Join Today

Threaded View

"The Instigator"
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,912 Times in 1,859 Posts

TFM's 850 R Replica Project

Honestly you would not believe how good it feels to get a spanner in hand after spending four months hitting Landrover starter motors with 4lb sledge hammers! So much so today I went to collect my newly Purchased Volans... not far from my work residence address only 10 miles but I travelled from Lincoln and it was roughly a 90 mile trip.

I was driving pretty steady and was astounded to find after 30 odd miles into the Journey the odometer was reading a massive 40.9 mpg average. I very much put this down to my driving style and the updated 2011 Rica map proivded by Adam.

Anyhow I got back and decided it was time to fit the 302mm conversion onto the old bus from the T5-R. I never fitted the original conversion onto the T5-R and was astounded to see the size difference when the discs were put together. The 302mm discs had a fair amount of surface corrosion from 6 months in the garage so a rub down with emery paper soon sorted that out.

Here are a few comparrison shots.

I also got sick of the drone from the custom stainless exhuast I had installed so had a second silencer installed at the rear of the car. Its much quieter in the low revs and when your light footed but bizarely the rev range for the "droning effect" has just gotten higher? Its moved from droning at 1.5-2.5k to 2-3k.

Volans and 302's fitted, now just the head to re-build 19T to fit and greens with custom map and away we go!

She's starting to look like an R replica... picking up a dark R interior tomorrow too

Last edited by The Flying Moose; Sunday 31st July 2011 at 22:31.
    Arguing is pointless....she may not be right but she's never wrong

Tell her a remap is just having your satnav updated.....

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to The Flying Moose For This Useful Post:

AndysR (Tuesday 28th June 2011),cameron (Wednesday 29th June 2011),Dangerous Dave (Tuesday 28th June 2011),JelT5 (Wednesday 29th June 2011),Jim S70R (Wednesday 29th June 2011),leet5r (Thursday 30th June 2011),Porcine_Aviator (Wednesday 29th June 2011),siamblue (Wednesday 29th June 2011),WOODY T5 (Wednesday 29th June 2011)

Thread Information