....
    pedro has a strut brace for £50

10. The Following User Says Thank You to T5frankie For This Useful Post:

p fandango (Thursday 24th March 2011)

a 19t just isn't laggy enough
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 4,072 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leighkaicraigmia View Post
    pedro has a strut brace for £50
    Topcats already reserved it

12. The Following User Says Thank You to p fandango For This Useful Post:

T5frankie (Thursday 24th March 2011)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by p fandango View Post
    Topcats already reserved it
    I did remember you having one but had seen the post where you had reseved it for TC....might go with this one i saw on Ebay which i thought was a good price but wait to hear from Rufe first...

Thanks
    I did remember you having one but had seen the post where you had reseved it for TC....might go with this one i saw on Ebay which i thought was a good price but wait to hear from Rufe first...
    think there about £63 from Rufe, not sure if thats including delivery

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Similar then, Ebay was £64.00 plus £6.00 p&P, may order this one but need to get other bits from Rufe anyway, Asked my uncle who has a Motor Spares for a distributor cap and with family discount the best he could was £25.00, £12 for rotor arm and £45.00 for the leads, sure the caps and rotors are cheaper from Volvo not so sure about the leads tho....

Thanks
    Asked my uncle who has a Motor Spares for a distributor cap and with family discount the best he could was £25.00, £12 for rotor arm and £45.00 for the leads, sure the caps and rotors are cheaper from Volvo not so sure about the leads tho....
    that does seem dear for the cap & arm, but thinking about it i'm not sure i've ever replaced BT's lol. I got performance leads from Halfrauds for £40

This user has no status
    Thanks
    thats family for you....LOL

Thread Information