Join Today
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    This user has no status

Thanks

Cats

QUOTE :Mrs MOPP <Les can we refrain from being quite so personal, you're all meant to be adults and (although its hard to tell sometimes) you should be able to have a discusion without resorting to being catty! .................................................. ...Well i dont know where the catty was considering everyone was "avin a go at me" . Can the moderators address the posts i put up that should be PINNED. Things that help the peeps ..Maybe i should change my avatar and make it read "somewhere in the uk " then i wont get flack for living in a better /sunny place HEY ?
    Last edited by LesRED850R; Saturday 25th October 2008 at 17:49.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mitsy View Post
    Lets talk about hiding things then shell we

What happened to the Chris's post about his car going bang??

O yes it so happened to disappeared with the big VPC crash or was it sabotage?

Please do explain how im making myself look foolish

And like I have said before its not the forum I dislike its the Dictators that run the forum
    in fairness i dont think justin would have chosen too loose all that information just to hide what happened to chris's engine
    http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2552&dateline=1218822  313
    She may not be perfect but i love her anyway....

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PNuT For This Useful Post:

MIKESC70T5 (Sunday 26th October 2008),Mrsmopp (Saturday 25th October 2008),pangster (Saturday 25th October 2008),pault5 (Saturday 25th October 2008)

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by t5 pete View Post
    hi pangster eveything has been done on that list the distributer + rotor was done about 3000miles ago i have used rex ex fuel treatment witch its say to do so in that list the g-box fluid has been replaced my mate cossie does the same it was worse before he took in to greham goode (think thats his name) and after it still does it just not as bad he seems to think its a problem with his boost being unstable in high gears
    ahh ok.. sounds like you've done most things then! :0 - I'm going through doing mine at the minute.. another thing that can go wrong is the BCS (boost control solenoid) there seems to be quite a few threads relating to this on VS and this could cause unstable boost from what I've read. It might be worth checking a known good one against the one in your car and see if this makes a difference. If it does then iPD make an uprated item or Rufe could arrange an OEM one for you.

1998 BMW Z3 2.8 Roadster

This user has no status

Thanks
    Lets talk about hiding things then shell we

What happened to the Chris's post about his car going bang??

O yes it so happened to disappeared with the big VPC crash or was it sabotage?

Please do explain how im making myself look foolish

And like I have said before its not the forum I dislike its the Dictators that run the forum
    Question 1: No idea - did it not get lost at the same time we lost 2 years worth of posts on the forum?

Question 2: I'm not sure what conspiracy theory your running with but the full and factual reason why the forum went down is explained on the front page.

Unfortunately those "dictators" have been here since day one and will be here until the end - you have other outlets that aren't run by dictators so you can play there with all the freedom in the world.

If you reply further off the original topic of this thread then I shall delete the posts as its way off topic And because I am a dictator LMSO!

x

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mrsmopp For This Useful Post:

pault5 (Saturday 25th October 2008)

Suspended
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrsmopp View Post
    Question 1: No idea - did it not get lost at the same time we lost 2 years worth of posts on the forum?

Question 2: I'm not sure what conspiracy theory your running with but the full and factual reason why the forum went down is explained on the front page.

Unfortunately those "dictators" have been here since day one and will be here until the end - you have other outlets that aren't run by dictators so you can play there with all the freedom in the world.

If you reply further off the original topic of this thread then I shall delete the posts as its way off topic And because I am a dictator LMSO!

x
    Well delete away moppy as you dont normally ask before doing so

Gizza job!
    Thanks
    I'll second whoever said getting injectors cleaned.

I had mine done by jimathan, he does an excellent service.

Mine were in extremely poor shape, but this was only shown up by flow testing on the bench as the car *seemed* to run ok.

I changed the fuel filter on jim's advice, and I don't think it had ever been done (judging by the look of it). That was quite a simple job.

OH DEAR
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,711 Times in 2,752 Posts
    hi pangster i have 2 t5 engines with bcs on them i will try one of them also what would the boost be like if this went down my boost seems to be fine also is the ipd bcs for the 850's or just the later versions?
    cheers pete

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrsmopp View Post

x
    The mods duties could be given to a few more and then early intervention could happen.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Any Mods ???

This user has no status

Thanks
    See what i mean! And i am NOT being CATTY . Whatever that means....

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by t5 pete View Post
    hi pangster i have 2 t5 engines with bcs on them i will try one of them also what would the boost be like if this went down my boost seems to be fine also is the ipd bcs for the 850's or just the later versions?
    cheers pete
    I *think* they are suitable for all - but you could drop Ron@IPD on here a PM and he'll confirm..

1998 BMW Z3 2.8 Roadster

14. The Following User Says Thank You to pangster For This Useful Post:

t5 pete (Saturday 25th October 2008)

This user has no status

Thanks
    Hey , its 4am and 18 degrees C and its not even summer.....the beach is 2 blocks away....YAY!

Suspended
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LesRED850R View Post
    See what i mean! And i am NOT being CATTY . Whatever that means....
    CATTY=2 girls fighting

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pangster View Post
    I *think* they are suitable for all - but you could drop Ron@IPD on here a PM and he'll confirm..
    Email them direct and ask for Ken Pruett or Lucky Arnold.ken@ipdusa.com

This user has no status
    Thanks
    So BigV what do you actually know about Hamish/HLM? What are your finding regarding MTE/Don? In fact what MODS's have you actually carried out on your C70?

You seem to be very quick to deffend Hamish/HLM whay is that?what work has Hamish/HLM carried out on your C70
    Why is is important what mods I have carried out on my car (none fyi), this discussion was supposed to be about a new member who was asking advice about remaps and the safety of them especially with the auto box.

I'm not getting involved in the past or other peoples issues here at all... well I suppose I am but I didn't really want to! I am not talking about or 'defending' (defending what btw?) anything apart from the good service I received. I'm simply not allowing you and few other members to make so much noise that no other positive opinions or experiences can be heard.......

I had an ECU upgrade for the £150 and they did my cambelt and a couple of other bits which I can't remember now....... so you can see I'm not exactly a major shareholder or customer of the year or anything. I was just very happy with the work I had done and I would recommend the remap to anyone who asked (and the OP was asking right?).

Like most people I was a Total HLM/Hamish fan until I read about his dishonest approach to wards people when something goes wrong.

This has nothing to do with paying £352 for a genuine Rica as I would with out a doubt pay that much again as long as I am sure I am getting a genuine product and safe in the knowledge that if anything went wrong then Rica will try the best to sort the problem out
    So if I am reading this correctly, what you are saying you had a RICA tune from HLM which you are happy with, but now because of what other people say RE: customer service follow up, you would not use them again? - Strong independent thought going on there

As for the 'if anything went wrong, rica will help'....... yeah ok, so if you slap a remap on a 10... 13 year old car with 90k+ miles and the engine lets go or something else happens do you honestly & seriously believe that RICA, responsible for supplying a £300 piece of software is going to pick up the tab for a repair bill potentially running into thousands????? I think that is a bit naive to be honest mate.

These things void manufacturer warranties for a reason, once the car is tuned it is up to the customer to make sure it is serviced more regularly and well looked after etc. 99% of tuning places, rolling roads etc make you sign a waiver saying as long as the work is carried out to an acceptable and proper standard they can accept no responsibility for an damage caused. Heck, if you took your car for an MOT and the garage managed to blow it up doing the emissions check you would have probably get told to bugger off; it does happen!

edit: oh, and as for the don/mte thing, I have no problem with him or the product at all, many people are extremely happy with it and I am pleased for them...... the problem is some of those people wont allow other people to be happy with the hlm/bsr/superchips product they choose to buy instead.

One further thing I would say is, I was going to have my previous 850 MTE'd a year or more back but I couldn't travel that far, luckily for me he said he would be in my area and would be able to fit it as it was only a 10min job.......He never showed up on the day and when I decided I would travel down there and get it done I sent an email and a couple of phone calls but I could never get through..... Didn't seem very professional? Although I add I have no problem or axe to grind, I was just slightly disappointed.

So skipping forward to the present day when with my new c70, I weighed up the options and made a phone call to hlm (and they rang me back as promised) and decided I would rather travel 30miles down the road and get it done somewhere that could be bothered to reply to my queries...... with the added bonus that it was half price and if i was happy I could get mechanical work done there in the future too.
    Last edited by BigV; Saturday 25th October 2008 at 18:31.
    854 T5 Auto.

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BigV For This Useful Post:

cameron (Saturday 25th October 2008),MrMopp (Saturday 25th October 2008),pangster (Saturday 25th October 2008),pault5 (Saturday 25th October 2008)

This user has no status

Thanks
    CATTY=2 girls fighting
    Mmmmm , are you thinking what i am thinkink...

Suspended
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LesRED850R View Post
    Mmmmm , are you thinking what i am thinkink...
    I hope so

Suspended
    This user has no status

Thanks
    My point exactly Pete

Hamish has a habbit of selling/fitting his maps with out giving a RR printout

And ask your self why is that?

Like irf mentioned before about someone running very lean (high 16 AFR)on full boost.Well that person was me and Hamish even convinced me that my car was running perfectly although the boost was very erratic

I was persuaded to fit an Innovate gauge to find what my AFR's was reading.Only to find my fuelling couldn't cope and my ECU was pulling the timing to protect my engine from melting due to lack of fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by BigV View Post
    Why is is important what mods I have carried out on my car (none fyi), this discussion was supposed to be about a new member who was asking advice about remaps and the safety of them especially with the auto box.

I'm not getting involved in the past or other peoples issues here at all... well I suppose I am but I didn't really want to! I am not talking about or 'defending' (defending what btw?) anything apart from the good service I received. I'm simply not allowing you and few other members to make so much noise that no other positive opinions or experiences can be heard.......

I had an ECU upgrade for the £150 and they did my cambelt and a couple of other bits which I can't remember now....... so you can see I'm not exactly a major shareholder or customer of the year or anything. I was just very happy with the work I had done and I would recommend the remap to anyone who asked (and the OP was asking right?).

So if I am reading this correctly, what you are saying you had a RICA tune from HLM which you are happy with, but now because of what other people say RE: customer service follow up, you would not use them again? - Strong independent thought going on there

As for the 'if anything went wrong, rica will help'....... yeah ok, so if you slap a remap on a 10... 13 year old car with 90k+ miles and the engine lets go or something else happens do you honestly & seriously believe that RICA, responsible for supplying a £300 piece of software is going to pick up the tab for a repair bill potentially running into thousands????? I think that is a bit naive to be honest mate.

These things void manufacturer warranties for a reason, once the car is tuned it is up to the customer to make sure it is serviced more regularly and well looked after etc. 99% of tuning places, rolling roads etc make you sign a waiver saying as long as the work is carried out to an acceptable and proper standard they can accept no responsibility for an damage caused. Heck, if you took your car for an MOT and the garage managed to blow it up doing the emissions check you would have probably get told to bugger off; it does happen!

edit: oh, and as for the don/mte thing, I have no problem with him or the product at all, many people are extremely happy with it and I am pleased for them...... the problem is some of those people wont allow other people to be happy with the hlm/bsr/superchips product they choose to buy instead.

One further thing I would say is, I was going to have my previous 850 MTE'd a year or more back but I couldn't travel that far, luckily for me he said he would be in my area and would be able to fit it as it was only a 10min job.......He never showed up on the day and when I decided I would travel down there and get it done I sent an email and a couple of phone calls but I could never get through..... Didn't seem very professional? Although I add I have no problem or axe to grind, I was just slightly disappointed.

So skipping forward to the present day when with my new c70, I weighed up the options and made a phone call to hlm (and they rang me back as promised) and decided I would rather travel 30miles down the road and get it done somewhere that could be bothered to reply to my queries...... with the added bonus that it was half price and if i was happy I could get mechanical work done there in the future too.
    Where did i say I was happy with the Hamish treatment untill I spoke to other people?

You will also find I stated that if the Map is found to be at fault then yes Rica will try there best to help

Even missD had a gripper diff fitted which distroyed her gearbox O and what a suprice Gripper fixed her Gearbox and all the damage it caused FREE OF CHARGE
    Last edited by mitsy; Saturday 25th October 2008 at 18:55.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Where did i say I was happy with the Hamish treatment untill I spoke to other people?

You will also find I stated that is the Map is found to be at fault then yes Rica will try there best to help

Even missD had a gripper diff fitted which distroyed her gearbox O and what a suprice Gripper fixed her Gearbox and all the damage it caused FREE OF CHARGE
    I quoted you directly from page 6 of this topic;
    Like most people I was a Total HLM/Hamish fan until I read about his dishonest approach to wards people when something goes wrong
    That speaks for itself....... you were happy until other people told you not to be happy basically?

As for the rica will help business...... I think you are crazy here I really do. How exactly are you going to prove that a dodgy RICA product caused your engine to fail, and that this failure wasn't down to some other possibility (of which there are probably hundreds), and how exactly do you think RICA are going to help?

The rica website FAQs basically say this:
    If the engine starts running poorly after a certain amount of time, then it cannot be the result of a software fault, but will in fact be the result of a component defect. Any such problems must be diagnosed and resolved by the your local garage as soon as possible. Sometimes chiptuning will not yield the expected increases in power and torque. This is normally the result of either component wear and tear or bad maintenance leading to components that cannot perform to the levels required for optimum performance.
    That is just on the website, no doubt the small print on anything you buy goes even further to remove any chance of them getting sued.
    Last edited by BigV; Saturday 25th October 2008 at 19:03.
    854 T5 Auto.

Suspended
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BigV View Post
    I quoted you directly from page 6 of this topic;

That speaks for itself....... you were happy until other people told you not to be happy basically?

As for the rica will help business...... I think you are crazy here I really do. How exactly are you going to prove that a dodgy RICA product caused your engine to fail, and that this failure wasn't down to some other possibility (of which there are probably hundreds), and how exactly do you think RICA are going to help?

The rica website FAQs basically say this:

That is just on the website, no doubt the small print on anything you buy goes even further to remove any chance of them getting sued.
    Let me try to explain in a simpler manner

Yes I was happy with Hamish and was tacken in by his words of reasurance(you following so far?)untill a good friend of mine who knows a few things about volvo's that due to the poor setup my car was running very lean(you still following?)but yet Hamish was still trying to reasure me that my car was running great(have I made it simple enough for you?)

If you also read the content of Rica's (chiptuning)disclamer it states that after a certain timethey will accept no responsability IE if the car starts to run like a bag of nails as soon as the map is fitted then it will probibly be down to the map.However if it starts to play up at a certain time after the map is fitted then it will be down to engine failer
    Last edited by mitsy; Saturday 25th October 2008 at 19:21.

Thread Information