Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

Welding manifold? (possibly Wanted!)

Hello all,

Well I have had a blowing pot on the S70, it used to go quiet when she warmed up, but not any more. Ho-hum, 5 gaskets from Rufe thank you I thought, but sadly having strippped it down and off the car, I have a crack in no.1 runner. (see pic)

So, has anyone welded one of these successfully, or who has a good 2nd hand one they'll sell me?! (2.5 10v)

And I have to say that despite it all being 12yrs old and untouched, everything came apart like it was assembled yesterday, superb quality.

TIA Tim..

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,783 Times in 1,506 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by timbo_1975 View Post
    Hello all,

Well I have had a blowing pot on the S70, it used to go quiet when she warmed up, but not any more. Ho-hum, 5 gaskets from Rufe thank you I thought, but sadly having strippped it down and off the car, I have a crack in no.1 runner. (see pic)

So, has anyone welded one of these successfully, or who has a good 2nd hand one they'll sell me?! (2.5 10v)

And I have to say that despite it all being 12yrs old and untouched, everything came apart like it was assembled yesterday, superb quality.

TIA Tim..
    i would get intouch with salvo or nads if i was you and get a good second one than trying to weld that one.i know that nads has got a couple of n/a in his yard

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I've welded manifolds in the past with varying results (not always successful welding cast) but it's not a good idea welding it when it isn't bolted to the head as the runners tend to warp and then it will never seal.

Thread Information