Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

Exclamation 850 t5 stereo cuts out?

Hi all.
    I hope somebody can help me out here.
    I have a 96 t5 Estate which had a Premium sound stereo fitted.
    I have upgraded to a Kenwood KVTM700 whilst still using the same wiring and speakers...
    When I turn the stereo up and a bass note peaks it cuts out and the screen goes blank for a few seconds then comes back to life??
    So far I have temporally upgraded the various fuses in the box to see if that helps,but to no avail...
    Also I saw in the Haynes wiring diagram that there is a power overload relay fitted somewhere,so I thought this may be causing the problem.So to overcome this I wire direct to the battery but still does the same...
    Im not 100% with the stereo wiring setup on my car and was wondering if anybody could tell me the run of the speaker cables etc from the stereo..
    Strange thing is that when i disconnected the 8 wire iso speaker block,it cut out all the speakers apart from the 2 tweeters in the top dash..
    Many Thanks in Advance..
    Steve

This user has no status
    Thanks
    sounds like a thermal cut out inside your stereo matey, My sony HU sends just the high frequencies to the speakers (HPF to 78k hertz), the lower bass stuff is handled by a dedicated sub. This relives the 'pressure' on the HU. The power coming from the cars wiring is enough to drive the HU Sub & a outboard 100wpc (rms) amp. The 15amp fuse commited suiced so til i get the time to run dedicated power from the battery to the system I stuffed in a 30amp fuse & dont really crank it up.
    .....sooper moose. '97 850R manual. Yum yum.

This user has no status

Thanks
    thanks matey.apprieciate it...

Thread Information