Join Today

Thread: knowledge

This user has no status
    Thanks

knowledge

When people/owners are talking about their 850 Volvo, they seem to either say they have an 854 or an 855. Now I guess this relates to a saloon and a estate respectively, but why are the cars not badged as this?

Sorry if this has been discussed in the past, also, but I am still new to the Volvo world.

Also is there a thread that documents the differences between a T5-R and a R
    Darren

Suspended
    This user has no status

In the Scottish boonies,at the bottom of a pint tumbler..
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Libra View Post
    When people/owners are talking about their 850 Volvo, they seem to either say they have an 854 or an 855. Now I guess this relates to a saloon and a estate respectively, but why are the cars not badged as this?

Sorry if this has been discussed in the past, also, but I am still new to the Volvo world.

Also is there a thread that documents the differences between a T5-R and a R
    The 850 was never designated as anything else. Just a code on here so everyone knows if a saloon or estate. The differences between the T5R and R are few. The R has an LSD and a permanent 250bhp as opposed to the T5R's 240bhp,30 sec overboost. Also the R has the 16T blower. There are some interior differences also,ie the seats are alcantara in the centre as opposed to the bolsters. Oh and the titan wheels in place of volans.....HTH.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to AlanG For This Useful Post:

Libra (Tuesday 1st September 2009)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    The third digit was made into a generic '0' in the early 80's when the 240's and 340' etc were around. Not sure why. Before that, you did get 145, 244, 245, 265, 345, etc.

Haven't really answered your question at all have I?!

Meet Abby, an elegant lady... Still, very willing to go topless in public. All I gotta do is push the right buttons...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Cubes For This Useful Post:

Libra (Tuesday 1st September 2009)

Suspended
    This user has no status

Thanks

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Cubes View Post
    The third digit was made into a generic '0' in the early 80's when the 240's and 340' etc were around. Not sure why. Before that, you did get 145, 244, 245, 265, 345, etc.

Haven't really answered your question at all have I?!
    Tesco.........every little helps...

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I thought there might be a genuine reason as to why there is a name change on the forums so members know what you are on about and is less to type than 850 saloon or estate.

Thanks for your inputs. I am kinda tempted to sell my R and maybe get an 854 of some sort as I think they look better and should be a lot cheaper to run.
    Darren

This user has no status
    Thanks
    DON'T DO IT! Estates rule! Ok, so I have a coupe, but if I didn't I would have a V70!

Meet Abby, an elegant lady... Still, very willing to go topless in public. All I gotta do is push the right buttons...

Suspended
    This user has no status

Thanks

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Libra View Post
    I thought there might be a genuine reason as to why there is a name change on the forums so members know what you are on about and is less to type than 850 saloon or estate.

Thanks for your inputs. I am kinda tempted to sell my R and maybe get an 854 of some sort as I think they look better and should be a lot cheaper to run.
    Can't see any reason why the saloon would be cheaper to run as they all use the same running gear with very little difference in weight. Agree that the saloon looks better though..but then.I would say that..

Suspended
    This user has no status

Thanks

Exclamation

[QUOTE=Cubes;253781]DON'T DO IT! Estates rule! Ok.

GAY!!

This user has no status
    Thanks
    [quote=AlanG;253784]
    DON'T DO IT! Estates rule! Ok.

GAY!!
    Estates are for REAL men, such as lumberjacks who have to transport wood for making fire.

Saloons are for the 'light-fingered' who only have to transport cushions upon which to rest their weary heads after a hard day's knitting.

And that's how it is!

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Apologies to those lumberjacks who have a saloon as their 2nd car. That's acceptable.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Cubes For This Useful Post:

Al115 (Tuesday 1st September 2009)

Suspended
    This user has no status

Thanks

Talking

[quote=Cubes;253786]
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanG View Post

Estates are for REAL men, such as lumberjacks who have to transport wood for making fire.

Saloons are for the 'light-fingered' who only have to transport cushions upon which to rest their weary heads after a hard day's knitting.

And that's how it is!
    Monty Python explained the lumber jack situation 40 years ago....suspendies and high heels........hmmmmmm.....not on a man though..

This user has no status
    Thanks
    [quote=AlanG;253788]

Monty Python explained the lumber jack situation 40 years ago....suspendies and high heels........hmmmmmm.....not on a man though..

This is the real truth about who and what lumberjacks are:

Click me. Go on, you know you want to...

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Cubes For This Useful Post:

AlanG (Tuesday 1st September 2009)

Suspended
    This user has no status

Thanks

Talking

Nice one..

This user has no status
    Thanks
    The 850's (855 and 854) have that designation on the fuel sticker inside the fuel filler cap , well mine does atleast! (Have to agree estate's are better)
    It's a ROCKET PROPELLED ARMCHAIR, and I LOVE IT
    Current mods :ZTRONS cd/dvd touchscreen headunit, Clear side repeaters, Zenon effect headlamp bulbs, Equus turbo boost guage, Front strut brace, R-SPEC MBC, NGK Iridium 10 plugs, 40mm lowered springs, Powerflow 3' stainless steel cat back exhaust ending in a 4' outwardly rolled tailpipe ("Volvo's....... Theyre boxy, but theyre good")

VPCUK Car of the Year 2013
    Jim
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,282 Times in 3,549 Posts
    Estates

Lashing it up with binding
    twine.
    Thanks
    [quote=Cubes;253786]
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanG View Post

And that's how it is!
    Couldn't agree more.

Old Fart
    Weston on the Mud Somerset or in it if you get the tide wrong.
    Thanks
    Estates are with out a doubt the best way to go. How else could you get all a daughters gear to Uni' and still have enough room to carry an over night bag for a visit to the Avon Raceway?

Saloons "cough" "cough" Ever tried carrying rolls of fabric in a saloon when the rolls are the full length of the bed of the vehicle?

I admit I did do a run back from Manchester in our old 740 estate some years ago, and we were so well loaded that the headlights seemed to be acting like searchlights.
    “If people let the government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as the souls who live under tyranny.” Thomas Jefferson (1778)

Did you know the EU says that you can't claim that drinking water prevents dehydration. So now you know for sure what many of have known for years that the EU is run by a bunch of nutters.

Thread Information