So...about 2 years ago I had a low mileage Rover 45 Conn 1.8 in mint condition 30k on the clock..they are worth nothing as you know..but basically Head gaskets apart, good cars..
I had the gasket fixed gave it to my Son and bought my 850R via a Jaguar S-Type...another basically good car.. I have cared for my Volvo, Oh Yes... new tyres..Full Bilstein suspension kit 302 brakes..Ferodo 2500 It goes really well..
My Daughter in Law is a Midwife with 3 of her own children and I noticed a certain sly...yes definitely sly...sneaky yet envious glance when I bought the Volvo. Then I got the old Cows eyes when she had to go on Holiday..so I lent her the Volvo...first mistake which she promptly put 1000 miles on, no amount of warning that its useless on Fuel economy has in any way worked...Then, I get the call.."My Rover is losing water"..OH NO.. "I have to go to work"...OH NO.. OH NO.. "I can't work without a car".. So the Rover is down the side of my house and I'm REALLY hoping that its just the Inlet manifold gasket which has failed that I've ordered...
The Volvo 850R is currently being used a Midwifes delivery vehicle in the Stockport region of South Manchester, what I absolutely need is a cast iron..can't go wrong..100%..surefire reason why she can't pinch it again...sadly she really likes the car....