Join Today

Thread: T4 Top Speed.

Threaded View

This user has no status

Thanks
    eh, who's to say, speedo's are hugely inaacurate at high speed.

why bother mate? OOOh I've done 160, well done, you've risked your life and others to prove that after 10 miles down the motorway you can nudge 160, that doest show a fast car, it shows a long geared car with mildly respectable power.

Now if you can do 160 from 0 in 1 mile....I'll be mildly interested, cause that might be considered "quick"

Seriously no offence meant but ragging a car to its balls out to pspeed at 160 indicated on public roads just so you can come on a forum and say you did it....grow up.

My skyline does just over 85 mph ( on a calibrated speed trap not a random dash speedo) in 8.1 secs and I consider it, fast(ish) compared to my previous car, which recorded 154.0 mph in 1.2 miles (on the 152mph stopper on the speedo for about 200 metres before I hit the trap with the revs still shooting up repaidly)

Long and short, an indicated 160 on multiple mile motorway run isn't anything special so stop risking your licence/life doing it.

Ross
    Last edited by Ross9; Tuesday 12th August 2008 at 01:34.
    All fast cars long gone. Sensible family BMW 3 series now.
    Still Volvo links though as my wife has a V50 R design sport and a mildly fettled T4

Thread Information