Well the faithful old Pioneer head unit went bang on saturday and, although I haven't used the radio much since fitting the new zorst, the idea of not having tunes just doesn't appeal. So I took a mooch around my local Halfrauds and picked up this little beauty...

Linky

£60 quid off and was almost in my price bracket so I paypalled some funds over to my bank and bought it.

Fitted it in Halfrauds Car park in 5 minutes And I'm bloody impressed.

The good stuff.....

1. Bluetooth is superb, phone calls are as clear as day with no echo or noise to the person calling you and the BT audio feature, although missing song names (or I've not switched it on yet) is exceptional - I can even use my equaliser and surround settings from my phone to adjust the sound quality of the playback!

2. Looks really nice

3. 2 x USB sockets - one in the facia and one on a 1M cable which you can hide in the glove box or center arm rest, 3.5mm aux input on the facia, stereo preout socket on the back, Dab input (additional gizmo required)

4. Very immersive sound once set up.

The down sides...

1. No CD slot... yep, the new generation is here - totally digital making the unit half the depth of normal head units. Not that bothered as all my music is digital now and I can either play from my phone or plug a dongle in somewhere. Plus I don't have CDs rattling about in the car any more

2. FM radio sound quality isn't great (gonna try it with the FM radio on the phone tonight) I may have missed an audio setting somewhere so I'll update the thread if I sort it.

3. The preout sockets appear to be for a standard stereo amp and not a sub, which means I've got some fiddling to do to get the sub sounding right.

4. Sub makes a "thump" noise when the stereo switches on. Nothing worrying, just annoys me lol.

5. Limited audio adjustments available - some presets and a user setting that lets you do bass, treble, balance and fader. There's also the DBB and MAX-B functions that won't be getting switched off any time soon

I've not had chance to have a good fiddle with it yet so I'll update if I find anything interesting.