Had a fab drive back from work tonight, even stopped at Aldi on the way home and as I pulled on to my drive and came to a stop, the engine was idling virtually at stalling point and then to my horror I saw blue-white smoke from the tail pipe and could smell burning oil and neat petrol. This came without warning although the car has had this choking idle issue before but recovered. It's also refused to start, once at MRP's place and several times prior to today - the car would try and start but hardly climb above stalling revs.

Anyway, I've called the AA seeing as I have garage cover but why this without warning I'm not quite sure. I've got to get to work tomorrow so I hope it's an easy fix.

So far I have checked the engine bay for oil leaks (non obvious), engine oil looks fine, no error codes (especially looking for mis-fire errors on the cylinders). I could do a cylinder compression test and take the spark plugs out but the AA are on their way so I'll let them do that seeing I pay for the privilege.

Bit worried here I've got to be honest but I'll keep you all posted. Anyone else had this issue?

p.s. I have got some video footage that I'll try and upload.