Join Today

Threaded View

This user has no status
    Thanks

V70R 2005 throttle hesitation problem

Hello.

I've a friend of mine that bought a long time ago a Volvo V70R from 2005. The car have already been reprogrammed (ECU) when he bought it. The car is amazing, I love it, but there is a problem that is disturbing him for long time. He didn't find a solution yet, and before he makes a mistake and sells it, I would like to explain you the problem and ask for help. By the way, we are both Volvo fans, specially in the R division!

When the car is accelerating from low speed, independently from being full or half throttle, it hesitates about the 2500-3000 rpm, and after I doesn't keep developing as good as it might. I'm not quite sure it happens only in those rpm's, that what I witnessed, because later, when he rev it up and start accelerating, instead of being linear, it felt perfectly "normal!" for a V70R.

He already change MAF, plugs, hoses, ignition coils, things in the turbo system (I'm not quite sure what) a many things more, but he doesn't get the point. It is driving him crazy, because he already have it for 3 years.

I bought a Volvo ECU in ebay in order to try to get the original configuration, to see if the problem is related to the ECU reprogramming. It wasn't from a Volvo R, but the codes match. Now we are trying to get someone to unlock it.

Please, any help you can provide I will appreciate, specially if you know exactly what I'm trying to expose, if you had the same problem for example. I will try to provide you every information you require too.

Thanks
    Best regards!
    Last edited by omn; Thursday 21st March 2013 at 02:32.

Thread Information