Afternoon all,

after a break away from Volvo's I have returned to the fold and just this weekend bought a 2001 V70 T5 manual with a claimed 79k miles on the clock. I collected this from Birmingham from a questionable gent and contrary to the ad description there were many faults. As I had already paid for flight down and the prospect of paying for another returning straight away seemed expensive, I made a new deal and took a chance.
So issues at the moment;

The dash has no life other than the engine management light - seller claimed a new dash had been sourced and tried however, had forgotten which was the original with the car. I tried changing the supplied dash and no difference. Worth noting one of the dashes has a "Volvo diagnostic" sticker suggesting it has been looked at previously.

The engine is clearly in limp mode with no signs of turbo and appears to be suffering from the ETM fault ie hunts at idle, falters when you apply the throttle before levelling out at higher revs. Disconnecting the MAF makes the idle far worse however makes the car run much better during accelerating however still no noticeable turbo kick.

Looked at the CEM last night which was hanging above pedals to discover it also has a Volvo diagnostic sticker so put it back in its hangar - no difference.

Not sure if you can add/replace components using VIDA on a computer or it has to go to main dealers!!!!!! Is there an independent Volvo guy locally?

Seller also supplied a spare accelerator pedal which I connected and still no change.

Connected the car to a friends VIDA diagnostics which gave some more information. The mileage shown on the information reads 168,000 however is this from the DIM or is this in fact from the car? (hope the former)

The DTC's suggest no communication with the DIM and I believe the ETM is also mentioned however as this is my first time using the VIDA diagnostic I am not clear on the information present and what needs to be done next. During the diagnostic session some of the dash info flashes up however disappears again.

Is there someone in the Aberdeen area willing to help me as I am looking to use this car for commuting in a month and money needs to be spent wisely whilst I move house. Really reaching out to the forum for help and yes would probably have been better paying for a return flight but the car has cleaned up well suggesting maybe you can polish a t*rd!

Thanks to anyone for advice/help

Rory