Join Today
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Tyres :-)

This user has no status

Thanks
    Not sure who mentioned the Toyo T1-R's v F1's but I would not recommend the Toyo's. The original T1S were fantastic in both wet and dry. The newer ones have a harder, continuous band of rubber around the outer edges to reduce the chances of the edges being chewed under hard driving which many found to be a problem with the S. The problem is that this takes a bit of time to get up to temperature when driving hard and the cornering suffers as a result. It also suffers in the wet and cold...especially greasy roundabouts. The F1 takes very little effort to get the most out of them and are a great all year round tyre. I have used them on the vec and found them to be fantastic if a little short lived...although that can be said for most performance tyres! The T1R is great on roads that have had the pebbles put into the bitumen surface, they really seem to dig in but again, only in the dry or after a thorough hard warming up...until then they again feel a bit dicey. The Michelin Pilot Sports are possibly slightly better than the F1's but I have not been able to compare them on the same car. A short lived but underrated tyre is the Avon ZZ3. It is not an outstanding tyre but is significantly cheaper than the opposition and can be had in 215/45/17 for £65-70. I have used these on a few cars and found them to be progressive and quite sticky.

Hope that helps some of you..

Suspended
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Well i just put some 18s on Toyo T1s on my Cossy so will see how they go, tread looks just as sexy as the F1 too.

Thread Information