Join Today
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hose kit

OH DEAR
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,711 Times in 2,752 Posts
    no need to take the head sheild off theres 4 x 4mm ID vac hoses get 2 mtrs worth and you will have enough but buy reinforced vac hoses so they dont implode or expand

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Well this is interesting guys. I told my story to Simon @ FRF Swansea who is saying the ECU engine code 414 is the boost control solenoid.I have also been out and had a look at the BCS and the hoses which to me dont seem that bad.The tech said the hose was crumbling but unless its some other pipe none of them appear to be in this condition ?

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I am not a confident mechanic I so want to be and somehow feel I am lacking something by not working on my car myself.My dad was a mechanic but never passed his skills to me to be honest we have sadly not spoken for many years.So having slept on it I decided to get it done & dusted and book the car in with Hallmark Volvo who carried out the diagnosis.Although they were perfectly polite I think I have just pissed them off which was completely unintentional.Sorry Mike/Andrew if you ever read this thread.

Apologies to pookie also if he reads this as I seem to have got it all wrong and may have pissed off a lot of people

This user has no status
    Thanks
    its a shame your in cheshire. But your always welcome to bob along to mine if you need owt doing your unsure of (providing I can do it!) For something like vac lines it would still be cheaper to come up North a bit than getting it done at the dealers.
    The offer is there if you ever need it anyway bud.

Bailey dump valve + Boost gauge + Manual boost controller + K&N induction kit + Powerflow cat back exhaust + Strut Brace + Bilstein shock n sports springs with 40mm drop
    = very fast and still turns corners

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mightywolf View Post
    its a shame your in cheshire. But your always welcome to bob along to mine if you need owt doing your unsure of (providing I can do it!) For something like vac lines it would still be cheaper to come up North a bit than getting it done at the dealers.
    The offer is there if you ever need it anyway bud.
    Sorry all was feeling a little sorry for myself earlier need to snap out of it especially when there are members so much worse off than I am for instance V70ETS, GregE102 & Mr PA.

Thanks for your offer MW it really is very kind of you and I really genuinely appreciate it.Pookie has also kindly offered to help me out but understandably he has other engagements and wont be available for a while.I am truly grateful for any offers of assistance if Im honest.

The car seems to be running fine but being a worrier and the wife now telling me she will need my car soon to take her and my daughter to a concert and it being a long run I don’t want to risk a breakdown.

What did you use to make up the vac lines MW.Im also wondering if I need to change the BCS as Ive read they rarely become faulty yet Simon (Rufe) believes the 414 fault code is the BCS ?
    Last edited by macp; Wednesday 12th January 2011 at 22:12.

"The Instigator"
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,912 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Macp, if you weren't 200 miles away I would come and do the job for you, you need no more than £15 worth of vac line or preferably fuel line off the shelf from any good high street motor shop. Its an easy job although I appreciate nothing is easy unless you know how.

I have a spare BCS you can have and I can have it posted to you on Friday if it saves you some money.
    Arguing is pointless....she may not be right but she's never wrong

Tell her a remap is just having your satnav updated.....

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by V70ETS View Post
    Macp, if you weren't 200 miles away I would come and do the job for you, you need no more than £15 worth of vac line or preferably fuel line off the shelf from any good high street motor shop. Its an easy job although I appreciate nothing is easy unless you know how.

I have a spare BCS you can have and I can have it posted to you on Friday if it saves you some money.
    You are a gentleman I will have a look round for some hose.Thanks for the offer of the BCS man I would be really grateful.If it makes no difference I will return it to you or perhaps I could send you some money for it or offer some help in return.Name it mate

"The Instigator"
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by macp View Post
    You are a gentleman I will have a look round for some hose.Thanks for the offer of the BCS man I would be really grateful.If it makes no difference I will return it to you or perhaps I could send you some money for it or offer some help in return.Name it mate
    No problem at all, If you send me your address Ill have it in the post on either Friday or Saturday, don't worry about money I have a couple lying around and I can get packaging from work.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by V70ETS View Post
    No problem at all, If you send me your address Ill have it in the post on either Friday or Saturday, don't worry about money I have a couple lying around and I can get packaging from work.
    PM sent

Seriously though if there is anything I can do in return just let me know.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to macp For This Useful Post:

The Flying Moose (Wednesday 12th January 2011)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    This looks about right guys what do you think ?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

"The Instigator"
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    That would work but for strength and longevity I would buy fuel hose like this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/3M-x-5mm-I-D-B...item3a537dc7d1

13. The Following User Says Thank You to The Flying Moose For This Useful Post:

macp (Friday 14th January 2011)

a 19t just isn't laggy enough
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 4,072 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by macp View Post
    This looks about right guys what do you think ?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT
    the small diameter silicone hose like that has got no integral strength & been known to balloon with the pressure

15. The Following User Says Thank You to p fandango For This Useful Post:

macp (Friday 14th January 2011)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I just used some 5mm rubber vac hose I had kicking about in my cellar! I will be upgrading it to some fuel hose soon though. Don't want to be worrying about it perishing too fast.
    I've always got loads of Volvo bits kicking about aswell if you ever need owt (got beat too it this time!)
    And like I said if you ever need a hand or any bits just gimme a shout.
    Mark.

Bailey dump valve + Boost gauge + Manual boost controller + K&N induction kit + Powerflow cat back exhaust + Strut Brace + Bilstein shock n sports springs with 40mm drop

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanks Mark your a gent and I genuinely appreciate the offer.I may yet end up taking you up on it.

At this stage I think I want to have a go myself.Thats assuming I have the tools required.I have a half decent socket set and a few spanners etc.Will this do ?

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Yep it'll do. Depends what clips are on the vac lines at the moment. You should only need summat to snip the new hose and a screwdriver really. I picked up some small size 8 hose clips from my local motor spares shop. Only a few pence each and far better than jubilee clips. They clamp the pipe without nipping the rubber or cutting into it (which can happen if you over tighten a jubilee clip).
    The best way to learn is to have a go! Take em off one at a time and replace each one as you go.
    Easy

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I could just send a pm but I want everyone to know what a top bloke emlyn (V70ETS) is although I guess you all know that.

Cheers buddy BCS arrived in the post safe & sound.

Thread Information