Join Today

Threaded View

This user has no status
    Thanks

Performance ES vs GT

Hi all Newbie here

We have 3 480's in the family, namely ES, GT and Turbo. My wife's ES goes like " ......" from the word go and has 220k on the clock and the red dipstick. I have the GT and the green dipstick and air con with 150k on the clock. Supposedly, the engines are exactly the same apart from the oil cooling she has under the pistons. My car, GT, seems to be a gear behind hers ES. Once I get to 3000, then it picks up and goes. In a race she can't pull away but I have to push harder. Any ideas? There is a difference in the engines for sure but where? Her fifth gear is very good even from low rpm, mine lags a bit, I have to change down if I want to keep up. I have had the timing checked, ok but the plugs are very light coloured, almost white. I get extremely good fuel consumption. I wonder if I am running lean for some reason! I have used copious Redex and the GT is quickening, as I suspected the injectors may have been clogged up a bit. Have you heard anything like this from anyone else.
    Secondly, my Turbo's gauge only get just into the yellow by a quarter to a third, is this normal and what is the running pressure for a normal car supposed to be? Is there anything I should check apart from the boost system leaking to make sure the Turbo is producing it's best performance.

Alastair K605ewa

Attached Images Attached Images       
    Last edited by K605ewa; Sunday 18th October 2015 at 14:29.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to K605ewa For This Useful Post:

Biff (Sunday 18th October 2015),craigoodwood (Sunday 18th October 2015),Doingitsideways (Sunday 18th October 2015)

Thread Information