Join Today
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    OH DEAR
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,711 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Williams View Post
    Most drilled discs will crack if used hard, if you don't use them hard then why buy them unles its a show car. If you want disks with holes in it's a lot better to buy ones with the holes in when cast.
    Thats why i said i got them because i think they look good so it was more cosmetic rather than going for better brakes.
    My brakes never get much hammer but for me they seem to be very good and havent had any problems.
    My freind had the ebc drilled and grooved discs on his car and managed to crack them.

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Liddo View Post
    Ive just had fitted Mintex 302's and Pads. Bought them off Ebay for (i think) £80 delivered.

They seem ok, but I get intermitant brake judder, but no wheel shake (its weird) so Im putting it down to the wishbones, which Im having replaced soon
    I can't believe your just second guessing what the real problem is and just putting it down to something and hoping your right! That's how garages go out of business...for second guessing and ripping people off. Chances are there is nothing wrong with your wishbone 'bushes' so why just change them? There are tried and tested methods and ways to check components to see if they are worn.

Judder could be down to any number of things including wheel alignment, wheel bearings, steering rack drumsticks (mine are knackered and being replaced tomorrow), warped discs to name but a few...

If you wanna throw money away then give it to me
    Last edited by LeeT5; Tuesday 21st April 2009 at 18:01.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

Thread Information