Quote Originally Posted by JamesT5 View Post
No, I haven't failed and nor has Ed, it's work in progress. Just because you haven't had any issues with your car doesn't mean to say the rest of us who try and fix ours on a shoe string budget have failed. If your car had done ultra high miles I guarantee, post 2004 or not, it WILL have had major issues at some point.

So, perhaps the rest of us who are learning something about our cars all the time and showing persistence and backbone should be congratulated. It's not all about how much money you spend on it, it's the effort and the goal at the end that actually matters. Perhaps we want to spend time on our cars like this, did you consider that?
Easy tiger

The way it looks to a lot of us is that there's something going on that can't be diagnosed by the average spanner-monkey on his driveway.
You've both had issues when replacing/repairing the ETM and amongst conflicting opinions, the fact that that the ETM might need flashing seems to be becoming more and more prominent. I honestly didn't think this would be the case but looking at what's been recently posted, and remembering that the P2 ME7 is more complicated than the P1 (P2 is actually ME7.1 iirc) The "plug 'n' play" idea could very well only apply to the P1.

Have either of you phoned somewhere like MRG or HLM etc ? you might get a simple yes or no and possibly solve both your problems. Or at least, rule out the ETM being the problem.