I was giving someone a lift home in the S60 last night. As I picked up the other half from work, one of her colleagues who lives just up the road needed to get home, so I offered him a lift. I've done this before for him and previously and always in the V70, sothis was the first trip he'd had in the S60.

I noticed he struggled to get in and out of the back of the S60 far more than the V70 and I just wondered if the passenger cabin was physically shorter on the S60? In other words, less leg room for the rear passenger cabin.

I've been explaining to people that the V70 and S80 are the executive estate and saloon cars whereas the S60 was designed and launched as a 'Sports Sedan', so in effect is 'inferior' in spec to that of the other 2 models. I wonder if the car is physically smaller inside too. This supports my belief that the speaker system quality seems better in the V70 that the S60 and that the SE spec in the S60 doesn't included the heated front seats that are present in the V70.

Anyway, can anyone confirm whether or not the S60 passenger cabin is in fact shorter than that of the V70 (P2)...?